Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

IMO whether Ice going to Pamfers is a plus or minus depends on how much of his freight we are paying. If we replace him with an inferior or mid level replacement and save $100K, its not worth it IMO.

I suppose as we stare down a 3rd straight spoon, something needs to happen and I have confidence in Richo, less so in Benji and at least things are happening.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

The thing is, you need to get value out of your signings.

Ice is getting $650,000 but his output is below that. We have a history of paying the wrong amounts for guys that don’t or can’t perform at the level we are paying them.

I would say Richo has looked at the booked he inherited and done a lot of head shaking. Movement has started, strap in because it’s going to be a wild ride.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @helmesy

The thing is, you need to get value out of your signings.

Ice is getting $650,000 but his output is below that. We have a history of paying the wrong amounts for guys that don’t or can’t perform at the level we are paying them.

Nobody could argue against that, but IMO the big decision is what you do about it. Sure you can say $650 is too much and ship him off, but if we are paying $200K of that next year and replace him with a lesser player that costs $300K then our team is less competitive for not much cap relief.  I cant believe Pamfers are paying him $650K. Alternatively you suck up the $200K that he is overpaid and stick with one of the few actual quality backrowers we have who may help us be competitive and also attract new players.

Difficult value judgement. If Richo replaces him with Angus Crichton then all is forgiven.

Skippa13 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I hope Richo can weave some magic but there is a massive player shortage, so decent players go to decent teams. We may save some cash from freeing up overpaid players like Ice but realistically, who do we sign now? We will probably sign Tupouniua on slightly less cash...so another project player. We don't get players for what they are worth, we pay overs and pray that they come good. 

The base ability of the whole side needs to be raised, not just a star player or 2. 

I really, really hope we have Galvin, Stef and Pole locked up long term very soon.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

There's about 25 players in the top 30 Richo needs to get rid of.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

As discussed on the Pod, Sam Fainu is defiantly a modern 2RF and with a contract of around $400k he is good value. That leaves only one starting 2RF spot and so one of the existing has to go ie Paps. A key question for the squad is what type of 13 you want and we have been rotating props and 2RFs through that spot for years now with any clear strategy. Maybe Matamua can make that his own but long term I don’t think you want to use that position as just another tackle machine 3rd prop because our defence is ok, it’s our attack that is atrocious. Hopefully we can replace Bateman with another skilfull rangy 2RF (can’t believe we let Blore go) and then decide what type of game we want to play between our 9/7/13 and recruit specifically for that role. One advantage that having a whole lot of kids in the top 30 brings is that they will be on min wage deals so whilst roster spots might be tight, I presume we have plenty of $ to spend

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

There's about 25 players in the top 30 Richo needs to get rid of.

And I reckon Richardson recognises this.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

As discussed on the Pod, Sam Fainu is defiantly a modern 2RF and with a contract of around $400k he is good value. That leaves only one starting 2RF spot and so one of the existing has to go ie Paps. A key question for the squad is what type of 13 you want and we have been rotating props and 2RFs through that spot for years now with any clear strategy. Maybe Matamua can make that his own but long term I don’t think you want to use that position as just another tackle machine 3rd prop because our defence is ok, it’s our attack that is atrocious. Hopefully we can replace Bateman with another skilfull rangy 2RF (can’t believe we let Blore go) and then decide what type of game we want to play between our 9/7/13 and recruit specifically for that role. One advantage that having a whole lot of kids in the top 30 brings is that they will be on min wage deals so whilst roster spots might be tight, I presume we have plenty of $ to spend

ironically, the player that has looked best at 13 this year (albiet for only 15mins) will be at Penrith next year.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger5150 Who is that? Have I missed something?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@tiger5150 Who is that? Have I missed something?

Ice, I see in the other thread, you weren't aware he had signed with Penrith

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

reports in media are that Matt Nicholson from Warrington is linked to nrl, probably no coincidence Richo is over there 5 clubs apparently chasing but Richo perhaps trying to seal the deal

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Someone had to post it.....

https://youtu.be/H2E1E8c3mkA?si=i29Ok7fcqFAEFN2j

Looks pretty good against pommy defences. Im always pretty sceptical of pommies making it here but its a more impressive highlights real than oliver Gildart at least.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Looks pretty good against pommy defences. Im always pretty sceptical of pommies making it here but its a more impressive highlights real than oliver Gildart at least.

the pommy forwards usually go well, it is the outside backs that can strugle. He does have 5 clubs chasing him though

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Big boy with broad shoulders. Physically he looks right and there seems some skill there too.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I think stef will be out the door shortly too, he may well be thinking if I can get into a good system, Roosters Penrith storm even souths with bennet he can get another shot at representative games

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 945 / 972
Share: