Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I went to the Magpies game yesterday to check out Trindall. Wests had a good win and aside from one try assist I didn’t think Trindall looked a standout 

I was there also, agree Trindall wasn't a standout. But he did seem to steer the Jets around quite well, does things at a reasonable pace and was the linchpin for most of their attack. I thought he was probably the best of the halves.
Other observation Ogden had a pretty good game. Tuki was better than last time I saw him.

Also Lee H was there looking low key and serious, Dennis Burgess also.

Tigerlily, 851, hsvjones and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

When it comes to anything rugby league related, they are both complete idiots. It's been proven. I'm sure Lee is good in law and Pascoe must be ok at whatever he used to do, but regarding rugby league, they are completely clueless bordering on braindead.

You can add that they are poor negotiators, lack attention to detail (memberships), can’t communicate their vision (if they have one), too arrogant to consult with key stakeholders (appointment of Fulton). These are fundamentals of good management. And to think that I was a supporter of both the Pascoe and Hagipantellis until the appointment of Sheens as head coach.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

When it comes to anything rugby league related, they are both complete idiots. It's been proven. I'm sure Lee is good in law and Pascoe must be ok at whatever he used to do, but regarding rugby league, they are completely clueless bordering on braindead.

You can add that they are poor negotiators, lack attention to detail (memberships), can’t communicate their vision (if they have one), too arrogant to consult with key stakeholders (appointment of Fulton). These are fundamentals of good management. And to think that I was a supporter of both the Pascoe and Hagipantellis until the appointment of Sheens as head coach.

Same, I was always willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but their appointment of Sheens, given his recent record and history of arrogant self-preservation was the last straw for me. I cancelled my 18 year multiple memberships and made it clear to them why I did it. There is zero happening right now that would entice me to even consider re-joining as a member. The joint is broken. Lee, Pascoe and Board are the wreckers. Please leave.

tiger05premier, Joel Helmes, Snake and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@claws)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Quick question. Am I on the podcast forum or the other forum or has there been a take over? Go Weststigers!

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@mercy-rule I have been advocating for around 4 yrs there needed to be changes,the Sheens appointment was ludicrous and on top of that the Marshall and Farah assistant roles ! these appointments and there inputs are being reflected on the paddock . Watching this team play is painful the whole side is a very badly coached outfit , everybody wants to blame management and with good reason but don’t lose the fact that these three guys prepare this team each week! I believe that this is a pretty good footy side  but  with no form / shape / fitness / function this is not management this is coaching . Yes Management is garbage and needs changing just do not let the 3 Amigos of the hook they are as much to blame for the team running last !

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Sezer coming home.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/aidan-sezer-makes-decision-leeds-27292394

Aidan Sezer's time at Headingley is set to come to an end. Rugby League Live understands the Leeds Rhinos halfback has made a decision to return to Australia at the end of his current contract, which runs until the end of the season.

Sezer, 32, has spent the past four seasons in the UK, firstly with Huddersfield Giants and more recently with the Rhinos. However, his time at Leeds is set to come to an end in the coming months.

His next move remains unclear. There have been suggestions that Sezer is being considered as a solution to West Tigers' halfback conundrum though it should be noted a heap of halfbacks have been linked with the NRL's basement side in recent weeks. Sezer, though, is thought to be keen on continuing playing once he heads back down under.

Among those players linked is Salford Red Devils halfback and current Man of Steel Brodie Croft, with the Sydney Morning Herald suggesting he has been considered. Croft is under contract at Salford and there is a six-figure transfer release clause in his contract.

Sezer has been in good form during recent weeks, with his performance coming in for praise from Rohan Smith after the victory over Salford Red Devils. He has made 32 appearances for the Rhinos since his arrival at the club and 53 during his Super League stint. Before that he spent eight years in the NRL with Gold Coast and Canberra, playing for the Raiders in the 2018 Grand Final.

A number of players are set to leave the Rhinos at the end of the year. Sam Walters has signed for Wigan Warriors, Liam Tindall is heading to Hull FC and Zane Tetevano appears increasingly likely to depart at the end of the season. James Bentley's future remains unclear with his contract expiring at the end of the season. So far, the Rhinos have signed Catalans forward Michael Goudemand.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

IMO the 2nd best thing that could happen is Benji puts his hand up and says, I'm not ready to run it, I want a few years learning. We then appoint Ben Gardiner, the most respected coach the club has had in many many years. Best guy to bring youth through and engage with the youngsters with Benji heavily involved.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Sezer coming home.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/aidan-sezer-makes-decision-leeds-27292394

Aidan Sezer's time at Headingley is set to come to an end. Rugby League Live understands the Leeds Rhinos halfback has made a decision to return to Australia at the end of his current contract, which runs until the end of the season.

Sezer, 32, has spent the past four seasons in the UK, firstly with Huddersfield Giants and more recently with the Rhinos. However, his time at Leeds is set to come to an end in the coming months.

His next move remains unclear. There have been suggestions that Sezer is being considered as a solution to West Tigers' halfback conundrum though it should be noted a heap of halfbacks have been linked with the NRL's basement side in recent weeks. Sezer, though, is thought to be keen on continuing playing once he heads back down under.

Among those players linked is Salford Red Devils halfback and current Man of Steel Brodie Croft, with the Sydney Morning Herald suggesting he has been considered. Croft is under contract at Salford and there is a six-figure transfer release clause in his contract.

Sezer has been in good form during recent weeks, with his performance coming in for praise from Rohan Smith after the victory over Salford Red Devils. He has made 32 appearances for the Rhinos since his arrival at the club and 53 during his Super League stint. Before that he spent eight years in the NRL with Gold Coast and Canberra, playing for the Raiders in the 2018 Grand Final.

A number of players are set to leave the Rhinos at the end of the year. Sam Walters has signed for Wigan Warriors, Liam Tindall is heading to Hull FC and Zane Tetevano appears increasingly likely to depart at the end of the season. James Bentley's future remains unclear with his contract expiring at the end of the season. So far, the Rhinos have signed Catalans forward Michael Goudemand.

He was cooked before he left.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Sezer coming home.

He was cooked before he left.

I don't think he was cooked. He just lacked that touch of class to win a premiership for Canberra so Ricky bought Williams in from the UK. 

Not sure how he is looking over in Super League. Obviously if we signed him we would be hoping he could do what Blake Green did when returning to the NRL.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

Whether he was cooked or Fried, he's not the answer. Which means of course that he is a certainty to be here next year on a 3 year deal at $700k. Buying rejects from the NRL to Super League back to the NRL rarely works and certainly not with a 33 year old.

Le Frog

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@doug-heffernan If Gardiner would of been given the interim coaches job last season the club would of not got the spoon .. good old Sheens gave it to Noddy had to get rid of any competition last seasons spoon was Sheens doing and this year as well by the look of it . What a great initiative it was was bring back the old boy! I would sign Holbrook tomorrow he knows how to coach !

851, Westy81 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @snake

@doug-heffernan If Gardiner would of been given the interim coaches job last season the club would of not got the spoon .. good old Sheens gave it to Noddy had to get rid of any competition last seasons spoon was Sheens doing and this year as well by the look of it . What a great initiative it was was bring back the old boy! I would sign Holbrook tomorrow he knows how to coach !

I have a link to Titans staff and apparently Holbrook is well behind the modern game in regards to contact training. He is too concerned about injuries during training so the contact stuff is not at the level of the top teams.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Really excited for the tigers to be potentially paying a six figure transfer fee for Brodie Croft.... 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Heard from someone both Fainu's will definitely be at Dolphins and we have missed out. 

Really hope the info was wrong but I doubt it. Our recruitment is an absolute shambles 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

When was the last time we announced a signing or extension? Bula? 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 757 / 933
Share: