Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @boonboon

Souths and Eels showed tonight that when you take key spine players out of any team and they suck. Not sure our problems have anything to do with admin other then the ability to sign decent halves since Moses left us. Getting rid of Brooks was a great first step because 4 more years of that was too much to bear. 

we have great replacements lined up... oh wait

it was a stupid decision as we have nothing better coming through the door at present

You know what. We may not have had replacements lining up but realistically Brooks has failed over and over here and both he and the club need to go in a different direction. 

People can blame Brooks and people can blame the club for why it didn’t work but at the end of the day it didn’t work no matter who’s to blame. 

LoganR21, 851, GroveTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @hsvjones

@hsvjones joining the Tigers would be the worst decision he’d ever make.

I think I might be the only one but I disagree.  If we get him and a experienced half I think he will grow with the other young ones we have.  Api and the forward pack can hold there own. 

As things stand the chances of us hiring a quality half are a trillion to one. If Fainu came he’d probably end up playing with Wakeham or maybe Jake Clifford. Why would you come here? Coach and recruitment manager apparently barely talk and the CEO and Chair are the two biggest dimwits in professional sports.

the only way we’re going to be successful is  if we are sold and they get rid of everyone and start again. I’m talking all the admin, coaching staff, everyone. Get rid of every bit of Tigers DNA.

I think you need to be walked back from the cliff edge here.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I went to the Magpies game yesterday to check out Trindall. Wests had a good win and aside from one try assist I didn’t think Trindall looked a standout 

851 and tiger05premier reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@jirskyr yeah you’ve been saying things are fine for the past 8 years. I think you’re the only defender left.

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

@jirskyr yeah you’ve been saying things are fine for the past 8 years. I think you’re the only defender left.

I never said it was fine - this is another example of your new-found extremism. I am rejecting your scorched-Earth suggestion that our only solution is to sell the club and "get rid of everyone".

851 and Boonboon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @boonboon

Souths and Eels showed tonight that when you take key spine players out of any team and they suck. Not sure our problems have anything to do with admin other then the ability to sign decent halves since Moses left us. Getting rid of Brooks was a great first step because 4 more years of that was too much to bear. 

we have great replacements lined up... oh wait

it was a stupid decision as we have nothing better coming through the door at present

You know what. We may not have had replacements lining up but realistically Brooks has failed over and over here and both he and the club need to go in a different direction. 

People can blame Brooks and people can blame the club for why it didn’t work but at the end of the day it didn’t work no matter who’s to blame. 

I guess next year at Manly will tell the story re Brooks. Unfortunately he will go well with DCE 

Right now we have no other options it was a dumb decision 

Hammertime reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@jedi-tiger I don’t think next year will tell us anything we don’t know. He will be playing along side one of the best halves in the game. He will probably do well but that role is not what we need from him here. Brooks has not been a success at the Tigers (this is an indisputable fact). I wish him the best for next year but he’s not going to be here and it’s time to move on. I’m going to stop discussing him from here on out

LoganR21 and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jirskyr

I never said it was fine - this is another example of your new-found extremism. I am rejecting your scorched-Earth suggestion that our only solution is to sell the club and "get rid of everyone".

Not extreme at all. With the current set up we will never be successful, I’ve been saying this for years. The club is broken.

What are your plans to turn this club around? What would you do?

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@jedi-tiger I don’t think next year will tell us anything we don’t know. He will be playing along side one of the best halves in the game. He will probably do well but that role is not what we need from him here. Brooks has not been a success at the Tigers (this is an indisputable fact). I wish him the best for next year but he’s not going to be here and it’s time to move on. I’m going to stop discussing him from here on out

I get he is moving on issue is we have not REPLACED him with anyone BETTER ! and we do not look like doing so...

Once the club has named Brooks replacement can review but not looking promising at all

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Posted by: @jirskyr

Not extreme at all. With the current set up we will never be successful, I’ve been saying this for years. The club is broken.

What are your plans to turn this club around? What would you do?

Selling the club and removing all staff, which is what you said, is about as extreme as you can get, apart from disbanding the organisation altogether.

I don't have "plans" to turn the club around and I have no authority or ability to implement any strategies anyway. I would have to take a look "under the hood" to form an opinion, and currently I know next to nothing about how the club is run. I can only comment on what I observe on-field and that's related almost entirely to playing strategy and recruitment.

I am broadly supportive of the petition to conduct an independent review of the club operations, i.e. get professionals to make suggestions about how things can be better managed, but I don't think Holman Barnes are going to be interested.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@jirskyr times like this require boldness. Who deserves to keep their job (in your opinion)?

Did you sign the petition?

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@jirskyr I dont understand how you can say Avo is being extreme ? 
you say the Holman Barnes group won’t be receptive to an external review ? Which I think everyone agrees with when you see the way , Lee stormed out of that dinner , and the way he conducts himself with anyone who questions his position . 
So if we all take that as a given , then Avos take of that we need to sell or fold , can’t really be considered extreme , if the current ownership model / group are perceived or actually are inept . 
Because the very fact they wouldn’t in-act any recommendations , and take on board constructive criticism , including that they aren’t the right person for their job , is the very reason everyone is calling for their heads in the first place . 

And why Avo , and to be honest I’d say most supporters . Can’t see any path forward with this ownership group / exco being apart of the club . 
whoch goes back to the very point of , if they won’t sell , and they won’t change , then we should just fold because what the actual god damn hell are we all doing following these people ? 
Seriously Jirskyr , I don’t understand how you’re not enraged by the feeling of helplessness , which is what avo is expressing , that we all feel . 

LoganR21, Joel Helmes and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Laundy/Dogs has reached out to NRL about topping up Fa"asuamaleaui contract with a 12% share in 1 of his pubs,precedent was set last year with Tripp/Storm 

This is what we are dealing with when trying to land talent

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Laundy/Dogs has reached out to NRL about topping up Fa"asuamaleaui contract with a 12% share in 1 of his pubs,precedent was set last year with Tripp/Storm 

How does that work? Is it like a sign on fee type arrangement? 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

How does that work? Is it like a sign on fee type arrangement? 

I'm not sure mate article was in the Australian the Bulldogs need to request permission from nrl.

seems strange if nrl allow it tbh. 

We should be going to meriton and asking to do same

ReplyQuote
Page 754 / 940
Share: