Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Heard from someone both Fainu's will definitely be at Dolphins and we have missed out. 

Really hope the info was wrong but I doubt it. Our recruitment is an absolute shambles 

Apparently one of the guys from the Westslife Pod spoke to Tartak last week, who basically said he doesn't really believe in the vision/project at the WT. Given the amount of kids we have under his banner, that's (if true) a massive concern. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Heard from someone both Fainu's will definitely be at Dolphins and we have missed out. 

Really hope the info was wrong but I doubt it. Our recruitment is an absolute shambles 

Apparently one of the guys from the Westslife Pod spoke to Tartak last week, who basically said he doesn't really believe in the vision/project at the WT. Given the amount of kids we have under his banner, that's (if true) a massive concern. 

Disappointing and frustrating - also a reflection, I would say, on the reputation of the club among other people in the game.

I fear that we are not yet at rock bottom, but we’re on our way to that point now.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Even worse is that we hired Fulton because of his relationship with Tartak.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry I don’t believe it . From what I’ve heard about tartak , it’s far more likely he’s  being vindictive because we wouldn’t pay his “star” back rower / five eighth 1 mil a year to be a Turn style and piss off his teammates all the time. 
Oh wait once a game when we are down by 20 points he will no look pass it for a try in the corner ….. cool . 
Im not fussed anymore about fainu . We literally have the 2023 aus schoolboys 6 in Galvin , currently rated number 1 in schoolboys footy , heath mason , lightning quick fullback/6 similar from what I’m told to paps at his age . He made the Aus schoolboys as well  
Conti as well made the NSW team  , ( although he’s managed by bwaith ) . And of course the Large brothers …. 
All are halves , want to actually be here , and none carry the absolute baggage that unfortunately the Fainu family carries . 
Of course I’d be happy to sign them , but it’s not doom and gloom to not sign last year schoolboys 6 . We have this years . Who’s better I have no idea . But one wants to actually be here .. so you know there’s that . 

Doug Heffernan, 851, 888 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

also in relation to the above will Latu be playing firsts next year … you’d say probably right ? But more probably much like Olaapu and the kid at the dolphins , he will struggle big time for consistency and taper away big time once the grind of nrl week in week out sets in . 
Now brooks has gone , I would be happy with an old head , peacekeeper half , and as we can’t sign a gun anymore , a reclamation project like Croft might work as well . You never know we could get another Scot Prince there . 
Im no less terrified with that halves partnership , say Croft /Sezer than I am with say Croft/cogger/clifford/ fainu . That’s a hope and pray as much as anyone. 
At least if we shop in the bargain bin we know what we are going to get , whilst we wait for the kids to integrate . 

888 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Even worse is that we hired Fulton because of his relationship with Tartak.

I don't have faith in the westslife podcast unless it is something to do with a Sam Ayoub clients. I do think they have an in there.

If Fulton and Tartak are tight then this should have been relatively straight forward to organise for WT. Tartak would also prefer his clients come to WT because he already has a stable of junior talent at our club.

If either Fainu plays well in U/19 origin on thursday they will attract more interest and jack up their price.

Fairly dumb negotiating 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @snake

@mercy-rule I have been advocating for around 4 yrs there needed to be changes,the Sheens appointment was ludicrous and on top of that the Marshall and Farah assistant roles ! these appointments and there inputs are being reflected on the paddock . Watching this team play is painful the whole side is a very badly coached outfit , everybody wants to blame management and with good reason but don’t lose the fact that these three guys prepare this team each week! I believe that this is a pretty good footy side  but  with no form / shape / fitness / function this is not management this is coaching . Yes Management is garbage and needs changing just do not let the 3 Amigos of the hook they are as much to blame for the team running last !

I totally agree. But, "management" appointed them. There's nothing to suggest that that same "management" won't do other ridiculous things; in fact may have with appointing Fulton!!

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lestronge

@garry I don’t believe it . From what I’ve heard about tartak , it’s far more likely he’s  being vindictive because we wouldn’t pay his “star” back rower / five eighth 1 mil a year to be a Turn style and piss off his teammates all the time. 
Oh wait once a game when we are down by 20 points he will no look pass it for a try in the corner ….. cool . 
Im not fussed anymore about fainu . We literally have the 2023 aus schoolboys 6 in Galvin , currently rated number 1 in schoolboys footy , heath mason , lightning quick fullback/6 similar from what I’m told to paps at his age . He made the Aus schoolboys as well  
Conti as well made the NSW team  , ( although he’s managed by bwaith ) . And of course the Large brothers …. 
All are halves , want to actually be here , and none carry the absolute baggage that unfortunately the Fainu family carries . 
Of course I’d be happy to sign them , but it’s not doom and gloom to not sign last year schoolboys 6 . We have this years . Who’s better I have no idea . But one wants to actually be here .. so you know there’s that . 

Yeah I agree mate. I'm not overly fussed about missing out on signing the young Fainu #6. I don't know much about him but I am sure that Benji does. And I'm sure Benji would not be offering overs which I am also on board with.

Galvin sounds like he could be every bit as good and as you say, is already here! After watching Sione Fainu last weekend, he went quite well but wasn't amazing so while he is good to have coming along by the same token, we probably would not miss him either, were he to leave too.

We are never going to keep all the emerging talent if as good as predicted but we must keep the right ones. Signing young potential from other clubs immediately makes this a more difficult task.

Mike and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Lee and Pascoe have made a large tactical error with their Fulton fumble. They have been exposed as the incompetents that we have long suspected and by their own admission there is no one else to blame but themselves as they did it all behind close doors without consultation. Fulton may be the saviour of this club because his hire leads finally to the sacking of Pascoe and Lee.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @barra

Posted by: @lestronge

Yeah I agree mate. I'm not overly fussed about missing out on signing the young Fainu #6. I don't know much about him but I am sure that Benji does. And I'm sure Benji would not be offering overs which I am also on board with.

Galvin sounds like he could be every bit as good and as you say, is already here! After watching Sione Fainu last weekend, he went quite well but wasn't amazing so while he is good to have coming along by the same token, we probably would not miss him either, were he to leave too.

We are never going to keep all the emerging talent if as good as predicted but we must keep the right ones. Signing young potential from other clubs immediately makes this a more difficult task.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the competence of Marshall as a current and immediate-future NRL coach and recruitment guru. I have no idea what you would base your judgement on. 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Taaffe seen at a cafe with Gus. Not sure where they would play him. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Never fear mate, Chairman Mouth/Pascoe/Board/Fulton are working on their "aggressive recruitment" regime in the background. Can't wait for the names of stars joining WT to start dropping.  

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

I am not a big Taafe fan but as a 7 he is lengths better than Brodie Croft if it came down to Croft or Taafe for 7

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Per the mole 

Apparently we have reached out via a third party to Justin Holbrook

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Per the mole 

Apparently we have reached out via a third party to Justin Holbrook

We’ll have more coaches than players soon.

LoganR21 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 758 / 940
Share: