Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@frullens well said, I have shares in that stadium I am a tax payer in this state .. the usual suspects will be shouting !

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @snake

@frullens well said, I have shares in that stadium I am a tax payer in this state .. the usual suspects will be shouting !

What state tax do you pay? Cigarettes?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @frullens

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Great atmosphere at Commbank today. Lots of loud “Tigers” chants 

If they could 'Tigerise" the joint with digital signage etc, I think it might be the best option. Id prefer Allianz but it just seems to be too detach from our area.

They definitely can customise the branding of the stadium.

I don't see it as parras ground at all - it's the western Sydney stadium.

We just need to go and own it

it is right next to Parramatta leagues club in Parramatta 

it is and always will be parramatta's home ground

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 Stamp duty-land tax-motor vehicle tax-gambling tax- environmental levies-parking levies-business taxes (NSW) of my head 😂

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@jedi-tiger Only in yours and a select fews minds ! You have to do better than that for a reason not to play out of Commbank !

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

If they could 'Tigerise" the joint with digital signage etc, I think it might be the best option. Id prefer Allianz but it just seems to be too detach from our area.

yeah it’s definately a huge obstacle. There is however good heavy rail, metro and light rail access to all our traditional areas. I don’t the club did a great job “tigerising “ the stadium when we played there but I would put a lot of that down to Pascoe’s “attention to detail”. With the right signage, music, themes etc I could see it working. If it comes down to Allianz, Accor or Commbank then it is right behind Allianz in terms of quality and you could make the arguement its proximity tips it over the top.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

yeah it’s definately a huge obstacle. There is however good heavy rail, metro and light rail access to all our traditional areas. I don’t the club did a great job “tigerising “ the stadium when we played there but I would put a lot of that down to Pascoe’s “attention to detail”. With the right signage, music, themes etc I could see it working. If it comes down to Allianz, Accor or Commbank then it is right behind Allianz in terms of quality and you could make the arguement its proximity tips it over the top.

it is a great stadium to watch footy at for sure, I just have a problem with it being in the suburb of a competitor and right next to the club that's all

Accor is not as good to watch footy but in a neutral area of sorts 

Allianz although has Roosters signange, it is not in Bondi or right next door to easts leagues so I can kind of cop Allianz in some respect. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@jedi-tiger Only in yours and a select fews minds ! You have to do better than that for a reason not to play out of Commbank !

it is in a competitor's suburb 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Im a big fan of the current LO & CSS split for where we are right now but can see that in the near future for and because of success, we are going to need to grab one of the other stadia.

Feels like we have gone over and over this a million times, but IMO Homebush is the best geographically but the worst for game day experience and atmosphere. Allianz would be the best for game day experience but worst geographically. Commbank in the goldilocks zone for everything other than proximity to Parra Leagues.

Im coming around to Commbank.

All of us ruminating on this over and over and over again is of course done completely ingorant of any commercial incentives or disincentives from Venues NSW who own all three stadia. We might not even get the choice on that basis and Venue NSW might make it such that commercially it only makes sense to play in the Stadia that they most need/want a tenant.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

“What They Won’t Do Is Play 5 Games There Next Year” | Ready On Leichhardt Oval

There’s good news and bad news for Tigers fans, with Leichhardt potentially scoring some much needed funding for the repairs that the iconic ground so desperately needs – but it’ll come at a cost.

Brent Read revealed on Triple M’s Monday Scrum that the Tigers believe that they’ll secure the necessary funding needed for the upgrades.

“There’s a bit of positive news that they’re making some headway with Leichhardt, it seems they’re now confident they may get some funding to save Leichhardt.” said “I don’t know where it’s coming from but I’m told they’re making some headway.”

However it will come at a cost, with the club looking to reduce the number of games played at the spiritual home of Balmain.

“What they won’t do is play 5 games there next year, it doesn’t matter how much money they’re going to spend on it they’ll reduce the amount of games.”

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

And that site has been the Eels' home ground for 40+ years. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

And that site has been the Eels' home ground for 40+ years. 

many people I speak too, Parra fans, non Parra fans, non football people etc, call Commbank Stadium,  Parramatta Stadium.  To me it certainly feels like Parra’s stadium but I’m biased because I’ve spent a lot of time in Parramatta. Finding a car park nearby is also a problem unless one gets there very early.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I don't get the issue with using Accor as a replacement for LO. I'd prefer it to other options.

I keep reading about the lack of "atmosphere" there. I don't buy that argument. Have a winning team and the fans will create the atmosphere. By all means play some games at CSS with a hope to make that the home ground in the years ahead but, by comparison to what Accor offers right now in terms of standard of facilities, ease of transport etc, CSS is light years behind. 

The place is dead unless you are pushing close to 40k

Rubbish. I’ve been there when just a dozen blokes behind the goal posts has the place rocking. It’s up to the crowd, not the stadium. 

It's not rubbish mate, the place is good for big event games, should not be used at all for events under 30000. A 20000 crowd in a 70 000+ stadium is quite simply laughable and makes the game look second rate. 

If you cannot half fill a stadium then you have no right playing there.

I assume you've been to CSS with a crowd of 6000 ish? That's not half filled but has happened quite a few times in the club's history there, including recent seasons. So, based on your theory, WT should scrap CSS as a genuine home ground option.

And if 20000 at a 70000+ stadium makes the game look second rate, then maybe the two clubs involved are exactly that, by comparison. Maybe those 20000 at Accor enjoy a better experience than at LO and CSS and are more likely to return for more?

Where do you think future home games should be played?

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mike

I don't get the issue with using Accor as a replacement for LO. I'd prefer it to other options.

I keep reading about the lack of "atmosphere" there. I don't buy that argument. Have a winning team and the fans will create the atmosphere. By all means play some games at CSS with a hope to make that the home ground in the years ahead but, by comparison to what Accor offers right now in terms of standard of facilities, ease of transport etc, CSS is light years behind. 

The place is dead unless you are pushing close to 40k

Rubbish. I’ve been there when just a dozen blokes behind the goal posts has the place rocking. It’s up to the crowd, not the stadium. 

It's not rubbish mate, the place is good for big event games, should not be used at all for events under 30000. A 20000 crowd in a 70 000+ stadium is quite simply laughable and makes the game look second rate. 

If you cannot half fill a stadium then you have no right playing there.

I assume you've been to CSS with a crowd of 6000 ish? That's not half filled but has happened quite a few times in the club's history there, including recent seasons. So, based on your theory, WT should scrap CSS as a genuine home ground option.

And if 20000 at a 70000+ stadium makes the game look second rate, then maybe the two clubs involved are exactly that, by comparison. Maybe those 20000 at Accor enjoy a better experience than at LO and CSS and are more likely to return for more?

Where do you think future home games should be played?

Without significant upgrades in capacity at CSS and LO then I think we should be playing at CommBank. Commbank is the appropriate size for our club at the moment.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 126 / 131
Share: