Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

What’s the point of this discussion? 

Everyone agrees both Leichhardt and Campbelltown have a really good atmosphere when really healthy crowds are in attendance and the side is competitive and winning.

Does that same size crowd at Accor feel the same? No, of course not. 

But, I think the proponents of really growing the club are thinking our potentiality is 25,000+ crowds that will then also produce a really positive atmosphere.

You can be a band that plays in small and intimate venues, but those bands aren’t often considered the best/most popular/or most commercially appealing. 

The Leichhardt advocates want the Beatles to stay in the Cavern Club so they only have to share the fab 4 with 200 people. If they had stayed there the Beatles would have never conquered the world.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @mike

Yeah having 50000 empty seats makes the game look great and makes no difference to the atmosphere, to state otherwise is a dishonest argument.

You can say that you don't care about empty seats and the reduction in atmosphere, but to deny it's a factor ruins your argument.

There is no reduction in atmosphere, that’s your bias. The place has great atmosphere with a buzzing crowd. Usually when we are winning, it’s quiet when we are not, just like every other ground we play at. 

Yeah 16000 at Accor has just as good an atmosphere as LO with 16000.

It definitely is, better even, with better facilities.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

There were 50k empty seats at Homebush on Good Friday, and it was a pretty good atmosphere out there. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Commbank just declared a sellout. If true this will be the largest cumulative crowd for a round in NRL history.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @helmesy

What’s the point of this discussion? 

Everyone agrees both Leichhardt and Campbelltown have a really good atmosphere when really healthy crowds are in attendance and the side is competitive and winning.

Does that same size crowd at Accor feel the same? No, of course not. 

But, I think the proponents of really growing the club are thinking our potentiality is 25,000+ crowds that will then also produce a really positive atmosphere.

You can be a band that plays in small and intimate venues, but those bands aren’t often considered the best/most popular/or most commercially appealing. 

The Leichhardt advocates want the Beatles to stay in the Cavern Club so they only have to share the fab 4 with 200 people. If they had stayed there the Beatles would have never conquered the world.

If a band is 1/4 filling it's venue then it won't be around very long so that is a terrible comparison.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Yeah having 50000 empty seats makes the game look great and makes no difference to the atmosphere, to state otherwise is a dishonest argument.

You can say that you don't care about empty seats and the reduction in atmosphere, but to deny it's a factor ruins your argument.

There is no reduction in atmosphere, that’s your bias. The place has great atmosphere with a buzzing crowd. Usually when we are winning, it’s quiet when we are not, just like every other ground we play at. 

That is bias rubbish, trying to say 16k atmosphere at Accor is better than 16k at LO.

I understand the argument if trying to grow crowd figures and better facilities. There is no need to make rubbish up.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

That is bias rubbish, trying to say 16k atmosphere at Accor is better than 16k at LO.

I understand the argument if trying to grow crowd figures and better facilities. There is no need to make rubbish up.

Not making it up at all. If we are winning the crowd and atmosphere is buzzing. If we are playing poorly the atmosphere is poor, same as every other ground. It’s nonsense to say the big stadiums lack atmosphere, that’s up to the crowd and usually depends on how well the team is performing. The big stadiums are fantastic places to play at and to watch and enjoy a day at the footy. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Not making it up at all. If we are winning the crowd and atmosphere is buzzing. If we are playing poorly the atmosphere is poor, same as every other ground. It’s nonsense to say the big stadiums lack atmosphere, that’s up to the crowd and usually depends on how well the team is performing. The big stadiums are fantastic places to play at and to watch and enjoy a day at the footy. 

Disagree completely. Accor is the worst place I have ever watched a game of footy, even in games we have won. It would be my last preference for a homeground, though I suspect it will be the decision and I will still attend games there.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Disagree completely. Accor is the worst place I have ever watched a game of footy, even in games we have won. It would be my last preference for a homeground, though I suspect it will be the decision and I will still attend games there.

It’s one of the best places, only recently beaten by the new SFS. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Great atmosphere at Commbank today. Lots of loud “Tigers” chants 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

If we keep playing like this all year then next year add Laui -  we will fill Commbank each week 

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

If they could 'Tigerise" the joint with digital signage etc, I think it might be the best option. Id prefer Allianz but it just seems to be too detach from our area.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

If they could 'Tigerise" the joint with digital signage etc, I think it might be the best option. Id prefer Allianz but it just seems to be too detach from our area.

They definitely can customise the branding of the stadium.

I don't see it as parras ground at all - it's the western Sydney stadium.

We just need to go and own it

Top 8 2023

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @frullens

Posted by: @tiger5150

They definitely can customise the branding of the stadium.

I don't see it as parras ground at all - it's the western Sydney stadium.

We just need to go and own it

Today was a good start. Sounded like good support.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigertownsfs Hold the fort Tigers supporters hate Commbank … this ground ticks all the boxes  . I know for a fact that there are heaps of Tigers supporters in the Hills district , in a few months they can get light rail to the door of the stadium . For 25 yrs the club has bowed to fans that only have self interest ! The crap about having a club next door is nothing but garbage 95% of supporters go to the ground and leave , finally there is a leader in the club that has vision for the future . CommBank has always been my first !

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 125 / 131
Share: