Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Brent Read hinting on 360 now tigers will only play 1 or 2 games at LO/CSS and spoke glowingly of Commbank. Apparently something like 2300 corporate seats at Commbank vs 300 at LO. 

Note that Brent read is close mates with Richo from the old QLD days.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@garry Fair enough

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Brent read again mentioning Commbank stadium today:

The club currently plays the majority of their home grounds out of Leichhardt Oval and Campbelltown Stadium but there are concerns over the future of both given Leichhardt Oval is in serious need to investment and the club can make much more money playing out of a modern ground such as CommBank Stadium.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigertownsfs Commbank would be busy  the Panthers playing there for two seasons while the stadium being built.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Richo: 

The club has been liaising with key stakeholders – the NRL, Venues NSW and Leichhardt and Campbelltown councils – with a view to finalising a three-year stadium plan.

“We will be basing our tickets around three venues, a two-plus-one sort of thing,” Richardson said.

“My point about Leichhardt is not that we don’t want to play there; the point is we can’t play that number of games while those [outdated] facilities are there.

“At this stage, there is no likelihood of upgrading those facilities, while at Campbelltown there is a likelihood of upgrading the facilities.”

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Sounds like we are back to 3 grounds next year but perhaps it’s more heavily weighted to a modern stadium like Commbank. So 8-2-2 or something. He actually says 2 plus 1 so maybe it’s Commbank CSS  LO 5-5-2. 

sounds like we are going back to a mess.

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

An 8-2-2 split seems a workable compromise in the interim until the funding issue gets sorted.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

An 8-2-2 split seems a workable compromise in the interim until the funding issue gets sorted.

Yep, it’s essentially saying to Leichhardt and Campbelltown that we’re here and want to be here but we need some action as we have an option elsewhere.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Interesting comment about “two plus one”. Implies they might treat CSS and a more modern stadium (there has been talk of Commbank but not Accor) as equal and then LO as minor. If they were smart they would give members the ability to purchase  “back to Leichhardt” tickets well before the public. I wouldn’t be surprised if they also trim LO capacity until an upgrade is provided.  

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I am not to disappointed if they go to a 

assuming we host Magic Round again

11 games

Accor/ Commbank 8

CSS 2

LO 1

Allow the option for 

Full membership

CSS membership only

LO membership only

CSS & LO membership only 

it makes the options for members to be able to choose the ground that suits them 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

@jedi-tiger I personally don’t want 1 game members.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I think it is what is convenient for members, some may not be able to go to commbank or CSS or likewise live at Campbelltown and not be able to travel to LO

I think if Richo is all about membership offerings you cant restrict that offering. 

Some may enjoy CSS or LO and want to load up and pay a premium for seats at that ground, others might be like well I can buy my LO and CSS membership for 3 games and take my chances with getting a walk up ticket at commbank

it might make the CSS and LO tickets a real "event" and as rare as rocking horse poo, it does not have to be an all or nothing approach  

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I am not to disappointed if they go to a 

assuming we host Magic Round again

11 games

Accor/ Commbank 8

CSS 2

LO 1

Allow the option for 

Full membership

CSS membership only

LO membership only

CSS & LO membership only 

it makes the options for members to be able to choose the ground that suits them 

I’ve been thinking this is the way they should go for a while now. It’s the best way to grow the club imo 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I think it is what is convenient for members, some may not be able to go to commbank or CSS or likewise live at Campbelltown and not be able to travel to LO

I think if Richo is all about membership offerings you cant restrict that offering. 

Some may enjoy CSS or LO and want to load up and pay a premium for seats at that ground, others might be like well I can buy my LO and CSS membership for 3 games and take my chances with getting a walk up ticket at commbank

it might make the CSS and LO tickets a real "event" and as rare as rocking horse poo, it does not have to be an all or nothing approach  

I just really want our fan base to all get in the one stadium. The more opportunity we have for balkanisation the more we perpetuate the existing issues with our fan base

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I just really want our fan base to all get in the one stadium. The more opportunity we have for balkanisation the more we perpetuate the existing issues with our fan base

I get it can be frustrating but we are a joint venture from 2 areas so we are a bit unique, St Merge play some at kogarah and some at Wollongong. We are spread over a big area which makes it difficult 

ReplyQuote
Page 127 / 131
Share: