Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

The Cheikai information is interesting especially since just a day ago Mark O’Neill was about to be signed off. The decision making process seems really disjointed across the organisation. 

or…….the media is making it up on the run

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

The Cheikai information is interesting especially since just a day ago Mark O’Neill was about to be signed off. The decision making process seems really disjointed across the organisation. 

or…….the media is making it up on the run

Id say they are getting info from somewhere….

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Posted by: @851

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@851 what a ridiculous comment. Expect more from you.

Why, no matter what the club does, there are those who just keep complaining and sticking the boot in, it gets a bit much having to keep seeing it over and over again. It's like they take pleasure in the club losing so they can keep complaining about every move the club makes. The club make some dumb moves, but they have to try something, how about everyone just waits to see how it goes before unloading

Well, it's a forum and people express opinions. But it's a big call to expect it to run the way to suit @851 just as it is to expect me to only ever read things I agree with. None of us know anymore than anyone else. So, I won't be waiting for @851 to grant me permission to unload.

I never said you need my permission, but you are exactly what I was talking about, I don't need to keep reading the diatribe on every decision the club makes, I am checking out

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Manly punt Kelma Tuilagi off to Parra. Makes me happy for some reason. ill enjoy Parra having him.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Bulldogs emerge as favourite to sign Alex Twal after coffee shop meeting with Cameron Ciraldo

By The Mole
an hour ago

The Bulldogs have emerged as favourites to sign Wests Tigers cult hero Alex Twal.

Twal, who is under contract to the Tigers for 2024 but has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs, was spotted in a Sydney coffee shop with his manager and Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo on Tuesday.

Manly and several other clubs have shown interest in Twal but the Bulldogs look the best fit for the 27-year-old prop who played some of his best football in 2023, despite the Tigers' wretched season as they claimed their second straight wooden spoon.

The tall prop is the Tigers' longest-serving player after winger David Nofoaluma and was the talk of Tiger-town when he broke a 116-game drought to score his maiden try during the season.

A handy middle forward, Twal has a good motor, is a solid defender and possesses a smart offload.

The Tigers' move to let the Lebanese international move on is another baffling decision as they attempt a new beginning under Benji Marshall in 2024.

The Tigers have plenty of youngsters in their side and Twal is a model citizen who is looked up to by the rookie Tiger cubs.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@avocadoontoast strange comment in that article about Twal’s offload. He made 14 all year

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

From the perspective of young forwards learning off more experienced, professional players I think Offa and Twal will be hard to replace. I’m hopeful Scott Fulton has experienced replacements currently putting pen to paper 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

We’re apparently negotiating with Charlie Staines for 2024.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

Finally... he was clearly one of our best options on the wing.

I hope he decides to stay, because I doubt he'd be short of an offer.

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@the-last-ronin that reads like a backhanded compliment “smart offload” ie. too afraid to offload . 
So many times this year I was screaming for him to push the pass , only for him to die on it . 
But beggars can’t be choosers and he’s way more politic with it than any other time in his career . By his standards anyway.

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tigersteve

From the perspective of young forwards learning off more experienced, professional players I think Offa and Twal will be hard to replace. I’m hopeful Scott Fulton has experienced replacements currently putting pen to paper 

Api

Klemmer

IP

Bateman?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tiger_alex

Posted by: @helmesy

Finally... he was clearly one of our best options on the wing.

I hope he decides to stay, because I doubt he'd be short of an offer.

Agreed. Not a worldbeater but in the top 2 wingers in the club and seems to really have the right character for this club in its current state. it would be a great endorsement for the rebuild if he stayed.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @enumerator

What a stupid club we have, Which idiot manager lets this clubman go.

One of the few players that turns up every week, 

This is precisely why we have the worst culture in the NRL and deserve these Wooden spoons

More to the point what club "leadership", other than stupid (i.e. WT), would have signed Sheens and his lackeys, promoted Heighington to assistant coach and, are seemingly now offering a return to Mark O'Neill as GM of football?

All while banking on the coaching genius of Marshall, who at least, conspired with Sheens to deliver us a second wooden spoon?

Nothing should ever surprise any of us with what this club dishes up. Sorry @851 but I assume you won't be reading this.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@mercy-rule can you give it a rest . Seriously …. You’re drawing such a long bow between sheens’ hiring and letting twal go. 
Id love to keep him . But not for 500k . He offers consistency . And dependability. 
But Fainu could be anything , he’s a big strong beast of a kid . Matamua , has ball skills and needs to find his mongrel , but he needs to find it in first grade . 
Pole finds his front and as the season went on his Carrie’s lack a bit of punch , his defence was generally tight and he made good decisions . He has a big motor . 
Seyfarth offers that dependability for half the price . 
The big complaint this year (far less than the last few)  , was whilst our pack was strong it was very similar in regard to player types . 
And twal is a ball stopper . He is ! Especially in the red zone . Same with Klemmer actually . 
when we run that settler crash ball to compress the defence , most teams run it with a guy who can get an arm free , which is why when we do it with blore , it can look dangerous . Twal just dies with ball . 
I rate him , but he’s 28 , he never really developed . He just didn’t . There’s absolutely no dynamism to his play . And as  I said every team needs those players , no doubt , but we have 4 of them named in the 22 week in , week out . 
We need to look at different types of players . 
It’s funny because , if we could somehow put Leilua in a Time Machine and sign him this year , he’d be exactly what we would need . 
But twal , I’m not that fussed about when you look at it holistically . And it’s not disloyal to say this IMO.
Joffa , by the way I was all for letting go , but I clearly had no idea to the influence he had around the playing group and how much presence he had , despite his actual on field output not matching this . 

Joel Helmes and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

A handy middle forward, Twal has a good motor, is a solid defender and possesses a smart offload.

The Tigers have plenty of youngsters in their side and Twal is a model citizen who is looked up to by the rookie Tiger cubs.

with quotes like these it seems pretty likely this article has been written by Twal's manager who is trying to get his name out there to source him a new deal.

There was a similar one that popped up 10 days ago that spoke in glowing terms about Alex Seyfarth's "high work rate."

If Twal is in the last year of his contract in 2024 then I have no problem with him being told to earn a new deal.

This post was modified 7 months ago by MickeyB

ReplyQuote
Page 844 / 933
Share: