Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @snake

Heighington as assistant coach LOL  ! Now three coaches with no coaching experience this club just keeps on giving .. Morris to be head coach by mid next season , Benji has surrounded himself with mates not experienced assistants he deserves everything that’s coming 😂😂😂

Surely not that is ridiculous. Who else from 05 is looking for a gig? 

In the previous 5/6 seasons we have had no former west’s tigers players on the coaching staff to my knowledge how did those seasons end. What’s wrong with bringing in former premiership winning players with the club. We have gone down the path of trying former premiership coaches assistants from outside of the club and still not made finals 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I feel a bit sorry for Morris. A 4 person coaching team and he’s the only one with proper coaching experience. Should have brought in someone much better than Heighington.

ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

My thoughts are their is more change to come and Robbie will move into a head office role (not football manager) and someone like Craig Sandercock will come in. As for Hieghno he was already at the club in a role described on the Tigers website for this year as NRL Assistant/Pathways Performance. Also he has extensive coaching experience across sports High performance even while he was playing - its a lot less jobs for the boys then Benji or Robbie was. Also everything I have ever heard was about him being the ultimate professional - our forwards def need to learn off that. Think its a great appointment just don't think it will be the last one

851 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @dirty-reds

I love Heighno but this is ridiculous 

If true, it's totally ridiculous and yet more backward looking decision making by the Club. Yet another ex-player (and in Heighno's case, of limited ability) being promoted beyond his competence or skill level. I bet the managers of Stef and Ice (and maybe others) are just waiting to activate any get-out clauses they have in their favour once this all goes pear-shaped in 2024.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @yanni

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Heighington as assistant coach LOL  ! Now three coaches with no coaching experience this club just keeps on giving .. Morris to be head coach by mid next season , Benji has surrounded himself with mates not experienced assistants he deserves everything that’s coming 😂😂😂

Surely not that is ridiculous. Who else from 05 is looking for a gig? 

In the previous 5/6 seasons we have had no former west’s tigers players on the coaching staff to my knowledge how did those seasons end. What’s wrong with bringing in former premiership winning players with the club. We have gone down the path of trying former premiership coaches assistants from outside of the club and still not made finals 

If all this is correct next year we are going to have: 

Benji - No Experience as a coach at any level outside of assistant coach last year. 

Heighington - a trainer who’s been promoted. No experience coaching. Has he even completed his qualifications? 

Farah - 1 year as an assistant coach. Has stated it’s not his long term plan. 

Morris - highly experienced assistant and did well as head coach of the sharks. 

That sounds like we are just throwing the keys to the kids and saying here you go see if you can get lightning to strike twice. 

Mercy Rule and Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@the-last-ronin Benjis tenure as coach is going to be short lived it’s been set up to fail  , Morris has been brought to the club as a head coach that’s my prediction for next season … anyone that wants to waste there hard earned on memberships have a look at the coaching structure that’s been presented don’t waste your money .

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@avocadoontoast Morris will be head coach sooner than later ! Imagine going to work every day knowing you know more about coaching than the head coach and his band of hangers on , it’s a bit embarrassing that a club could let this happen.

This post was modified 8 months ago by Snake

ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

Also calling out that Heighno has been running his own High Performance coaching business across a variety of sports for 9 years. He has more experience in coaching then either Robbie or Benji. 

Firstly, tell us about your sports performance business and why you launched it?

I formed Chris Heighington Sports Performance (CHSP) in 2013, while I was still playing professional rugby league, helping world-class surfers Matt Wilkinson, Tyler Wright and Caleb Tancred with their strength and conditioning. Since my retirement in 2018 from professional rugby league, I’ve been working with beginners, emerging and established athletes covering a range of sports such as rugby league, surfing, cricket, soccer and skateboarding, as well as running school holiday clinics and academies here on the Central Coast. I am also involved with Terrigal High School’s targeted sports program.

This post was modified 8 months ago by Boonboon

hsvjones and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @boonboon

Also calling out that Heighno has been running his own High Performance coaching business across a variety of sports for 9 years. He has more experience in coaching then either Robbie or Benji. 

Firstly, tell us about your sports performance business and why you launched it?

I formed Chris Heighington Sports Performance (CHSP) in 2013, while I was still playing professional rugby league, helping world-class surfers Matt Wilkinson, Tyler Wright and Caleb Tancred with their strength and conditioning. Since my retirement in 2018 from professional rugby league, I’ve been working with beginners, emerging and established athletes covering a range of sports such as rugby league, surfing, cricket, soccer and skateboarding, as well as running school holiday clinics and academies here on the Central Coast. I am also involved with Terrigal High School’s targeted sports program.

Running school holiday clinics and working with a few people across a multitude of sports like skateboarding is a long way short of what we should be looking for as an assistant coach.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast Morris will be head coach sooner than later ! Imagine going to work every day knowing you know more about coaching than the head coach and his band of hangers on , it’s a bit embarrassing that a club could let this happen.

He should be head coach now imo

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Mate you are wasting your time with facts here, too many people have hopped on the FOX Tele bandwagon and are sticking the boot in, I say to all of them, just leave and support another team, and leave us supporters in peace

Boonboon reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@851 what a ridiculous comment. Expect more from you.

Boonboon reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

If we are going with Benji at head coach - I think we need to back him in 100% and let him choose who he wants around him. No one should think Benji would do things the conventional style.

He had an experienced and respected assistant in Furner that he moved on. So obviously looking for something different.

If he has a team that he fully trusts and are all on the same page - it may bring something completely different that players but into 

Top 8 2023

851, Yanni and The Last Ronin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@frullens Maybe the club should answer the question why Furner moved on ! Defence was much improved this year but obviously not enough for someone that has no coaching experience.

Mercy Rule reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

thanks for sharing. I was unaware of this and it helps make the appointment make sense. I am still worried that we have gone all in on a high risk coaching structure 

ReplyQuote
Page 841 / 933
Share: