Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @westy81

@mercy-rule I think he is pretty well liked behind the scenes, like brooks was loved by everyone at the club, squad and staff running the club

And, I think he should be pretty well liked. What do you think?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @helmesy

The developing feud between the Tigers and Manly just went up a level.

The Sea Eagles have signed Aitasi James, a boom young lock who played five NRLgames for the Tigers last season.

A tough 22-year-old, James handled the elevation well in a team that struggled to win games and should appreciate playing in the strong Manly pack in 2024.

There has been little love lost between the clubs since recruitment guru Scott Fulton switched camps earlier this year and then the Tigers pinched Manly's promising Fainu brothers.

This latest incident will only add fuel to the fire.

The Mole

There are others I would have let go before James. I think he could develop into a good one

Agree. Good leg speed, not a plodder for once..

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

The developing feud between the Tigers and Manly just went up a level.

The Sea Eagles have signed Aitasi James, a boom young lock who played five NRLgames for the Tigers last season.

A tough 22-year-old, James handled the elevation well in a team that struggled to win games and should appreciate playing in the strong Manly pack in 2024.

There has been little love lost between the clubs since recruitment guru Scott Fulton switched camps earlier this year and then the Tigers pinched Manly's promising Fainu brothers.

This latest incident will only add fuel to the fire.

The Mole

There are others I would have let go before James. I think he could develop into a good one

Agree. Good leg speed, not a plodder for once..

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Facebook rumour - Aaron Woods coming home 🐅 

Oh (insert rude word of choice) off Sharon.

ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

@mercy-rule so are we now giving all the credit or blame to assistant coaches if a team wins a premiership or finish bottom.

He’s time as head coach has only just begun that’s the reality. But mercy as you know as tigers supporters we have been living in the the land of hope for a long time now. And I am hoping Marshall is the one to turn it around i for one am prepared to judge him end of season. I do believe we both want the same thing for the club to get lts act together and a club we can be proud of 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

If Woods comes anywhere near this place,I cannot be held accountable for my actions...........What is this place an Aveo Retirement Village??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The Frog

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Heighington as assistant coach LOL  ! Now three coaches with no coaching experience this club just keeps on giving .. Morris to be head coach by mid next season , Benji has surrounded himself with mates not experienced assistants he deserves everything that’s coming 😂😂😂

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Heighno is involved in S&C rather than actually coaching isn't he?

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@dirty-reds Has been promoted apparently in Paper just now !

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @snake

Heighington as assistant coach LOL  ! Now three coaches with no coaching experience this club just keeps on giving .. Morris to be head coach by mid next season , Benji has surrounded himself with mates not experienced assistants he deserves everything that’s coming 😂😂😂

Surely not that is ridiculous. Who else from 05 is looking for a gig? 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

NRL 2023: Chris Heighington to join Benji Marshall’s Wests Tigers coaching team | What’s the Buzz

Former Wests Tigers forward Chris Heighington is the latest player from their premiership-winning side of 2005 to reunite with Benji Marshall on his coaching staff next year.

Phil Rothfield

Phil Rothfield

@BuzzRothfield

4 min read

September 16, 2023 - 8:00PM

News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

NRL: The Wests Tigers have slumped to their second straight wooden spoon, getting flogged by Manly at 4 Pines Park.

Premiership-winning forward Chris Heighington has been promoted to join Benji Marshall’s Wests Tigers coaching staff to replace David Furner, who parted company with the club last week.

Heighington played 338 games over 16 seasons, winning premierships at the Wests Tigers in 2005 and at the Cronulla Sharks in 2016, always renowned for his outstanding work ethic.

He has worked part time at the Wests Tigers for several years before being elevated last week into a full-time assistant coaching role in which he will be in charge of the middle forwards.

“Chris is a quality human, hardworking, loyal, loves the club and the players respect him,” said CEO Justin Pascoe.

Heighington will join old teammates John Morris and Robbie Farah as the three assistants under Marshall.

He refers back to his career at the Cronulla Sharks where they went from last in 2014 to a title in 2016 as proof that not all rebuilds take forever.

“Obviously the season we’ve had wasn’t up to scratch,” he said. “But I’m a big believer in that every team’s a chance.

Chris Heighington (left) has been promoted to Benji Marshall’s Wests Tigers coaching staff for 2024. Picture: Gregg Porteous

Chris Heighington (left) has been promoted to Benji Marshall’s Wests Tigers coaching staff for 2024. Picture: Gregg Porteous

“At the Sharks we got the wooden spoon in 2014, made the semis the next year and then won the comp. It’s a process. Improvement game after game. You can turn yourselves around quickly.

“My biggest asset is probably working one-on-one with players and trying to create a better person and better player.”

Heighington is loving the prospect of working alongside his ex-Wests Tigers teammates.

“Benji’s unreal,” he said. “He’s going to be an unbelievable coach over a long period of time.

“Robbie’s footy knowledge is next level. And Johnny Morris has had heaps of experience. Plus we’ve all learnt a lot from Tim Sheens over the years.”

His role with the middle forwards will include overseeing the further development of Origin prop Stefano Utoikamanu and other emerging forwards.

“We’ve just got to work really hard to get the place ready to win footy games,” he said.

“I played a lot of footy and I know what success looks like.

“You need to work hard, believe in one and other and have a good culture.”

Top 8 2023

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @frullens

NRL 2023: Chris Heighington to join Benji Marshall’s Wests Tigers coaching team | What’s the Buzz

Former Wests Tigers forward Chris Heighington is the latest player from their premiership-winning side of 2005 to reunite with Benji Marshall on his coaching staff next year.

Phil Rothfield

Phil Rothfield

@BuzzRothfield

4 min read

September 16, 2023 - 8:00PM

News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

NRL: The Wests Tigers have slumped to their second straight wooden spoon, getting flogged by Manly at 4 Pines Park.

Premiership-winning forward Chris Heighington has been promoted to join Benji Marshall’s Wests Tigers coaching staff to replace David Furner, who parted company with the club last week.

Heighington played 338 games over 16 seasons, winning premierships at the Wests Tigers in 2005 and at the Cronulla Sharks in 2016, always renowned for his outstanding work ethic.

He has worked part time at the Wests Tigers for several years before being elevated last week into a full-time assistant coaching role in which he will be in charge of the middle forwards.

“Chris is a quality human, hardworking, loyal, loves the club and the players respect him,” said CEO Justin Pascoe.

Heighington will join old teammates John Morris and Robbie Farah as the three assistants under Marshall.

He refers back to his career at the Cronulla Sharks where they went from last in 2014 to a title in 2016 as proof that not all rebuilds take forever.

“Obviously the season we’ve had wasn’t up to scratch,” he said. “But I’m a big believer in that every team’s a chance.

“At the Sharks we got the wooden spoon in 2014, made the semis the next year and then won the comp. It’s a process. Improvement game after game. You can turn yourselves around quickly.

“My biggest asset is probably working one-on-one with players and trying to create a better person and better player.”

Heighington is loving the prospect of working alongside his ex-Wests Tigers teammates.

“Benji’s unreal,” he said. “He’s going to be an unbelievable coach over a long period of time.

“Robbie’s footy knowledge is next level. And Johnny Morris has had heaps of experience. Plus we’ve all learnt a lot from Tim Sheens over the years.”

His role with the middle forwards will include overseeing the further development of Origin prop Stefano Utoikamanu and other emerging forwards.

“We’ve just got to work really hard to get the place ready to win footy games,” he said.

“I played a lot of footy and I know what success looks like.

“You need to work hard, believe in one and other and have a good culture.”

I am so sick of this "we need to work hard and have a good culture" rubbish we have heard for 12 years. Im sure over the last 12 years we ahve worked hard and at times we had a good culture. We need to do things better. Better players, better structures, better skills.

We are not going to "work" our way out of this.

Snake, TigerSteve, Dirty Reds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 You forgot one BETTER COACHES !

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

I love Heighno but this is ridiculous 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

I am so sick of this "we need to work hard and have a good culture" rubbish we have heard for 12 years. Im sure over the last 12 years we ahve worked hard and at times we had a good culture. We need to do things better. Better players, better structures, better skills.

We are not going to "work" our way out of this.

I agree however Heighington has also won two premierships so he does know a thing or two about what it takes to win. 

I’m not unhappy with the appointment. 

hsvjones and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 840 / 1067
Share: