Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@mercy-rule Not based on either. I just don't think either of them are very good and if we're looking to get off the bottom of the table neither of those guys (imo) are going to help with that.

Agree with this. James and Seyfarth and squad players at best. For most clubs they would be 3rd stringers. We need to be aiming much higher 

Sure, but where's the evidence that the club will secure someone "much higher". You can aim all you like, but if you're firing blanks (in terms of credibility) then that won't be enough. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

SMH reporting Manly looking at Twal, and we're looking at Keppie.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @snake

@doug-heffernan There obviously is a plan moving forward … Twal is reliable but realistically an above average plodder . The squad needs renewing the players at present have  won two spoons in succession.. new blood needs to be brought in and Benji obviously has realised this at last !

Good grief, that's all based on the assumption that Marshall knows how to coach and build a squad. Evidence for that ....? Precious little to date. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

Facebook rumour - Aaron Woods coming home 🐅 

Please no. He offers nothing on and off the field and only serves to upset the fan base 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@mercy-rule Not based on either. I just don't think either of them are very good and if we're looking to get off the bottom of the table neither of those guys (imo) are going to help with that.

Agree with this. James and Seyfarth and squad players at best. For most clubs they would be 3rd stringers. We need to be aiming much higher 

Sure, but where's the evidence that the club will secure someone "much higher". You can aim all you like, but if you're firing blanks (in terms of credibility) then that won't be enough. 

Well if you aim for someone better and miss it’s easy to replace players like James and Seyfarth with like for like replacements. If you’re not aiming higher regardless of the out come you don’t lose any credibility 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Well if you aim for someone better and miss it’s easy to replace players like James and Seyfarth with like for like replacements. If you’re not aiming higher regardless of the out come you don’t lose any credibility 

And, at a struggling club like WT you'll have to pay "overs" for a similar standard replacement. I haven't seen enough of James to be confident one way or another, but I thought Seyfarth showed some solid development in 2023. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

I'd be sad to lose Twal, but Keppie would be a good replacement... 2years younger & I've always like how hard he hits in defence, plus a little bigger body so might have a little more impact with ball in hand.

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tiger_alex

I'd be sad to lose Twal, but Keppie would be a good replacement... 2years younger & I've always like how hard he hits in defence, plus a little bigger body so might have a little more impact with ball in hand.

I like Keppie too, but he'll drive our supporters insane with his ill-discipline 

ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

@mercy-rule I’m not sure if Benj can coach we’re about to find out but if he can’t it’s no worse than the last 2 former premiership

winning coaches. As for building a squad he’s already proving that he knows what’s required by letting go of players that helped win 2 spoons. After 2 spoons we need change more power to him 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

DT reporting Seyfarth re-signs for 2 years.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Not super exciting but if for the right money he does a job and does seem to be on the improve.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger5150 I respectfully disagree with you. He's not up to first grade and never will be. He's had plenty of time to prove himself and make a positive contribution. We've won two wooden spoons in succession so its reasonable to conclude that without upgrading the playing roster we'll stay at the bottom.

I cant see the improvement you speak of. I see him blocking the path of the likes of Justin Matamua who we are yet to see enough of.

I doubt there'd be a forward in the history of the NRL who has played more than games and run for less metres per carry.

Why 2 years?

Yanni and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @yanni

@mercy-rule I’m not sure if Benj can coach we’re about to find out but if he can’t it’s no worse than the last 2 former premiership

winning coaches. As for building a squad he’s already proving that he knows what’s required by letting go of players that helped win 2 spoons. After 2 spoons we need change more power to him 

Well, Marshall himself helped win one spoon (2023), aided and abetted by the arrogant incompetence and power grab of Sheens in 2022/23. As for him proving he knows what's required .... well, I think you're letting hope get in the way of reality. But, I also agree with all power to him. Lord knows we need something better than 2 consecutive wooden spoons. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If true, that's terrific news. IMO

ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@mercy-rule I think he is pretty well liked behind the scenes, like brooks was loved by everyone at the club, squad and staff running the club

ReplyQuote
Page 839 / 942
Share: