Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @loganr21

Yes all or most of this is true…. That’s why this organisation has to relocate and reboot. It’s the only option!!

IT’S BROKEN 

Firstly please don't volunteer my club to be moved out of Sydney.

But secondly, relocate where? For any talk of a reboot, are fans then just going to ignore the struggles of a club in a new geography? It's not so straightforward as moving and rebooting with all the stuff you brought with you. You'll also reboot a significant number of existing fans and members, put a spear through almost all of your existing marketing and sponsorship strategy / portfolio.

Imagine if Tigers moved to Perth and suddenly our 20K members in NSW have no reason to sign up for tickets, no realistic ability to travel repeatedly to Perth to watch matches, and you now have to find 20K replacement members in Perth. But those folks are not rusted-on, they are bandwagon and partial-interest folks who will disappear within a few seasons if the club does not find rapid success. 

And the budget and travel/fitness impact having to fly the team back and forth across the country and through time zones.

Almost all rugby league expansions have either failed or taken decades to bear fruit. Probably true of any code in Australia. And you want to take a team that's no played finals in 10 years, where there is almost no goodwill left in the fanbase, and ask them to cling on for another decade of struggling in a new geography.

Garry, 851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Forever 9th
(@forever-9th)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@jirskyr Campbelltown might be a good location. Already have a stadium, club, transport, members and fans, and one of the biggest junior bases. But sadly no team.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

@forever-9th So the answer is ,we move somewhere and we start winning. Wow,I wish I thought of that. How come the Club hasnt thought of it? I know, its because Wests Ashfield owns us not Wests Lumeah: Cambelltown crowds have been poor for years:The Centre of Excellence is not at Cambelltown; The new Balmain Leagues Club wont be at Cambelltown; Wests Ashfield is at Ashfield not Lumeah and finally who's going to fund the move? Errr no one!

Incredulous Frog

PS: Have the owners of this august website thought about applying a minimum IQ for posters. Could be a good idea.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

IMHO the issue with our club is the ownership. Change ownership and you have a chance to truly change the culture and performance. Whether I could support a transplanted Tigers franchise in Perth? Probably. Much more my preference would be for Ashfield to sell its ownership to a consortium that was 💯 focused on success at the NRL level

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @851

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Our pack did a great job in the first half of the year and if we had halves to finish what the chances they were given we would have had a few more wins and the pack wouldn’t be so tired now. 

New halves next year hopefully prove the difference. A few of the young guys should be better for the experience this year 

That is my take on this year as well, the forwards must of just got sick of the halves squandering all their hard work, it's probably a subconscious thing to taper off, rather than an  effort thing after watching a year of the halves bumbling around in the red zone

all Brooks fault lol

Basically it has been a long year hopefully less injuries next year and we might finish up the ladder a bit if we can give Sullivan and Fainu some time together in the halves in 2024. 

Any truth to the rumour Olakuatu to Tigers in 2025 and Papali back to Parramatta in 2025 ?

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

IMHO the issue with our club is the ownership. Change ownership and you have a chance to truly change the culture and performance. Whether I could support a transplanted Tigers franchise in Perth? Probably. Much more my preference would be for Ashfield to sell its ownership to a consortium that was 💯 focused on success at the NRL level

I agree completely with you regarding ownership. Ultimately the Tigers are a pretty small part of Holman Barnes, and the board is made up of people who like being on a board rather than actually doing anything to create success. The club is full of people who are just comfortable where they are - their own positions are more important than the club actually winning anything. Until that changes and we get owners that really care about success, it will be more of the same unfortunately.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @the-frog

PS: Have the owners of this august website thought about applying a minimum IQ for posters. Could be a good idea.

Would be a shame to see you go Frog 😉

Rex2ce and jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

@tiger5150 That's hilarious. I figured the 5150 in your nom de plume, was the uncertainty of your IQ being 51 or 50. In either case, your the first gone.

Superior Frog

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

@avocadoontoast This has got to be the first time you have ever made sense in 2494 posts. 

Distraught Frog

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @851

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Our pack did a great job in the first half of the year and if we had halves to finish what the chances they were given we would have had a few more wins and the pack wouldn’t be so tired now. 

New halves next year hopefully prove the difference. A few of the young guys should be better for the experience this year 

That is my take on this year as well, the forwards must of just got sick of the halves squandering all their hard work, it's probably a subconscious thing to taper off, rather than an  effort thing after watching a year of the halves bumbling around in the red zone

all Brooks fault lol

Basically it has been a long year hopefully less injuries next year and we might finish up the ladder a bit if we can give Sullivan and Fainu some time together in the halves in 2024. 

Any truth to the rumour Olakuatu to Tigers in 2025 and Papali back to Parramatta in 2025 ?

Where did I say it's all Brooks fault, I said our forwards have been let down by their halves, Brooks, Wakeham, Laurie, Smith, Doueihi all of them, I never once singled Brooks out

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

Serious question! Why has all the wests magpies losers popped up all of a sudden , death riding the club , and fanning division . Especially when wests actually own the club now . 
It has to be something to do with wests JRLFC or the Cambo leagues club . 
Otherwise I feel like I’ve hopped in a Time Machine back to 2003 . 

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@jedi-tiger it’s a not so well kept secret . Might even be 24 . My guess , and it’s really only a guess no evidence , we will see ice to eels Ola to us and Galvin to manly , Dunster to us as well .

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Posted by: @forever-9th

@jirskyr Campbelltown might be a good location. Already have a stadium, club, transport, members and fans, and one of the biggest junior bases. But sadly no team.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

@tiger5150 That's hilarious. I figured the 5150 in your nom de plume, was the uncertainty of your IQ being 51 or 50. In either case, your the first gone.

Superior Frog

You're

Cmon man get the basics right when you start hammering people.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Superior Frog

hmmm. I guess you mean "you're" the first gone?? Hardly a vote of IQ confidence in you either.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 826 / 942
Share: