[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@doug-heffernan I have not changed my mind at all. Did it change your mind on him when we got done 74-0 against NQ? Because he played that game.

Let me try and articulate my point a little better. I want a forward pack that is so good Twal isn’t in it. That excludes most of last nights guys too. I don’t think Seyfarth, Blore or James are great either.

I think as fans we tend to over-rate our own players. I’m not suggesting you’re doing that with Twal, but generally speaking it’s something we’re all guilty of. 

When I look down our team list without bias, I see Api who is truly elite, Klemmer and Stef who are very good middle forwards and Bula who has the potential to be a superstar. 

Outside of that is there anything really special?

I love Bateman and was one of our best in the first half of the season but lately has been pretty poor.

Ice has been a huge disappointment. Yes he hasn’t been getting the ball he’s used to, but even when he gets the ball in good position he’s not the player he was at Parra.

Nofo is absolutely hopeless, To’a isn’t consistent enough to be a 1st grader and Naden has fallen off a cliff. 

We need to upgrade in a number of areas to become a force in this competition, and that includes our bench.

Just my 2c

Yes all or most of this is true…. That’s why this organisation has to relocate and reboot. It’s the only option!!

IT’S BROKEN 

No thank you 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @the-frog

@tiger5150 That's hilarious. I figured the 5150 in your nom de plume, was the uncertainty of your IQ being 51 or 50.

ReplyQuote
Forever 9th
(@forever-9th)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@the-frog based on that post you definitely wouldnt pass the IQ test. 😂😂😂😂

Mercy Rule reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@forever-9th Ah,I knew it. Don't know what a "nom de plume" is. Its ok, go back to bed, you're tired.

The Frog

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @the-frog

@forever-9th Ah,I knew it. Don't know what a "nom de plume" is. Its ok, go back to bed, you're tired.

The Frog

Froggy, not sure this is the place to question fellow posters intelligence. Not the "vibe" we are going for.

Rex2ce, Joel Helmes, AnyGivenSunday and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I get it, It's been another long year- and we are all tired and cranky

But just a reminder - we aim to be a respectful and supportive place - which requires all of us to moderate ourselves.

Let's keep this place respectful please 

Top 8 2023

888, Joel Helmes, Tiger5150 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

In the context of rumours of Papali'i going back to Parra, some good positive statements in this interview. Could be twisted but in my opinion seemed genuine.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2023/08/29/isaiah-papalii-presser/

851, Mike and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

In the context of rumours of Papali'i going back to Parra, some good positive statements in this interview. Could be twisted but in my opinion seemed genuine.

Parramatta seems to be heading in the direction of Melbourne in that players play above their potential but outside of those systems meh!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigerlily

Posted by: @tiger5150

Parramatta seems to be heading in the direction of Melbourne in that players play above their potential but outside of those systems meh!

papalii hasn’t performed at his Parra 2021 form at the Tigers but he didn’t at Parra in 2022 either. He needs a good half. 

Whilst he hasn’t reached his 2021 peak let’s not kid ourselves. He is the best backrower we have had in a long time 

851, Jedi Tiger, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tiger5150 pretty sure Aiden will know how to utilise him to the best of his ability. Hopefully our coach doesn’t do a season ‘23 preseason and not go with Seizer at 7 and go with the two rookies. Surely not again 🤷‍♂️

Watch out for the bergs

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

we need to be trying to sign Olam to play centre for us, can we do a deal with storm 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

we need to be trying to sign Olam to play centre for us, can we do a deal with storm 

So they need a winger by any chance??

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigerpete)
Wests Tigers Supporter

One who is familiar with Storm !

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

So they need a winger by any chance??

if nofo is on say 450k a year we may need to pay 350k to get storm to take him, we'll worth it if we can do it just to get him out of the club

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@jedi-tiger I’m not exaggerating when I say I’d just rip up the contract. If he’s in the club there’s the temptation for people to play him. Just write it off and move on.

ReplyQuote
Page 827 / 942
Share: