Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @wiz

We need to stop kidding ourselves we have a “good” forward pack. It’s the best forward pack we’ve had in a long time but it would still only be middle of the road out of the 17 teams, perhaps even slightly below middle. 

There are no stand outs. And the Bateman contract will end up a shocker. 

I get your point and probably dont disagree with it to a large extent, but we DO have a forward pack that at least does their job, week in week out. Our pack does smash out good metres each week, they do get us into decent position, but its completely pointless because once they have done their job there is no one to capitalise on it. it must be so frustrating for our pack.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@doug-heffernan I have not changed my mind at all. Did it change your mind on him when we got done 74-0 against NQ? Because he played that game.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@doug-heffernan I have not changed my mind at all. Did it change your mind on him when we got done 74-0 against NQ? Because he played that game.

Let me try and articulate my point a little better. I want a forward pack that is so good Twal isn’t in it. That excludes most of last nights guys too. I don’t think Seyfarth, Blore or James are great either.

I think as fans we tend to over-rate our own players. I’m not suggesting you’re doing that with Twal, but generally speaking it’s something we’re all guilty of. 

When I look down our team list without bias, I see Api who is truly elite, Klemmer and Stef who are very good middle forwards and Bula who has the potential to be a superstar. 

Outside of that is there anything really special?

I love Bateman and was one of our best in the first half of the season but lately has been pretty poor.

Ice has been a huge disappointment. Yes he hasn’t been getting the ball he’s used to, but even when he gets the ball in good position he’s not the player he was at Parra.

Nofo is absolutely hopeless, To’a isn’t consistent enough to be a 1st grader and Naden has fallen off a cliff. 

We need to upgrade in a number of areas to become a force in this competition, and that includes our bench.

Just my 2c

Rex2ce, TigerSteve, Dirty Reds and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Cowboys game is irrelevant to this. No one player could have influenced that result. We concede at least 10 points more on average when he doesn't play. That's consitant and signifcant.

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Let me try and articulate my point a little better. I want a forward pack that is so good Twal isn’t in it. That excludes most of last nights guys too. I don’t think Seyfarth, Blore or James are great either.

I think as fans we tend to over-rate our own players. I’m not suggesting you’re doing that with Twal, but generally speaking it’s something we’re all guilty of. 

When I look down our team list without bias, I see Api who is truly elite, Klemmer and Stef who are very good middle forwards and Bula who has the potential to be a superstar. 

I love Bateman and was one of our best in the first half of the season but lately has been pretty poor.

Ice has been a huge disappointment. Yes he hasn’t been getting the ball he’s used to, but even when he gets the ball in good position he’s not the player he was at Parra.

Nofo is absolutely hopeless, To’a isn’t consistent enough to be a 1st grader and Naden has fallen off a cliff. 

We need to upgrade in a number of areas to become a force in this competition, and that includes our bench.

Just my 2c

I get that. However IMO Twal has suprassec Klemmer is every facet of the game. So if Klemmer is currently acceptable then Twal most definitely is

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Just my 2c

Yes all or most of this is true…. That’s why this organisation has to relocate and reboot. It’s the only option!!

IT’S BROKEN 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Just my 2c

I get that. However IMO Twal has suprassec Klemmer is every facet of the game. So if Klemmer is currently acceptable then Twal most definitely is

In what way? Statistically Klemmer is better in pretty much every area. He’s also a leader. Klemmer the far better player imo.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

Bateman looks like a guy trying to fill the creativity vacuum created by our atrocious halves this year . 
Next year with some consistency in the spine , which funnily enough this year when we had period of cohesion and stability that coincided with his form being good to great . 
he knows the Laurie / wakeham / smith halves types arnt up to it . 
To say a  top 30 halves  of Sezer/Sullivan/Fainu/Hawkins/Galvin/AD isn’t light years better than Brooks/AD/Wakeham/Smith /Laurie is to say the world is flat . Literally not living in reality . I’m not saying anyone said that , but that’s the upgrade level we are getting next year . It would surely be giving a lot of players hope for a quick turn around next year . 

851, hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@lestronge he also didn’t have a full preseason and it’s been a long season. Confident he’ll be better next year.

ReplyQuote
Forever 9th
(@forever-9th)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Has TwalsFault become the new BrooksFault?

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Just my 2c

In what way? Statistically Klemmer is better in pretty much every area. He’s also a leader. Klemmer the far better player imo.

In every way. I'm not being negative towards Klemmer, he is going ok. But his stats don't exactly tell the truth IMO. His runs, while decent yards, are largely ineffective and result in slow play the balls. We never gain any momentum from Klemmer. Twal on the other hand has much more leg speed and gets in between players landing on his front. Besides the nothing hit up inside the opposition 20m, we usually gain momentum to play off from Twals runs.

Defensively both are good, I give Twal the edge for a slightly bigger motor and more mobility. You often see Twal covering others tackles, while Klem just makes his own. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@doug-heffernan he did in the first 15 games . He just looks tired . It’s understandable considering how much the forwards were dominating teams for 2/3 of the season . 
a strong pre season , another year development of the core young forwards , bearing in mind most forwards don’t really peak till thier bodies do around 25/26 , and the less we will have to rely on a Klemperer 70min game . 
That’s why he’s looking tired , it’s been a long year for old Klem -dog

851 and Doug Heffernan reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I agree that Bateman has been trying to make something happen due to the lack of halves. This sort of thing has long been something that I have thought is an issue. I reckon Nofa has been very guilty of it. We need proper star power to push the Batemans back into their proper roles. 

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Our pack did a great job in the first half of the year and if we had halves to finish what the chances they were given we would have had a few more wins and the pack wouldn’t be so tired now. 

New halves next year hopefully prove the difference. A few of the young guys should be better for the experience this year 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Our pack did a great job in the first half of the year and if we had halves to finish what the chances they were given we would have had a few more wins and the pack wouldn’t be so tired now. 

New halves next year hopefully prove the difference. A few of the young guys should be better for the experience this year 

That is my take on this year as well, the forwards must of just got sick of the halves squandering all their hard work, it's probably a subconscious thing to taper off, rather than an  effort thing after watching a year of the halves bumbling around in the red zone

ReplyQuote
Page 825 / 942
Share: