Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

tigers should look at bringing Moses Mmbye back, it was the cost of the contract vs output that was the problem last time. Play the guy as a 6 or a 7 not a fullback. If you could get him cheap he would be a better backup than wakeham 

Mbye played 7 games at 6 in his last year with us. That is not the answer.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

At this point we need to go full Disney movie and sign up a bunch of reserve graders no one else wants to give a chance. We’ll start off slow before illness, injury, and a scandal eliminates the competition allowing us to sneak into the finals and go on to win the premiership against the odds. If one of them happens to have to ability to turn into a werewolf that would help also. 

Tiger_Alex, Joel Helmes, Dirty Reds and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

tigers should look at bringing Moses Mmbye back, it was the cost of the contract vs output that was the problem last time. Play the guy as a 6 or a 7 not a fullback. If you could get him cheap he would be a better backup than wakeham 

on a cheap contract he is better than wakeham

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Remember when there was going to be a protest, it was getting traction online and Pascoe invited the protest organiser into the COE for a fan day. Good times.

Frullens and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

on a cheap contract he is better than wakeham

It’s like choosing between drowning or being set on fire. They’re both bad.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

We really could of used Hastings for this year.....

Top 8 2023

851 and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @frullens

we could really do with Joffa

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

blind Freddie Fittler could have seen the consequences of this horrendous error from Marshall and Sheens.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

I knew something was up with Joffa after the first 4 rounds. Was strange that word out of the Sheens corner was he wanted him captain. Marshall didn’t see him as a 13. Too many chiefs maybe in hindsight. 

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @Anonymous

Well I’ve almost at my tether…couple more weeks of this and the Nrl will have to step in and takes steps. It’s time for a regroup and to get another franchise up. Cause this one is terminal. 

You are correct. The NRL will have to make an intervention in this because we do not have people on the board or in Executive positions that have the answers.

Just so we are all clear about wishful thinking, there is 0% chance the NRL will step in for a club that is financially OK but doesn't win enough footy.

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @mickb

https://holmanbarnesgroup.com.au/about-us/our-directors/ I can see that there is a new director as of March 2023 -  Stephen Montgomery. I wonder what sort of vetting process he was subject to prior to the appointment?

I'm a fan of newcastle in the premier league and the club was forced to stomach an incompetent owner for the best part of 13 years until recently when he sold to the saudi's (not ideal in itself I know). Fans were able to pressure Ashley to sell via banners at home matches, and 'Ashley Out' t shirts and eventually he gave in.

Would a t-shirt with 'Holman Barnes Group Out" and these 7 mug shots on it get support from disgruntled supporters? We can all talk about how these people have a firm grip on control of the club but there must be a way fans can put pressure on them to stand down.

Mate Tottenham fans do the same with "Levy OUT", "ENIC OUT" but there has been no cave-in since 2001.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

@jirskyr Boo!!!!! I want this nightmare over please.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

So what I’m guessing is ,some combo of Galvin , Fainu , Large, conti is the potential halves pairing the club has earmarked for the future . 
And from what I u d’état and the younger large is the best hooker in his age group , so that also leaves Large/ TDS for the hooker role . 
There was a recent DTarticle that had conti at around 38 for his age , Laulilii a Too type winger/ fullback in the teens , that gun second rower everyone is talking about , and finally Galvin was rated 3/4 pre Aus schoolboys , and now has probably moved closer to number 1 . 
So with all this said and done , we need to find An experienced 7 (Sezer/ Pearce would be my pick) or to a lesser degree Mbye . 
We have the experienced 9 in Api . 
Getting those 4-5 guys into first grade should be our number one priority . Fainu next year (if we get him) Galvin in 25 probably as first drop , moving into a permanent role in 26 . Which will make Fainu 22 odd, hopefully by that stage with 50 plus games under his belt . 
WE Also need an old head fullback, like a the equivalent of a wade Mckinnon to fill in at a pinch for first grade , but really just train next to Bula this offseason . 
Just to drive him, become Bulas shadow. 
I don’t know who that would be . If teddy continues his decline , if chuck a mil at him for 1 more year to play wing , get us to within the 90% cap that we have to get to , which I’m struggling to see how we will . 
Or even Gutho to play centre , as isn’t he on the outer at the eels ? 
That’s pie in the sky stuff I know , but if we start there , as base values on what we are trying to achieve , then the closer thing possible to that . 
If next year does have to finally be the tiger cubs year , which lets be honest has been coming for a while , then fine , I’m ok with it , but we have to put experienced shadows , who will drive and push the kids . 
Just my opinion 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

IMG 2293

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @Anonymous

I knew something was up with Joffa after the first 4 rounds. Was strange that word out of the Sheens corner was he wanted him captain. Marshall didn’t see him as a 13. Too many chiefs maybe in hindsight. 

The Joffa situation is emblematic of the lack of conviction within the club. We signed him to a 3 year deal, and then pushed him out the door after less than half a season. The guys on the pod mentioned that the decision makers are incredibly prone to chopping and changing supposed long term plans - this is a perfect example of how it translates all the way to the 17 we put on the park every weekend. 

ReplyQuote
Page 742 / 1067
Share: