Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@plundermonkey)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I posted this in the game thread but it looks like tumbleweeds are the only audience over there. So here goes again: 

Don’t let Sheens off for this. He in my view cynically managed that process of exiting Maguire from the club, leaving Kimmorley with a weakened and demoralised team headed for last place, and installing himself as the saviour. Well, with an obviously stronger roster, comparing this year with the Tigers at the same point last year (15 games), here are the numbers. 

- We have scored 40 more points (a 2.3 points per game improvement)

- we have conceded 24 fewer points (a 1.6 point per game improvement)

- we have won the same number of games.

- we are in last place as we were last year. 

By the numbers we are going nowhere. 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @kiwitiger

@helmesy they did that 10 years ago with Go. And here we are. They should just let us drown this time. No help. We either sink further or start swimming

it’s not the finances mate.

No it's not. But because we suck at something our fans always think we need extra help. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I wonder what member of the 2005 team will br recruited this week into an off field role...we must have a good news story this week. 

Liam Fulton into the financial department

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@helmesy they did that 10 years ago with Go. And here we are. They should just let us drown this time. No help. We either sink further or start swimming

It will be soon. memberships will drop, sponsors will leave and not line up for us, young kids are not going to follow us, I think even cap sales would be down. We are falling in a deep dark hole and I dont think management know where the bottom is let alone how to get out.

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

It will be soon. memberships will drop, sponsors will leave and not line up for us, young kids are not going to follow us, I think even cap sales would be down. We are falling in a deep dark hole and I dont think management know where the bottom is let alone how to get out.

I alluded to this a while ago on the pod. It’s not today that we will suffer financially but in the years to come as kids choose to follow anyone but wests tigers

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

@tiger5150 ‘the end is nigh’

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

@kiwitiger we are unsavable as a club!!

Stick a fork in wests tigers!!!!! We’re DONE!! In fact we’re charred!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

@tigersteve Don’t worry about the years ahead mate…. The franchise is DEAD!!! Can’t wait for the nrl to intervene.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

anyone who thinks “the NRL will step in “ has rocks in their head. As long as we front up with a side each week the NRL has absolutely no influence over what we do as a club. The funding model in the NRL means it is impossible to send a club broke.  Nothing is going to change whilst we are owned by Wests. Their weakness as an owner has allowed Lee (a random sponsor) to live out his pantomime dreams of being a “somebody” in NRL circles and Pascoe is allowed to run the club into the ground because he doesn’t come asking Wests for a handout. Privatisation is our only hope yet the fossils at Ashfield will never allow it, lest they have to take their snouts out of the trough.

Rex2ce reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

anyone who thinks “the NRL will step in “ has rocks in their head. As long as we front up with a side each week the NRL has absolutely no influence over what we do as a club. The funding model in the NRL means it is impossible to send a club broke.  Nothing is going to change whilst we are owned by Wests. Their weakness as an owner has allowed Lee (a random sponsor) to live out his pantomime dreams of being a “somebody” in NRL circles and Pascoe is allowed to run the club into the ground because he doesn’t come asking Wests for a handout. Privatisation is our only hope yet the fossils at Ashfield will never allow it, lest they have to take their snouts out of the trough.

well the nrl want to expand its landscape…yes going to 18 teams wouldn’t work, however if they were to cut us or amalgamate us. That’s a different story! Surely they see us as a BASKETCASE that we are. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

If the club is bottom 4 every year in perpetuity the club won’t survive. There won’t be any supporters. Young kids don’t want to follow the Tigers.

I’d be surprised if the club is still around in a decade and personally I’d be a little relieved if they folded. It’s a doomed franchise, it will never have success.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

no way Bula hangs around or Api, Bateman will head home homesick abd Papali will walk away at the end of his deal. 

We simply can't attract players 

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://holmanbarnesgroup.com.au/about-us/our-directors/ I can see that there is a new director as of March 2023 -  Stephen Montgomery. I wonder what sort of vetting process he was subject to prior to the appointment?

I'm a fan of newcastle in the premier league and the club was forced to stomach an incompetent owner for the best part of 13 years until recently when he sold to the saudi's (not ideal in itself I know). Fans were able to pressure Ashley to sell via banners at home matches, and 'Ashley Out' t shirts and eventually he gave in.

Would a t-shirt with 'Holman Barnes Group Out" and these 7 mug shots on it get support from disgruntled supporters? We can all talk about how these people have a firm grip on control of the club but there must be a way fans can put pressure on them to stand down.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

tigers should look at bringing Moses Mmbye back, it was the cost of the contract vs output that was the problem last time. Play the guy as a 6 or a 7 not a fullback. If you could get him cheap he would be a better backup than wakeham 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

tigers should look at bringing Moses Mmbye back, it was the cost of the contract vs output that was the problem last time. Play the guy as a 6 or a 7 not a fullback. If you could get him cheap he would be a better backup than wakeham 

I feel sick

ReplyQuote
Page 741 / 933
Share: