Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

How could we still have factionalism on the Board - Wests runs the whole thing! Incompetence I could understand but factionalism?

There are Sheens supporters on the board who are happy to give him total control of football operations. There are also people who don’t agree.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I’m @helmesy total control is fraught with danger . Especially when he went scorched earth last time , and the rumoured ,If true IMO pretty childish , way that McDonnell has left the club . 

But enough rope to hang yourself , shouldn’t be too much of an ask. 
these career jerk offs on the board and in the EXCO of the club , needs hard dose of reality . 
YOU ARE NOT GOOD AT FOOTBALLMANAGEMENT!!! Examples are as follows , the endless shit dishes up by the first grade squad . The lack of elite pathways for 10 years . End of . 
Get some reality into you FFS. It should be football club success 1. Personal interests distant 2. Not our monkeys running the club . 
Setiously I’m so over these people. I was pro Pascoe for years because I didn’t think anyone from Melbourne , who knows sweet FA about RL would have the audacity to do anything but sit back and let the experts run the club. Or used car salesman Lee . Speaking in absolutes and grandeur , jargon, disguising the fact he’s got as much foresight as my autistic 9 year old son . 
Man , if I had enough money and could buy the club I would fire everyone in Exco . Hire a Ben Ikin type football person to run the club with an efficient CFO. Leave the football department as it is for a bit . Let it god damn breathe for a sec . 
It’s not rocket science . But I guess it is if you’re an egomaniac with delusions of grandeur . 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@frullens Sheens!!!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

As less than perfect things may seem in the managerial realm,I’d just like to alter tack a little and talk about next week’s match against an understaffed Melbourne.While the injuries to Api and Luke are a massive thorn in our side I still believe this game is highly winnable if we play to our strengths.Here are a few posers:Does Dane Laurie come into the halves?Does Naden come in for Talau?Will Da Silva come off the bench?Will Christian Welch do time for the blatant hip drop?Are we a chance of winning this one as I believe we are?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Kind of funny that some of the offical commentary about where Brooks goes next is “he could play 14…. He’d make a great 9” etc. We obviously low balled him but I honestly don’t know who would want to play him as a half. Maybe Canberra but he never looked worse than when he was coached by Maguire.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

I have enjoyed watching Brooks the last 6 weeks more than at any other point in his career, but we cannot overpay him based on 6 weeks of footy. Hopefully Fulton is good at his job because tghe pressure is certainly on now and we cannot go into next season without massive upgrades in the halves. 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851, Tiger_Alex, jirskyr and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Depressing watching the Dogs who were at least as big a basket case as us and they have recruited Burton, Oaluapu, Chriton, JAC. Bula literally fell into our lap, wasn’t recruited or developed as a junior. 

maybe sheens should never have moved to coaching. Just stayed GM and Benji goes straight to first grade coach. He probably maintains control of the football team if he does that. Going in to coaching and the factions get to point at the scoreboard.

This post was modified 11 months ago by TigerTownSFS

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@tigertownsfs the dogs arnt really a comparative situation though . They bottomed out for years and are still at the bottom . 
We spun our wheels in mid table purgatory for years until finally , and IMO thankfully , even that became too much and we finally bottomed out . We are now really , less than 13 months into the true rebuild we have needed since benji decided he was going to Auckland . 
And the dogs are just Penrith east . That will last for a little bit , but unlike Penrith who have a very rich pipeline of talent to create succession , the dogs are very limited by who they can and can’t recruit. 
And they don’t have geographical pull of an easts or manly to say “come to us , learn from us and you can be a star and live on the beach” .

Cronulla are a different situation because most of thier juniors are just that , and the desire for kids in the shire to pull on the black and blue is extremely strong . 
Of this I am absolutely certain . So there’s less of a reason to go looking elsewhere. 
We just need to stick with the 15-19 year olds we’ve got coming through , and search the planet , for a decent half. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

@lestronge I was more lamenting out inability to recruit a half to tide us over the next several years until the kids come through. It wouldn’t take much, literally just find a quality half who is willing to accept millions of dollars to come and play in our colours.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Is Adam Doueihi our only half signed for next year in the top 30? 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @frullens

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Posted by: @loganr21

@tiger5150 if this does happen I really hope thousands of other members don’t Renew their memberships. It’s as simple as that !!

I didn't renew for this year after the debacle of Sheens being given authority by the Club (Board/CEO/Chair) to punt Maguire, insist on the return of McDonnell. He was trusted to land Ciraldo and failed and then had to take the head coach role for 2023 himself. He offered, from the best I can see, no support to Kimmorley and the team earnt the wooden spoon. That was enough for me to call it quits.

All valid points. 

Then to do that qnd not fully invest in the direction, and undermine sheens - it's hard to have any faith in the judgement of CEO/Board

How have they undermined Sheens? By punting McDonnell and signing Fulton?

What about the arrogance of Sheens (coming off a decade or more of incompetence in any coaching role) on insisting on McDonnell (similar to Sheens or worse) in taking on a senior leadership role in the future of the club??? 

Sure, the Club was stupid enough to do it, and that stupidity is an ongoing issue. But, if they've seen through it and decided enough is enough, then that's a good thing. 

But, I agree, they (the Club) have many other things to do better for the future of WT as a viable NRL club. And I don't, for a second, believe they're up to it. 

851 and jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@super-coach)
Junior Pathways

It has been rumoured, Fulton has been given control of the roster, ie hiring and firing, and Sheens has been told his job is to coach what he is given and it’s in his interest to form a working relationship with Fulton. Personally I don’t believe any coach would agree to that and it’s BS, but it could be partly right. I think Sheens has blown up about the demise of Big Mac and the club has told Sheens he has to get on and work with Fulton. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@super-coach I do not think Sheen’s is in a position to argue , he is well and truely on the way of securing a second wooden spoon for the club in consecutive seasons under his watch . Maybe this time around he does not have the commanding influence he once had !

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigertownsfs Brooks next contract was what he is worth no low balling at all IMO.

851 and Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Depressing watching the Dogs who were at least as big a basket case as us and they have recruited Burton, Oaluapu, Chriton, JAC. Bula literally fell into our lap, wasn’t recruited or developed as a junior. 

maybe sheens should never have moved to coaching. Just stayed GM and Benji goes straight to first grade coach. He probably maintains control of the football team if he does that. Going in to coaching and the factions get to point at the scoreboard.

For all the dogs have done they are only 2 points above us but double the for/against (-59 to -116) 

We started 0-7 and we have been very competitive all year and the last 6 weeks have been great considering we don't have a halfback.  Unfortunately we have lost our 2 main parts this week (Api and Brooks) so we are in for some hurt, but this year was always going to be about developing players.  

If we have a look at the big picture, it's not as bad as most think. 

We have an excellent forward pack now and some excellent backups, We have a top line Fullback, Tupou and Ta'o  in the backs and all we need to be a top 8 team is a 6/7..  As a half this team has got to be appealing but we will need to pay overs I think to get a top line one.  

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 691 / 934
Share: