Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

don't think Sheens will be coach in 2024 

doesnt seem likely. I just hope to god there is a reason behind this implosion. I get McDonnell missed Moses (and every other half) which may have made his position untenable but sheens could really scorch the earth on his way out.

Three weeks ago, this club was literally on the precipice of a new dawn. This club was starting to do what it was saying, walking its walk. Then Fulton, then Joffa, the Talau/Blore talk, now Brooks. Pointless self destruction. IMO the earth is probably already scorched. Unless the club pulls an absolute rabbit out of a hat now, I actually fear that they have killed it. I dont trust anyone at the club to be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat other than Sheens and it appears he is being neutered.

I actually think all indications point to the death of the club. We will not sign a quality half. The next step will be a few more years at the bottom. Then next step will be the likes of Api, Klem, Bateman (who has form at this) looking for the exits. Roosters sign Bula & Tupou.

This is a depressing yet very accurate post 5150.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Serious question.....when was the last great signing Manly made? Sea Eagles SG Ball are second last with just 2 wins. Manly are second last in Jersey Flegg, Dead last in Harold Matts. Where is the evidence that Scott Fulton is good at either signing 1st graders or looking after pathways? I'd love it to be true and Im not a fan of McDonnell, but on the face of it I see no evidence. IMO everything that was good at Manly was Hasler.

Their success is more reliant on one player than any other team.

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @jirskyr

Three weeks ago, this club was literally on the precipice of a new dawn. This club was starting to do what it was saying, walking its walk. Then Fulton, then Joffa, the Talau/Blore talk, now Brooks. Pointless self destruction. IMO the earth is probably already scorched. Unless the club pulls an absolute rabbit out of a hat now, I actually fear that they have killed it. I dont trust anyone at the club to be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat other than Sheens and it appears he is being neutered.

You really believe that, that the team that lost 7 matches in a row, managed to win 3 in 4 weeks was on the precipice of a new dawn?

A good tough win over Penrith, very nearly run down by Dragons in the last minute, didn't post a single point against Souths then flogged a hapless Cowboys. That team was entering a new dawn? Because Joffa was on his way out before the Cowboys game and Fulton was already working for several weeks prior to that; Blore hadn't played since the Parramatta game Rd 6.

I've seen this movie before, the one where Tigers lose a bunch in a row, then find form for a month - it's called "Every Wests Tigers Season Ever".

Short answer, yes. You cant see the difference in this team compared to last 4 years? Difference in our pack? Difference int he way we march down field? Difference in our back three and outside backs?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

just asking why the Fulton thing was bad. The reports about not informing Sheens - you can't bank that, that's just media scandal-mongering. Of course it's possible they didn't tell Sheens; it's just as possible they did tell him. It's possible they thought Sheens would try and block the move or get more annoyed. I don't know, I generally don't waste time speculating or commenting on hearsay, because it's pointless. If it makes you feel annoyed, ok, but there's no confirmation that any of it is actually true.

I actually know a lot of CEOs and Chairs but I do my research.

I never said I think they are doing a good job, I just asked why the Weedler article rankled with you. Weedler articles especially, I never assume them to be accurate.

Lee literally was quoted as saying they didn’t inform him.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I find it highly ironic that Brooks has been a whipping boy for years and years, and now that the is reported to have told the club he's leaving, some folks think this is the moment the club implodes.

Firstly, not all of us have been bashing Brooks. Secondly, IMO, "now that the is reported to have told the club he's leaving", without a superior replacement and without any backup, i think its the moment the club is imploding. Zero irony.

Avo and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

just asking why the Fulton thing was bad. The reports about not informing Sheens - you can't bank that, that's just media scandal-mongering. Of course it's possible they didn't tell Sheens; it's just as possible they did tell him. It's possible they thought Sheens would try and block the move or get more annoyed. I don't know, I generally don't waste time speculating or commenting on hearsay, because it's pointless. If it makes you feel annoyed, ok, but there's no confirmation that any of it is actually true.

I actually know a lot of CEOs and Chairs but I do my research.

I never said I think they are doing a good job, I just asked why the Weedler article rankled with you. Weedler articles especially, I never assume them to be accurate.

Lee literally was quoted as saying they didn’t inform him.

Correct. Cause we had to move so quickly we couldn’t take 10 minutes to call the Head of Football to discuss. Seriously, do they think we’re that dumb that we just eat up everything they peddle?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Thoughts and prayers @jedi-tiger

wow good luck to him perhaps Canberra like I said a few weeks ago, said the offer was a lot more than what we were offering 

Jedi.....genuinely with all respect, you have said a lot of things about Luke Brooks, including he wont leave Sydney. Chances are one of the things you said about Luke Brooks had to come true.

very adamant he would not be in u.k. 

Canberra it will be some said he won't go there because of madge, don't think so

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @loganr21

@tiger5150 if this does happen I really hope thousands of other members don’t Renew their memberships. It’s as simple as that !!

I didn't renew for this year after the debacle of Sheens being given authority by the Club (Board/CEO/Chair) to punt Maguire, insist on the return of McDonnell. He was trusted to land Ciraldo and failed and then had to take the head coach role for 2023 himself. He offered, from the best I can see, no support to Kimmorley and the team earnt the wooden spoon. That was enough for me to call it quits.

851, Snake, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Posted by: @loganr21

@tiger5150 if this does happen I really hope thousands of other members don’t Renew their memberships. It’s as simple as that !!

I didn't renew for this year after the debacle of Sheens being given authority by the Club (Board/CEO/Chair) to punt Maguire, insist on the return of McDonnell. He was trusted to land Ciraldo and failed and then had to take the head coach role for 2023 himself. He offered, from the best I can see, no support to Kimmorley and the team earnt the wooden spoon. That was enough for me to call it quits.

All valid points. 

Then to do that qnd not fully invest in the direction, and undermine sheens - it's hard to have any faith in the judgement of CEO/Board

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

So we punted Hastings because he is too slow as a half

But we've ended up with Wakeham as our main half - who is 10 times slower

What curse sits over this club?! - lol

Top 8 2023

851, LoganR21, Mike and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

The decision to bring in sheens as GM of football and moving on Hartigan and ultimately Maguire is only about 18months old. It led to a “5 year plan” that the Board endorsed. To turn around a year later and torpedo the structure you put in place (sack McDonnell, Sheens key ally - bring Fulton in over sheens’ head) is just ridiculous management. Judge sheens on his results by all means but can we all row in the same direction for a little while at least? 

LoganR21, Skippa13, Mike and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

The decision to bring in sheens as GM of football and moving on Hartigan and ultimately Maguire is only about 18months old. It led to a “5 year plan” that the Board endorsed. To turn around a year later and torpedo the structure you put in place (sack McDonnell, Sheens key ally - bring Fulton in over sheens’ head) is just ridiculous management. Judge sheens on his results by all means but can we all row in the same direction for a little while at least? 

Spot on, they’ve either undermined their own decision or there’s a power play/factions at work at board level.

This post was modified 11 months ago by Joel Helmes

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21 and Peter A reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

How could we still have factionalism on the Board - Wests runs the whole thing! Incompetence I could understand but factionalism?

ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

How do we keep shooting ourself in the foot. We don’t need to know why people have been moved as much as I would  like to know But we need to know the direction.

It again seems from the outside we are pulling in different directions. All I can think is management not happy with progress of 5 year plan

so what does this say about the management who put the staff and plan in place. If they can not get this right or stick to their original plans it is time for them to acknowledge that they are not right for their roles.

Please put the club before yourself and leave let a new administrator sought out the last 15 years of disappointment 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

The Fultons are master politicians. They still ran Manly despite the club being owned privately. In the end the owner had to get a new CEO to come in and blast them out of the club. Imagine the rings they will run around our numpties in head office and Ashfield.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 690 / 941
Share: