Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Thoughts and prayers @jedi-tiger

wow good luck to him perhaps Canberra like I said a few weeks ago, said the offer was a lot more than what we were offering 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

at least you and Celtic tiger won't leave now lol 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

F6D58962 B0F7 45E0 9930 8A701FE15449

Posted by: @the-frog

Brooks Gone and Tim wanted him to stay ? Warren Gone and Tim wanted him to stay ? I love Tim, but maybe times up Tim ?

Ps: Will the uninformed please understand these current decisions are from the BOARD!!!! and whilst Pascoe and Lee may or may not agree, its the Board. I suspect a Board that's had enough of the love affair with some players being teflon coated. 

The Frog

The board says hi

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

From Weidler. Pascoe and Lee are the worst.

Clouds remain over Sheens’ future​

We were chastised by rival media for suggesting a few weeks back that Tim Sheenscould be headed for an early exit from his coaching duties at Wests Tigers.

At that point we didn’t say it was locked in, but talk of Sheens not seeing out his two-year deal as head coach won’t go away.
Sheens is said to be perplexed by what is happening at the club, and he is angry that he has lost his right-hand man, Warren McDonnell, his former head of recruitment. The significance of that is McDonnell was regarded as a non-negotiable when it came to Sheens taking the job.

A few weeks ago, Sheens was blindsided by a tweet we put out saying Scott Fulton was heading for the Tigers. Sheens was not part of the negotiations that secured one of the sharpest recruiters in the business. The relationship between Sheens and Fulton will be worth watching.

Fulton’s signing was shrewd but for Sheens it’s a red flag, no matter how the club wants to spin it. Then there was a promise that the recruitment men could work together, given, the story went, that they had strengths in different areas.

Fulton has the full backing of Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe and chairman Lee Hagipantelis — he was their most-prized recruit — so he is in a position of strength. Fulton was always going to survive the recruitment power struggle, and now he has the keys to the playing roster.

What will be interesting is how much say Sheens has. Sheens caught some at the club by surprise with his recent declaration that the club was going to offer much-maligned halfback Luke Brooks a new contract.

Not everyone at the Tigers thinks Brooks is the solution and the future of the club. The Tigers had a crack at signing Shaun Johnson in a clear indication that not everyone wants Brooks to stay. Sheens did not respond when contacted for comment.

Why are Pascoe and Lee the worst here, specifically (not in general)?

Either Fulton is a good signing or he is not. Even Weedler, whose opinion means as much to me as junk mail, says he's one of the sharpest recruiters in the league. I don't think the goal here should be to always have Tim Sheens 100% happy. Sheens has a very short shelf-life in this role and he doesn't want to be there longer than 2 years, so his opinions also have a short shelf-life because he'll be handing over the reigns to someone else.

And even if Sheens didn't know Fulton was incoming, Sheens himself is being reported in the same article as making public declarations that the management was not aware of (re Brooks).

As other people have commented, the real question is what Benji Marshall thinks about all this, and he's not mentioned at all.

Tigerlily and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@tigertownsfs  Well, you got me good with that photo..........

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@jirskyr because they’re infantile egomaniacs who put their best interests above all else. How many other CEO’s or Chairs do you know? I know none except Politis. Everyone knows ours though, because they are publicity whores.

A few weeks ago everything was looking good. We were heading in the right direction. Then Lee and Pascoe have to sign Fulton without even having the courtesy to let Sheens know. I’m not saying he should have had any authority to say no, but if you want some sort of harmony, you don’t do something that is guaranteed to annoy the head coach. It’s just stupid. If you think they’re doing a good job that’s your right, but we got the spoon last year and we’re last this year too.

as for your last point, I can’t say whether Fulton is good or not because to date he’s done nothing but get rid of players. He’s signed no one.

Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

wow good luck to him perhaps Canberra like I said a few weeks ago, said the offer was a lot more than what we were offering 

honestly he made the right decision. I hope he’s very successful wherever he goes because he’s always represented the club well. The club ruined his career and I wish him well.

Tiger5150, 851, Dirty Reds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

honestly he made the right decision. I hope he’s very successful wherever he goes because he’s always represented the club well. The club ruined his career and I wish him well.

not too successful though :p 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@jedi-tiger lol we’ll have Wakeham and Smith in the halves. I don’t think we’ll be a threat to him, regardless of where he goes.

Tiger5150 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@avocadoontoast I’m ok with it as well . We need to turn the page on him , and Nofa as well. In saying that an engaged, intellectually honest nofa can drive culture and lead . He seems to be that type of player , can drive a healthy culture as well as he can ruin it . 
I’ve always had Brooksys back , but bows the time for fresh creativity and a fresh opinion in the gameplay room. 
And not Hastings with  his 4 passes back inside and then give it to Ponga/ brooks/ whoever . 
If we can jag Fainu , then we build around him , Bula, Da Silva(bench) Koroisau for now . 
Get an experienced Half / a dynamic half like a Metcalf and just go from there . 
Hunt/ Fainu halves pairing would be chefs kiss , while we wait for Large

851 and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Forever 9th
(@forever-9th)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@garry would be a good get. Has also played a little 5/8 not that I think thats his position.

ReplyQuote
Forever 9th
(@forever-9th)
Wests Tigers Supporter

IF Brooks does leave good luck to him and I hope he is treated better by the next clubs fans. It will mean Wests will be without a quality half or 5/8 for next season with few if any on the open market. Interesting times ahead.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

don't think Sheens will be coach in 2024 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

doesnt seem likely. I just hope to god there is a reason behind this implosion. I get McDonnell missed Moses (and every other half) which may have made his position untenable but sheens could really scorch the earth on his way out.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

wouldn’t be surprised if he walks soon. He’s been treated garbage. It didn’t have to be like this.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 687 / 942
Share: