Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@furious1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Well, where to from here? We have thrown the book at every class half that was available to be knocked back every time. Regardless of the Brooks decision, I just can't stomach this crap behind Sheens back. He was brought here to do a job. He stated from the start there would be a COUPLE of years of pain to do the job right and have the roster where Benji wanted it to take over. Our Admin, with all their footy experience, decide they know better than a guy they employed who has won multiple premierships so start going behind his back making moves.

You couldn't make this crap up. If the Board, CEO etc are unhappy with how Sheens has been doing things then once again the buck needs to stop with them. THEY made the appointment. Let the man do the job you hired him for!!!! ( without the backstabbing) They literally must be the most incompetent Admin in the games history as far as running a footy club is concerned. Every time it looks like we turn a corner we are self sabotaged again. The damage this behind the scenes stuff does to our club takes years to recover from. I can see the conversation now:

Justin : Did you see the Dragons copping all that stick in the media?

Lee: Yes I did Justin, hat sales will suffer, we must do something.

Justin: I agree, lets have a board meeting and see how how we can undermine ourselves.....again!!!!

A traitorous, Back stabbing, Incompetent bunch of wannabes. It will never improve until people that have intestinal fortitude, integrity and just a tiny bit of footy nous run the show.

Eastiemagpie, MickeyB, Joel Helmes and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

don't think Sheens will be coach in 2024 

wouldn’t be surprised if he walks soon. He’s been treated garbage. It didn’t have to be like this.

Yes… this is how they treat a lifetime member. I’ve hardly ever been in his camp Sheens, but if he doesn’t see season out I will have a sour taste in my mouth. But gee wiz these 2 geese at the top need to look in the mirror sometime soon. They have botched so much in the past 2 years to last a lifetime for others. 

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jirskyr because they’re infantile egomaniacs who put their best interests above all else. How many other CEO’s or Chairs do you know? I know none except Politis. Everyone knows ours though, because they are publicity whores.

A few weeks ago everything was looking good. We were heading in the right direction. Then Lee and Pascoe have to sign Fulton without even having the courtesy to let Sheens know. I’m not saying he should have had any authority to say no, but if you want some sort of harmony, you don’t do something that is guaranteed to annoy the head coach. It’s just stupid. If you think they’re doing a good job that’s your right, but we got the spoon last year and we’re last this year too.

as for your last point, I can’t say whether Fulton is good or not because to date he’s done nothing but get rid of players. He’s signed no one.

IMO, WT got the spoon last year because of Sheens. And, perhaps Fulton having signed  "no one" and Brooks refusing the new contract is because WT under the current Sheens/Marshall arrangement is not a future worth considering? But, 100%, Pascoe and Chairman Mouth are as culpable as anyone. 

Eastiemagpie, MickeyB, Mike and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

He has rejected the offer, not signed elsewhere yet. Probably just seeing what he is worth to take back to the Tigers.

Tigerlily, hsvjones, GreatOdensRaven and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @mercy-rule

IMO, WT got the spoon last year because of Sheens. And, perhaps Fulton having signed  "no one" and Brooks refusing the new contract is because WT under the current Sheens/Marshall arrangement is not a future worth considering? But, 100%, Pascoe and Chairman Mouth are as culpable as anyone. 

I would have agreed with you at the start of the season when we were a complete rabble, but I really thought we were starting to build nicely. Players looked happy and we were playing really good footy. Now all that good stuff has come undone by them going behind the coaches back. It really sucks.

Tiger5150, hsvjones, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @canberratiger

He has rejected the offer, not signed elsewhere yet. Probably just seeing what he is worth to take back to the Tigers.

Sounds to me like he’s signed somewhere else, or is very close to it. He won’t be at WT next season.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Look in all honesty… we will need to have a good recruitment guru to do the deals we are going to need.

So if Fulton is that man… then the whole club (Sheens & supporters alike) need to get behind him.

Lets just hope he can make some moves to get a decent halfback for us and go from there 🤷‍♂️

hsvjones and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I would have agreed with you at the start of the season when we were a complete rabble, but I really thought we were starting to build nicely. Players looked happy and we were playing really good footy. Now all that good stuff has come undone by them going behind the coaches back. It really sucks.

Yep, that's your view of the world. I think reality lies elsewhere. 

ReplyQuote
(@furious1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tiger_alex I agree mate. I'm not a Sheens supporter as such, but I do believe in integrity. I mean lets put this in perspective. They chased a guy on the other side of the world who had been out of the NRL for a decade, was 70 odd years old and gave him the keys to the castle. Only to now start going behind his back and undermining him. I have no issue with Scott Fulton, but I will never accept they couldn't at least say to Tim this is where we are going and why, instead of him finding out later through the media.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @furious1

Well, where to from here? We have thrown the book at every class half that was available to be knocked back every time. Regardless of the Brooks decision, I just can't stomach this crap behind Sheens back. He was brought here to do a job. He stated from the start there would be a COUPLE of years of pain to do the job right and have the roster where Benji wanted it to take over. Our Admin, with all their footy experience, decide they know better than a guy they employed who has won multiple premierships so start going behind his back making moves.

You couldn't make this crap up. If the Board, CEO etc are unhappy with how Sheens has been doing things then once again the buck needs to stop with them. THEY made the appointment. Let the man do the job you hired him for!!!! ( without the backstabbing) They literally must be the most incompetent Admin in the games history as far as running a footy club is concerned. Every time it looks like we turn a corner we are self sabotaged again. The damage this behind the scenes stuff does to our club takes years to recover from. I can see the conversation now:

Justin : Did you see the Dragons copping all that stick in the media?

Lee: Yes I did Justin, hat sales will suffer, we must do something.

Justin: I agree, lets have a board meeting and see how how we can undermine ourselves.....again!!!!

A traitorous, Back stabbing, Incompetent bunch of wannabes. It will never improve until people that have intestinal fortitude, integrity and just a tiny bit of footy nous run the show.

When coaching at Wests, Warren Ryan tells the story of walking with Magpies officials and saying “look a dead seagull” and the officials looked up to sky.

It feels like we have similar board governing us now, you don’t even need Rugby League IQ to make good governance decisions, just critical thinking and common sense. They needed to find a way of bringing Fulton into the club without undermining and disrespecting the current football department.

Avo, Furious1, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Just going over the two (SMH and DT) articles, and it seems there are two separate sets of quotes from Lee. Why is he going on the record at all regarding this? He's the chairman, and by his own word not involved in football decisions. 

This should have been a 'no comment' or just a brief confirmation off the record (attributable to a "Wests Tigers Source" or whatever), but instead we've got Lee getting all verbose again, spilling the beans in great detail, weakening our bargaining position with every other half that we're chasing. 

Really sick of seeing his name in the media week after week. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger_alex

Look in all honesty… we will need to have a good recruitment guru to do the deals we are going to need.

So if Fulton is that man… then the whole club (Sheens & supporters alike) need to get behind him.

Lets just hope he can make some moves to get a decent halfback for us and go from there 🤷‍♂️

we have seen this story before 

tedesco kicks on wins premierships

Moses plays origin

Brooks will move clubs abd play semi finals 

as for the Tigers lol well we will still be a rabble

Sheens should pull up stumps end of the year and leave it to Scott and benji 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Penrith want Brooks as a 9

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

What annoys me has very little to actually do with brooks . 
we seriously haven’t developed another half of first grade quality since brooks ,Moses and TMM. That was 10 years ago. Most clubs would have had 1 push through in that time. Not us . Ilias at the bunnies is the only one , and yes I’m including jock madden . 

851 and Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Thoughts and prayers @jedi-tiger

wow good luck to him perhaps Canberra like I said a few weeks ago, said the offer was a lot more than what we were offering 

Jedi.....genuinely with all respect, you have said a lot of things about Luke Brooks, including he wont leave Sydney. Chances are one of the things you said about Luke Brooks had to come true.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 688 / 1067
Share: