Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @kenny4517

Posted by: @tiger5150

We just seem to go from one bloody drama to another. 

Explain to me how replacing someone who on the face of it is seriously underperforming with someone with some runs on the board, is a drama.

No drama about the signing of Scott, but Lee should stay out of the papers which other chairman of any board/ company are in the papers making statements, these matters should be keep in house and dealt with in house, not in the papers. He does more damage than good my opinion.

And, even more worrying, is that his corporate profile is in owning Brydens Lawyers where, you would hope, client confidentiality and respect of protocols would be second nature to him and his employees. I agree that he cheapens the standing and reputation of WT way too often, but, IMO, he also cheapens the Brydens brand as well; not that we're going to see them in a Supreme Court case any time soon. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Posted by: @tiger5150

We just seem to go from one bloody drama to another. 

Explain to me how replacing someone who on the face of it is seriously underperforming with someone with some runs on the board, is a drama.

No drama about the signing of Scott, but Lee should stay out of the papers which other chairman of any board/ company are in the papers making statements, these matters should be keep in house and dealt with in house, not in the papers. He does more damage than good my opinion.

And, even more worrying, is that his corporate profile is in owning Brydens Lawyers where, you would hope, client confidentiality and respect of protocols would be second nature to him and his employees. I agree that he cheapens the standing and reputation of WT way too often, but, IMO, he also cheapens the Brydens brand as well; not that we're going to see them in a Supreme Court case any time soon. 

I agree. He comes across more like a celebrity wanna be than a respected lawyer.

Strange that he’s not more cautious around his image given the sometimes poor reputation of compensation lawyers.

Again, I like the Fulton signing, but worried that they seem to again be undermining their own charter/direction/strategy.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mercy Rule and Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

I have no problem with Fulton appointment.

Have very little confidence in current recruitment approach. If Sheens had 5 or 6 wi s on the board and our spine not in such critical position ….. then and only then would I say that he should have been involved in negotiations.

But lefts face it our recruitment particularly in the critical spine positions has been abysmal.

Also I just have a feeling that Benji would not be too displeased with this outcome.

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I am certain Tigers would have informed Sheens that they were hiring Fulton, so he would have been informed.

As to whether he should have been consulted - not his call I don't think, so I don't know if it matters. It's possible that with someone high-profile and old-school like Sheens, you might need to just make a move and then inform him, rather than consult him and risk him taking over or steering it to his preference.

Sheens would certainly be the last person with rights to complain about not being consulted (not saying Sheens complained, just saying he would have no right to), considering basically everything Tigers have done in the last 12-18 months has been at the instruction of Sheens, including hirings and firings.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

If Rumours are true and Sam Walker to cowboys.
Townsend to Tigers
Schuster to tigers
Flannagan to Manly

2024 spine could be
9. Api
7. Townsend
6. Brooks
1. Bula
13. Schuster

Would prefer to see Brooks get signed as a 6 not 7

or if they don't go with townsend
9. Api
7. Brooks
6. Schuster
1. Bula

would prefer to not have Schuster as a 6

or 

if they don't re-sign Brooks

9. Api

7. Townsend

6. Schuster

1. Bula 

ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@jedi-tiger If Walker leaves the roosters, I would imagine that the club will throw the kitchen sink at him.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@declan Corey Parker is of the belief Walker wants to go to Qld hence the cowboys might be the option. Don't think he stays in Sydney if he leaves roosters

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@jedi-tiger that makes more sense

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

So, is Sheens still head of football?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@jirskyr No, Lee confirms it was done by the board and CEO. It's outlined in the article. Sheens and Marshall weren't informed - it's the title of the story.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy who knows lol

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@declan now an article on foxsports about it, Shane and Ben Walker have denied Walker wants to leave Roosters so who knows mate

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@helmesy who knows lol

Cause if he is, recruitment manager falls under his watch and therefore the appointment is messy.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@declan Corey Parker is of the belief Walker wants to go to Qld hence the cowboys might be the option. Don't think he stays in Sydney if he leaves roosters

his family is in SE Qld. Sydney is closer to Brisbane than Townsville is. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

If Rumours are true and Sam Walker to cowboys.
Townsend to Tigers
Schuster to tigers
Flannagan to Manly

2024 spine could be
9. Api
7. Townsend
6. Brooks
1. Bula
13. Schuster

Would prefer to see Brooks get signed as a 6 not 7

or if they don't go with townsend
9. Api
7. Brooks
6. Schuster
1. Bula

would prefer to not have Schuster as a 6

or 

if they don't re-sign Brooks

9. Api

7. Townsend

6. Schuster

1. Bula 

Where's the rumour from about Townsend to WT? I haven't seen that reported anywhere.

ReplyQuote
Page 615 / 933
Share: