Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Zak Lomax set to be dropped for this week's game

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast Corey Parker made the suggestion Walker to cowboys and cowboys look to move on townsend to accommodate Walker. Not very concrete Rumours but fox sports have put out article re Walker and dad and uncle denying he wants to leave Roosters

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 the article also suggests and Parker also said it if one of the walkers is offered a coaching gig then that might help with recruiting Walker.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast Corey Parker made the suggestion Walker to cowboys and cowboys look to move on townsend to accommodate Walker. Not very concrete Rumours but fox sports have put out article re Walker and dad and uncle denying he wants to leave Roosters

Ok cool, but noone has made any link between Townsend and WT?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast not directly, Parker and I can't remember the other panellist was just like Tigers "would be an option" so nothing specific

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@declan Corey Parker is of the belief Walker wants to go to Qld hence the cowboys might be the option. Don't think he stays in Sydney if he leaves roosters

his family is in SE Qld. Sydney is closer to Brisbane than Townsville is. 

Queenslanders probably don't realise this.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @helmesy

So, is Sheens still head of football?

I’d say not after being left out of the Fulton recruitment 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

I have no qualms about the board going over Sheens/Benji head re recruitment. 

Warren Macdonnell was a package deal with Sheens. I cannot imagine Sheens would agree to replace or undercut him and so it would make sense that he was kept out of the loop.

The board should have the latitude to make a call which they believe is in the best interest of the Club. If they believe he has the capability to add something missing to the club, then they are entitled to make the call. They are also entitled to do it without consulting other parts of the club (rightly or wrongly).

It would be management malpractice not to explore every opportunity to improve the talent pool at the football’s department’s disposal. 

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I just re-read the lee article about Fulton. There is no stage of that article that lee says that they didnt discuss it with Sheens. Just saying.

jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mattvtiger

I have no qualms about the board going over Sheens/Benji head re recruitment. 

Warren Macdonnell was a package deal with Sheens. I cannot imagine Sheens would agree to replace or undercut him and so it would make sense that he was kept out of the loop.

The board should have the latitude to make a call which they believe is in the best interest of the Club. If they believe he has the capability to add something missing to the club, then they are entitled to make the call. They are also entitled to do it without consulting other parts of the club (rightly or wrongly).

It would be management malpractice not to explore every opportunity to improve the talent pool at the football’s department’s disposal. 

Agree, and if the article is correct (if) and McDonnell was part of a package for Sheens to accept the role, then I can see why they didnt include Sheens in the discussion if that is true.

There are postives and negatives to this situation.

Positives - Board has seen a problem in the system and acted on it swiftly.

- McDonnell replaced with someone seemingly with runs on the board.

Negatives - Sheens nose out of joint if true, doesnt do much for morale however you would hope everyone in the club wants whats best for the club.

- The media knew about this before Lee talked about it which means that someone close to Sheens has deliberately leaked it.

- Lee talking about it in the media (although he had less choice in this one).

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@tiger5150 He doesn't have to. Read the following quotes by Lee and Pascoe. Seems pretty clear this was all them and they want everyone to know that.

“The decision was made in the best interest of the Wests Tigers,” Hagipantelis said. “An opportunity presented itself to the board. The board dealt with it quickly, undertaking all necessary due diligence. There was of course a great deal of commercial sensitivity given the gentleman involved was employed by another club, and we were very respectful of that.

The decision was taken to deal with the matter at board level with our CEO. We acted promptly and in the best interest of the club. This is another resource which we’ve added to our football department and we’re very excited to welcome Scott to the Wests Tigers.”

“I do not anticipate there will be any concerns or issues with what is a wonderful addition to our football department despite the efforts of some to suggest that there may be,” Hagipantelis said.

The board and I acted swiftly when the opportunity was presented to us and we believe the appointment of Scott Fulton will be a great addition to the club and the current football program,” Pascoe said.

Also, Chammas gets good gear from WT and he says "The decision came as a surprise to Sheens and his right-hand man, Warren McDonnell, whose role in recruitment at the club has now been diluted."

As I said previously, I am absolutely fine with the hiring of Fulton, and think it's a really good appointment. I'm also glad they've done this on their own because Pascoe and the football department are now tied at the hip - the excuse that he's not responsible for football department matters will no longer fly.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Looks like Liddke will also be dropped from dragons for this week's game 

ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@tiger5150 
Lee on SEN today said they didn’t discuss with coaching staff as it was an addition to the staff that no was being moved on or pushed sideways. 
I believe they didn’t want the hard discussions with Tim and as usual trying to smother now.

should have been straight up to Tim and would be a non story

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@tiger5150 He doesn't have to. Read the following quotes by Lee and Pascoe. Seems pretty clear this was all them and they want everyone to know that.

“The decision was made in the best interest of the Wests Tigers,” Hagipantelis said. “An opportunity presented itself to the board. The board dealt with it quickly, undertaking all necessary due diligence. There was of course a great deal of commercial sensitivity given the gentleman involved was employed by another club, and we were very respectful of that.

The decision was taken to deal with the matter at board level with our CEO. We acted promptly and in the best interest of the club. This is another resource which we’ve added to our football department and we’re very excited to welcome Scott to the Wests Tigers.”

“I do not anticipate there will be any concerns or issues with what is a wonderful addition to our football department despite the efforts of some to suggest that there may be,” Hagipantelis said.

The board and I acted swiftly when the opportunity was presented to us and we believe the appointment of Scott Fulton will be a great addition to the club and the current football program,” Pascoe said.

Also, Chammas gets good gear from WT and he says "The decision came as a surprise to Sheens and his right-hand man, Warren McDonnell, whose role in recruitment at the club has now been diluted."

As I said previously, I am absolutely fine with the hiring of Fulton, and think it's a really good appointment. I'm also glad they've done this on their own because Pascoe and the football department are now tied at the hip - the excuse that he's not responsible for football department matters will no longer fly.

So no quotes from Lee saying he kept it from Sheens? Dont get me wrong, he possibly/probably did, but I dont think its as big a deal as the media are making.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@tiger5150 Apparently he said it on SEN today.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 616 / 939
Share: