Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

The best thing about brooks maybe finding some form is if we are winning some games then it will be easier to recruit a strong 7. 
Moses in this team and we are better than eels imho

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@celtic_tiger if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . I’m calling it a duck.

It’s not personal , but theres enough truths about Brooks bad play , for people to condone making up falsehoods . 
If I think something is rubbish , I’m going to say that’s rubbish . Your acting like I’ve said something super offensive ?

I think you’re being a bit precious mate . 
If my response was over the top , it was only because I found that comment , insulting to everyone’s intelligence ,if I’m being honest.

Nothing personal to Declan , I find him extremely intuitive and respect his opinion , but as I said to him , when say things like that , that just arnt grounded in reality , I question to motivation for saying it , and therefore it undermines what ever they’re trying to say .

If you want to read written text ,as it’s absolute worst interpretation, We’ll that’s on you mate .
But I didn’t mean it that way .  

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@lestronge I didn’t interpret anything, I quoted what you said.

It was offensive language, there’s another Tigers forum if you want to conduct yourself in that way.

As I said pull your head in.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@celtic_tiger are you serious ? What’s the difference between saying a comment is garbage , and you saying pull your head in . They’re both as meh and vanilla as each other . Quote me all you want . 
I’ll say it again . Saying Luke brooks is a bad defender is absolute garbage! 
I’ll go even further . And a distortion of the truth .  
It’s not personal. Just how absolute I feel about that statement . 
He made an absolute statement . I made one back . 

If you can’t handle strong language . Then that’s on you . As I stated already I wasn’t attacking him . I went after that statement . And I even elaborated on why I said it . And what my meaning and intentions were . 
Yet you still , claim some reference to the other forum , as if it’s the same thing as someone calling someone else a pea heart and soft , and happy clapper , and as I was once called a “retart” . Which is still funny and ironic , because that’s not even how you spell the word . And really offensive to me , well , I think it’s common knowledge why . 
Dont sensationalise my comment . Because the things that go on , on that forum , are as you say , not welcome here , but at the same time , Brooks bashing is not isolated to that forum . And if you can come on here and say you think “he’s crap”. And my dog is a better footballer etc type rhetoric , then you can handle someone saying they think that type of speech is garbage . 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Are we really arguing after that great win? Probably should let it go guys.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger_Alex, GreatOdensRaven, lestronge and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If Luke Brooks was a bad defender even his strongest supporter, board member, coaching staff or sponsor would allow him in the side....period.

Brooksy is a top pound for pound defender.

Instead of continually bagging this guy lets rally around him.

He is our half for 2023 so thats it, let it be...sounds like a good song, 

Whisper words of wisdom, let it be........

Forever 9th, Frullens, GreatOdensRaven and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@the-last-ronin

Wynnum-Manly's Tony Pellow will join WT for the remainder of 2023 + 2024. Pellow can play fullback, in the halves and at centre, and has 6 tries and 24 try assists in 23 Qld Cup games since the start of 2022. He'll provide some backline flexibility for the Magpies.

https://thetigers.com.au/club-news/former-dragon-tony-pellow-joins-the-tigers/

TonyPellowSigns 1280x628

KOE it seems mate.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

My pick for 2024 for would be

7. Hunt 

6. Brooks

or 

7. Hawkins 

6. Brooks

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

7. Hunt 

6. Brooks

or 

7. Hawkins 

6. Brooks

If I were to guess feels a bit like Hunt to the dogs. Don’t trust Gould think he’s up to something.

Just don’t want Schuster. We need to strengthen our centres. 

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

7. Hunt 

6. Brooks

or 

7. Hawkins 

6. Brooks

I’ve been hoping for Hunt. He is the perfect type of halfback we need but I’ve just realized he will be 34 next year 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

I’ve been hoping for Hunt. He is the perfect type of halfback we need but I’ve just realized he will be 34 next year 

He’s getting on a bit but his style would suit us perfectly. Throwing Hunt into our team would make us contenders imo

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

7. Hunt 

6. Brooks

or 

7. Hawkins 

6. Brooks

I hope Brooks can continue to play like he did last night, because he was very good. 

851, Tiger_Alex, CanberraTiger and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I was hoping Sheens could de-programme brooks after the Maguire years. I was very disappointed how he started the year but the last month has seen him play a little more what’s in front of him which is encouraging. He still has very poor last tackle options but I think that is more emblematic of the fact that he is not a 7, he is a 6 and as much as I wish he was capable of learning the parts of the game that make a 7 I just don’t think he has the capability. That said I think he is a quality 6 and given the stage of his career we will not be paying “overs” for potential (like a schuster would demand etc). We now have found our #1 and we have quality youth emerging in our backline. You could argue we could do with another strike centre but in the meantime Toa is doing a good job. I wouldn’t change a thing about our pack in the short term but ultimately we need a 13 that can give space to the halves in attack but it’s not hard to imagine Matamua makes that his role by the end of the year. We just need some to have some success this year to get the press off our back so we can recruit marquee talent at 7.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @tiger5150

He’s getting on a bit but his style would suit us perfectly. Throwing Hunt into our team would make us contenders imo

This year, definitely. Next year maybe, the year after that we'll be begging for Brooksy.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

players that I think have improved under Sheens: Toa, Stephano, twal, perhaps even Brooks.

young players that are developing/cementing themselves into the top 17: tupou, Bula, pole.

I know this is rose coloured analysis post a famous victory but the “sheens plan” was to sort the wheat from the chaff, to bring players through from our lower grades and to change the way we are playing and develop a “Tigers style”. I think we are actually doing pretty good with regard to what we have set out to achieve and Sheens may just pull this off.

851, Tiger_Alex and jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 607 / 1060
Share: