Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

My pick for 2024 for would be

7. Hunt 

6. Brooks

or 

7. Hawkins 

6. Brooks

I hope Brooks can continue to play like he did last night, because he was very good. 

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here… would have thought better of you Avo 🙏

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@loganr21 I’m not getting ahead of myself, but if we see a few more games in a row like that from Luke ‘The Butcher of Bathurst’ Brooks then I’ll be a happy man.

851, Tiger_Alex, GreatOdensRaven and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @crowsnest

@mike i thought we had that tonight mike.... reason being is because we owned the middle. That says a lot on the success of halves.

You have a look at the best clubs over the years...they dont get dominated thru the middle and even the edges. Tonight we even owned the edges. Edges win thru thirst.

I disagree on that. We were still pretty ordinary in the red zone with Api taking on most of the responsibility. Can’t leave it all up to him. Brooks had a great grubba in the red zone for Wakeham to score. Bula with the try assist in the 2nd half. Wakeham with a grubba created a repeat set. But to be brutally honest most of the attack in the red zone was ineffective, again. We should have scored 2 or 3 more tries. I am very happy with the win, but we still need to fix the red zone attack. 

851, Eastiemagpie, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Twal tweeting to Nofo: 100 tries between us 2 😂😂😂😂😂

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @crowsnest

@mike i thought we had that tonight mike.... reason being is because we owned the middle. That says a lot on the success of halves.

You have a look at the best clubs over the years...they dont get dominated thru the middle and even the edges. Tonight we even owned the edges. Edges win thru thirst.

I disagree on that. We were still pretty ordinary in the red zone with Api taking on most of the responsibility. Can’t leave it all up to him. Brooks had a great grubba in the red zone for Api to score. Bula with the try assist in the 2nd half. Wakeham with a grubba created a repeat set. But to be brutally honest most of the attack in the red zone was ineffective, again. We should have scored 2 or 3 more tries. I am very happy with the win, but we still need to fix the red zone attack. 

I think you're both right. Our kick metres were great - the halves did their job in that context. They both iced some nice plays. But we were still too clunky in the red zone - passes need to go out in front - our guys are masters at passing to someone standing still. Credit where credit is due but we should have won that comfortably - luckily Peachy stunk it up for them.    

Skippa13 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)

Danny Wiedler just tweeted that Scott Fulton will be leaving Manly as recruitment head to be Tigers new recruitment head.

Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @mike

Twal tweeting to Nofo: 100 tries between us 2 😂😂😂😂😂

That's pretty funny

Top 8 2023

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@loganr21 I’m not getting ahead of myself, but if we see a few more games in a row like that from Luke ‘The Butcher of Bathurst’ Brooks then I’ll be a happy man.

That’s the big question ‘if’ 

We’ve been here before, jury will still be out if he can’t even semi reproduce the ‘butchers’ game. 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @kenny4517

Danny Wiedler just tweeted that Scott Fulton will be leaving Manly as recruitment head to be Tigers new recruitment head.

is he the guy that setup the Blacktown pipeline into Manly?

ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@tigertownsfs Yes he is.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

with Scott Fulton coming here maybe he will be in Schuster ear agitating for a for a swap with talau 

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)

@tigertownsfs yes

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

or perhaps with Fulton coming we might end up with Cooper johns as a swap for talau 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

some red flags in here regarding Schuster….

‘It got ugly’: Manly gun’s teammate scrap as ‘punches were exchanged’ at training

Sidelined Sea Eagles playmaker Josh Schuster has reportedly been involved in a training scrap with a teammate on Friday.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Schuster came to blows with Blacktown Workers player Dean Matterson — the brother of Eels gun Ryan Matterson.

Players and coach Anthony Seibold reportedly watched on as the pair fought before Josh Aloiai reportedly broke the scuffle up.

“As far as I’m concerned it was a non-event,” Seibold said to News Corp.

A source within the club also said the scuffle began in a joking manner before it became serious.

“There was a bit of slapping for fun and then it got ugly and punches were exchanged,” the source said.

Schuster has reportedly been stood down to work on his fitness and nurse a quad injury which has seen the 21-year-old only feature three times in 2023.

The fight comes only days after superstar halfback Daly Cherry-Evans delivered a clear challenge to the young gun.

“Not having any continuity has been hard for the team let alone him having to actually go through it. It’s never a fun time when you’re in and out of first grade,” Cherry-Evans said.

“He’s got some time to work on his body, get himself right and he’s a really important part to this team so I’m hoping he goes away, works really hard and comes back a better player for us and stays in the team.

“... I don’t have the answers to it and I don’t have the answers for him but I know if he keeps working hard - like anything in life - you keep working hard you’re eventually going to come good.”

Speaking to The Daily Telegraph’s Brent Read, Cherry-Evans also had an even stronger message for Schuster.

He said being omitted from first grade should “fire up” the promising playmaker.

“I have been playing long enough to see so many people at this club not maximise their opportunity,” Cherry-Evans said.

“That is rugby league mate – if you’re not willing to work hard enough, if you’re not willing to sacrifice, you just don’t last long.

“He is at a crossroads early in his career but it can be a real positive. This doesn’t have to be a negative for him – spending some time away to get his body right, this could be a defining moment where he takes off to that level we all know he can.”

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 608 / 933
Share: