Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @declan

Andrew Johns also said that Sanders is one of the only halves in the juniors at the moment who could transition into becoming a Nrl standard number 7.

Glowing endorsement

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/how-andrew-johns-came-to-be-one-of-luke-brooks-biggest-fans/news-story/9259615c3ea4803fc31d37c8930a08a1

ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@tiger5150 Brooks was an absolute gun at the time who’s career was destroyed by a terribly run club so I don’t see your point.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@tiger5150 Brooks was an absolute gun at the time who’s career was destroyed by a terribly run club so I don’t see your point.

My point, at a minimum, would be that there are a lot of "gun" 7's at that age and Joey has endorsed more than one who didnt make it for one reason or another. The fact that joey endorsed a 19yo doesnt translate to able to play first grade NRL to the standard that we need.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Braydon Trindall would be the one I would be looking to pick up if we are going to NSW Cup. Has had a long apprenticeship in cup in a winning culture, can goal kick, has some X factor and can manage a game. Seems like a perfect fit for Sheens/Benji. Only 23 but had played plenty if NRL as well and is at the age where he needs to graduate to first grade. Would prefer to give him an off seasons to learn the system our coaches want to play. In reality under the new rules (concussion etc) releasing back up spine players mid season is likely a thing of the past. He would be a relatively cheap option (I guess something like 650k that Hastings was on) so would mean you could go for a marquee mature 6 like wighton.

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/braydon-trindall/summary.html

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tigertownsfs don't think  sharks release trindall with hynes likely in Origin mix

Good old rothfield has an article suggesting dodd should not waste talents at wests tigers lol 

Think Dodd will be the 7 at bulldogs replacing Flannagan 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

@tiger5150 In my view he’s streets ahead of Wakeham and purely from a mental perspective before one gets into other attributes.Hastings has self-belief,poise,and a complete indifference to adversity.He has a never-say-die disposition and will play out the juncture of a game to the 80th minute.He’s never intimidated and plays in the moment and never dwells on a mistake or allows one to permeate his composure.When he first came to WTigers it was palpably obvious.I was rejoicing,Hallelujah we’ve finally found someone to push us around the park.I was in utter disbelief and disgust when we let him go and still am to a point.                                            
  Whatever Brandon Wakeham is,and I don’t want to be disparaging of him,I just don’t believe he has the bearing nor authority to impact the team like JH.I would love him to prove wrong though.

110% correct 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @frullens

Posted by: @garry

Was mentioned today on Triple M as well. Read stated that he hasn't been given a look in this year which is just garbage. This is pretty poor from Talau in my opinion

With player signings, I never blame the player, always blame the club. 

The player has to look out for their best interests.

The club, I'd they want them, has to convince that its in their best interests to stay/sign with the club. Best interests aren't always salary, can be game time, on field success, happiness, off field lifestyle, end of career opportunities, etc

If we wanted him,  we should of signed him for longer than 2 years, when he recommitted at the end of last year.

Sounds to me something has happened, in the background.

either way to the situation, it shows that Tommy has no class or style. Considering this guy has no talent either. Hasn’t really lived up to the hype of our coach either. And you know what coach I’m talking of here guys. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @frullens

the club needs to sign Sanders. End of story

Already have

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/12/14/wests-tigers-partner-with-kfc/

I like it 🤣😅😂

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tigertownsfs don't think  sharks release trindall with hynes likely in Origin mix

Good old rothfield has an article suggesting dodd should not waste talents at wests tigers lol 

Think Dodd will be the 7 at bulldogs replacing Flannagan 

totally agree. All teams in contention (basically the other 16 teams) require spine coverage. At some point though you need to graduate to first grade like O’Sullivan and besides the bulldogs there arent really any teams silly enough not to have a decent 1st grade half. Maybe you could wait for Reynolds, DCE or Johnson to retire but they are all in great form and seem to have multiple years left.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Talau is a dog for what he did but I don’t really blame him. Career suicide for him to stay, the club is just about finished.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs I think k with trindall he will replace moylan soon enough

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast the club isn't finished tha it's a bit dramatic. 

As for talau no big loss if he goes, not sure if he is a centre or backrower or just a utility. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@declan only Sanders we will be getting is the Colonel me thinks..

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast the club isn't finished tha it's a bit dramatic. 

As for talau no big loss if he goes, not sure if he is a centre or backrower or just a utility. 

Not being dramatic at all. If we don't play finals soon I don't see us being around in 5 years. The club won't tolerate a team with such consistently poor performance and terrible administration forever. As someone mentioned yesterday, there are the fans that will hang around because they've been fans for so long but the kids today won't go for the tigers. 

5 years ago the thought of the team not existing would have made me extremely depressed but now it would provide a sense of relief. Being a Tigers fan isn't an enjoyable experience.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Isn’t the talau thing just that we won’t offer him a contract yet and manly will? Manly are trying to force him out by saying the next 2 years are contingent on you getting a release for this year (similar to Hastings?). His manager is trying to get him a contract extension, it’s just the business. As long as we say no and we play him this year I don’t really care that he is asking for a release. The only time you grant one is if there is a benefit to the club and given that he is at least a first grader there would be no benefit letting him go so we just say no and he moves on next year. He’s not a dog, he is just a guy with no job for next year who is 5+ years into his career, has had serious injury in the past and littler success. I presume the club thinks there is more talent behind him so they don’t care next year if he leaves.

if he starts publically calling out the club or not putting in then he is a dog. Noffa is a dog. Alouia/matterson were dogs. This is just a manager trying to get his client a deal. 

Tigerlily, Dirty Reds, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 573 / 933
Share: