Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @crowsnest

Posted by: @tiger5150

this may be the start of an exodus unless we can fix the problems in the club.

That's what I'm worried about. Let's shore up guys like Junior Tupou before he's raided.

We cannot afford to lose these type of players because we have very little in the raw talent department.

Its going to be tough, we are going to have to pay overs for most that we want to keep as well as attracting new talent. We really need to pull out something in the next 3 months IMO otherwise I genuinely worry for the future of this club

Westy81, LoganR21, Kenny4517 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @crowsnest

this may be the start of an exodus unless we can fix the problems in the club.

That's what I'm worried about. Let's shore up guys like Junior Tupou before he's raided.

We cannot afford to lose these type of players because we have very little in the raw talent department.

Its going to be tough, we are going to have to pay overs for most that we want to keep as well as attracting new talent. We really need to pull out something in the next 3 months IMO otherwise I genuinely worry for the future of this club

We’re in big trouble on and off the field and there’s a stack of more pain coming our way.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Kenny4517, Frullens, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@tiger5150 I am too. A few more seasons outside of the finals and it’s really hard to justify our place in the NRL. We’ve gone from being consistently below average to the embarrassment of the league.

Tiger_Alex, LoganR21, Crowsnest and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

How courageous and tough is young Campbell. No fear that fella.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @garry

Was mentioned today on Triple M as well. Read stated that he hasn't been given a look in this year which is just garbage. This is pretty poor from Talau in my opinion

With player signings, I never blame the player, always blame the club. 

The player has to look out for their best interests.

The club, I'd they want them, has to convince that its in their best interests to stay/sign with the club. Best interests aren't always salary, can be game time, on field success, happiness, off field lifestyle, end of career opportunities, etc

If we wanted him,  we should of signed him for longer than 2 years, when he recommitted at the end of last year.

Sounds to me something has happened, in the background.

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

We really need to pull out something in the next 3 months IMO otherwise I genuinely worry for the future of this club

It sounds overly dramatic, but I'm of the same view as you. Once you stink it up so long long,  you hot a certain tipping point,  where players don't think you'll be able to turn it around and won't sign or stay with the club.

These 2 years with sheens were our last roll of the dice. Absolutely must make finals next year to give benji any chance of success in his term.

We don't make finals win the next 5 years with sheens and benji, using WT DNA, we would be on life support

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@frullens @tiger5150 the club really is at the point already where long term viability becomes a question. Players don’t want to come, people’s interest is moving elsewhere, young people think the club is a joke and won’t support them (the 7-15 year olds who will be the future members). I can see that we may not have a club to support in 10 years time. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Watching a bit of non tigers football this weekend and the likes of Moses and Tedesco and thinking about what the club destroyed when then blew up the golden generation. The dinosaurs that fought over the bones of the foundation clubs, the amateurs that have run the club in the last 10 years. All the players that left made the right decision, their careers went further by leaving this club and it’s a toxic cycle now because the strong clubs just get stronger (see the list of emerging halves that would rather sit in reserve grade then soil their career at the tigers). 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @frullens

Posted by: @garry

Was mentioned today on Triple M as well. Read stated that he hasn't been given a look in this year which is just garbage. This is pretty poor from Talau in my opinion

With player signings, I never blame the player, always blame the club. 

The player has to look out for their best interests.

The club, I'd they want them, has to convince that its in their best interests to stay/sign with the club. Best interests aren't always salary, can be game time, on field success, happiness, off field lifestyle, end of career opportunities, etc

If we wanted him,  we should of signed him for longer than 2 years, when he recommitted at the end of last year.

Sounds to me something has happened, in the background.

This situation is different, we signed him to a deal when he hadn't played in 12 months, gave him a chance when no one else was interested and now he requests a release, dog act in my opinion.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger_Alex, LoganR21, CanberraTiger and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

What’s The Buzz: Lewis Dodd warned not to waste his talents with the Wests Tigers

He’s the best young halfback in the Super League and is keen on testing himself in the NRL – but the Wests Tigers need not apply, Phil Rothfield explains why.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/whats-the-buzz-lewis-dodd-warned-not-to-waste-his-talents-with-the-wests-tigers/news-story/67d359f46cebb8489639f1f528f301e2

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

What’s The Buzz: Lewis Dodd warned not to waste his talents with the Wests Tigers

He’s the best young halfback in the Super League and is keen on testing himself in the NRL – but the Wests Tigers need not apply, Phil Rothfield explains why.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/whats-the-buzz-lewis-dodd-warned-not-to-waste-his-talents-with-the-wests-tigers/news-story/67d359f46cebb8489639f1f528f301e2

Without even reading this article it just pisses me off.. Clowns like Buzz complain about us not getting better but when we try clowns like him say stay away.. You cannot win 

Quicker Buzz retires the better 

Westy81 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

yep, we’re becoming untouchable.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

The English Super League’s best young halfback wants to play in the NRL – but has been advised against joining the struggling Wests Tigers.

Lewis Dodd is the 21-year-old playmaker who steered St Helens to World Club Challenge victory over Penrith in February, playing a blinder opposite champion No. 7 Nathan Cleary.

He showed remarkable composure to land the golden point field goal.

The youngster has signed up with NRL player agent George Mimis to look for opportunities from 2025, when his contract is up with the English champions.

St Helens boss Mike Rush says he would advise Dodd to look for a strong club.

“If you go to a Wests Tigers you could be wasting your time,” Rush said.

“He’s still young and has only played 41 games.

“If he came and asked me for an opinion, I’d be happy to give him my thoughts on the better clubs to join.”

Rush’s comments sum up the challenges the Wests Tigers are facing in recruitment.

It is well known in English rugby league that Tim Sheens struggled in the Super League before returning to the NRL.

Rush says his club will reject any attempt to sign Dodd before the end of next season.

“Lewis has expressed a desire to play NRL,” Rush said. “And I’m sure George Mimis will eventually be shopping him around.

“We’d never let him go early because it sets a precedent. We don’t want a player saying ‘you did it for him, why can’t you do it for me?’

The St Helens boss previously advised front-row warhorse James Graham about the positives of joining a club like the Canterbury Bulldogs when he left England.

Interestingly, Dodd could be a serious option for the Bulldogs.

“Coaches like Kristian Woolfe are aware of what he can do,” Rush said, “He’s coached him and knows what he can do. He’s super talented and there will be a lot of interest.”

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Wow! 

Lucky we are a development club

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Page 571 / 945
Share: