Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast the club isn't finished tha it's a bit dramatic. 

As for talau no big loss if he goes, not sure if he is a centre or backrower or just a utility. 

Not being dramatic at all. If we don't play finals soon I don't see us being around in 5 years. The club won't tolerate a team with such consistently poor performance and terrible administration forever. As someone mentioned yesterday, there are the fans that will hang around because they've been fans for so long but the kids today won't go for the tigers. 

5 years ago the thought of the team not existing would have made me extremely depressed but now it would provide a sense of relief. Being a Tigers fan isn't an enjoyable experience.

The NRL would be dead to me without the Tigers.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Isn’t the talau thing just that we won’t offer him a contract yet and manly will? Manly are trying to force him out by saying the next 2 years are contingent on you getting a release for this year (similar to Hastings?). His manager is trying to get him a contract extension, it’s just the business. As long as we say no and we play him this year I don’t really care that he is asking for a release. The only time you grant one is if there is a benefit to the club and given that he is at least a first grader there would be no benefit letting him go so we just say no and he moves on next year. He’s not a dog, he is just a guy with no job for next year who is 5+ years into his career, has had serious injury in the past and littler success. I presume the club thinks there is more talent behind him so they don’t care next year if he leaves.

if he starts publically calling out the club or not putting in then he is a dog. Noffa is a dog. Alouia/matterson were dogs. This is just a manager trying to get his client a deal. 

I can't agree, he didn't deserve a top 30 contract this season. The club took a risk on him and after 2 games he has asked for a release. Sign a contract for next year, I have no problem with that, don't ask for a release after 2 games.

Tiger5150 and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@tiger5150 well I’ve also seen sanders play with my own eyes and he looks good to me. We realistically also need to sign two halves so I would be taking him and Trindall if I could.

851, hsvjones and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@garry I’d still watch some games as a neutral observer.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast Agree at the moment it is not enjoyable but it will turn

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@garry I’d still watch some games as a neutral observer.

State of Origin would be all I watch.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry agree I wouldn't watch a other game I would become like my north Sydney bears mates, to them rugby league is dead they went over to support super rugby or swans

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

NRL Early Mail: Tim Sheens makes call on Adam Doueihi replacement

Adam Doueihi’s season-ending injury has opened up a halves spot at the Tigers and coach Tim Sheens has made a call on his replacement.

Brandon Wakeham is expected to be given a starting reprieve as the Wests Tigers plan for the rest of the season without star five-eighth Adam Doueihi.

Tigers players will return to training on Monday after a few days off with the club having the bye this round. The time away was to allow them to regroup after a horrid start to the year.

Their winless opening was compounded by a career-threatening injury to Doueihi who will be forced to undergo surgery to his same knee for the third time after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

The Tigers have limited options to replace Doueihi, with Wakeham and Luke Brooks the only fit halves available in their top 30 squad.

Veteran Will Smith is part of the club’s NSW Cup side but would need to be upgraded to a top 30 spot to play. The Tigers have one spot left in their roster should they want to fast-track a player into the top grade.

The other option is Daine Laurie. The fullback has been out of the top grade and looks set to play second fiddle to Charlie Staines at least in the short-term.

He spent some time during the pre-season training in the halves but struggled during a short stint there in a recent NSW Cup match.

Wakeham started two games at five-eight in the NRL with Doueihi shifting back to fullback before he was axed ahead of their last-start loss to Parramatta.

The Tigers will train in Mittagong on Monday ahead of their clash against Manly next Sunday.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast Agree at the moment it is not enjoyable but it will turn

can’t see it happening. Clueless coach, clueless administration and a team with the least appeal of the nrl. Without a new 1/6/7 we won’t ever be competitive. We haven’t been in front in a game since about the 13th minute of the opening round. That’s 467 minutes of football.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs so basically they don't know.... either wakeham or Laurie

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast it will i think we will get Sezer and partner him with Brooks for 2024 and see how we go. we will win some games this year it will click and passes will stick

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @garry

I can't agree, he didn't deserve a top 30 contract this season. The club took a risk on him and after 2 games he has asked for a release. Sign a contract for next year, I have no problem with that, don't ask for a release after 2 games.

He was a highly rated emerging player. Yes he didn’t have a contract but he was fully recovered from an ACL and we seemingly offered him a 1 year minimum extension to prove his worth (as we are with the whole squad). He has shown some potential and Benji has said he rated him in the past so we clearly thought he was worth a top 30 slot. I’m surprised that he is looking to sign elsewhere after just 6 rounds but is it a surprise that his manager asks for a release of if can get paid more this year and the next 2? The guy just spent a year recovering from ACL and another month with a broken nose. What if he does his ACL again like Douhie? Yes there is loyalty but this honestly doesn’t seem like a dumb thing for his manager to be doing. To be clear, if I was the Tigers I would reject his request just like every other club does. We don’t need the money or the roster spot this year so unless there is something specific in return that Manly could provide you just say no and ask him to be a professional which is what I assume he would be.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by TigerTownSFS

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs only thingi can think of is could it be swap 2023 for Cooper Johns ?

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast it will i think we will get Sezer and partner him with Brooks for 2024 and see how we go. we will win some games this year it will click and passes will stick

Neither of those players are NRL standard. If you genuinely want the club to turn it around you can’t include Brooks in your plans. He’s part of the problem, not the solution.

Westy81, 851 and Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast not all his fault as a 6 he will work fine with a good 7 next to him. we have 17 players every week it is not brooks fault we lose every week he has 16 other friends in that department that contribute.

As far as keeping brooks I would only want him kept if it is on a 2 year deal for around 750k and as a 6 not a 7 (between him and nofo they still bring in the 180k loyalty discount to the club) I would say a deal will be worked out.

As for Sezer he has played 7 in a GF before so I'd say he is up to nrl level and off contract. 

Other than Sezer you are probably looking at Kyle Flannagan, I wouldn't be too keen on a combo of 7. Flannagan 6. Brooks

Think we are absolutely zero chance of getting  Trindall from Sharks 

As for Wighton think he will end up at Gold Coast, wife's family from there but not sure where they play him maybe fb if they lose campbell or in the centres. A bit of a Scott Prince case allegedly where wife is keen to move home near family so surprised if he stays at Raiders 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 574 / 933
Share: