Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@boonboon dunno mate . When did we sign him ? Maybe they don’t see him as a half ? Or all this sanders talk is waffle ?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Oliver Lawry is probably the junior coming through, at 18 a strong runner can pass and kick goals.

Think he is the plan in the halves not Sanders. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@lestronge Sanders talk is all BS just media drawing conclusions if Moses stays at Parramatta then his parth is blocked and if Moses leaves then he is the great white hope of the Eels

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@skippa13 Crichton a big risk he is a good centre in a very good side  Not sure he is a good fullback. 

Surely Herbie is who we target with Walsh in front of him at Brisbane 

Neither Herb or Crichton have played a lot of fullback last few years, Crichton maybe a bit more but not sure. Both play well at centre so both a bit of a risk at fullback. Not sure how they’d go backing up through the middle and not sure who has the best passing game. Not sure about Welsby either, the game over here would be a big step up for him so he’s a risk but probably cheaper than the other two. Blake Taaffe is one who could do ok if very good halves already there. He’s behind Latrell so an opportunity elsewhere might be enticing for him. Mind you if Laurie improves this year might & Moses is signed they mightn’t need to look elsewhere. Oh, Christ, I’ve got no idea really. 

Skippa13 and CloudyGlock reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@russtutty63 yeah I don't know about taafe think he is a good 14, Dean Hawkibs would be the pick of the souths halved but he is contracted 

thinking we could get Herbie cheaper than Crichton 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @skippa13

Crichton at fullback gives me the same uneasy feeling as when we were looking the fox at fullback. Big money experiment. Mind you, I also felt that way with laurel and he seems to be doing alright…

For the money that Crichton would cost, we need him to do better than Laurie at fullback.

I think Crichton is a supreme athlete, not convinced of him as a footballer, let alone fullback. IMO Manu, Sualii, Farnsworth are ahead of him in the "undiscovered" fullback queue.

Skippa13, Jedi Tiger, Dirty Reds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

With the current talk that Sheens prefers players who can play multiple positions then I believe we should be throwing our hat in the ring for Stephen Crichton.

He's a current SOO rep player who will only improve who can easily cover FB, centre and wing.

No brainer for me.

Except he will receive fullback money. Reportedly already on $700K at Pamfers. Would need to be around $850-900K at Tigers which is a LOT of money for centre/winger.

851, Skippa13, Jedi Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cloudyglock)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@lestronge Sanders talk is all BS just media drawing conclusions if Moses stays at Parramatta then his parth is blocked and if Moses leaves then he is the great white hope of the Eels

Sanders talk is NOT BS media talk, this I can guarantee. Whether he ends up here isnt set in stone yet.

Buttface, 851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@cloudyglock we will see, if he Moses re-signs with Parramatta, Sanders will end up at Belmore with Ciraldo and Gus for sure.

He will not be at concord

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @cloudyglock

Sanders talk is NOT BS media talk, this I can guarantee. Whether he ends up here isnt set in stone yet.

Who is Sanders? And, why do you feel the need to defend him/her with your "guarantees"? 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cloudyglock)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@cloudyglock we will see, if he Moses re-signs with Parramatta, Sanders will end up at Belmore with Ciraldo and Gus for sure.

He will not be at concord

We will see indeed.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cloudyglock)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Posted by: @cloudyglock

Who is Sanders?

Thank you for you enquiry Mercy Rule,

Ethan Sanders is an 18yo halfback at Parramatta who started 2022 in SG Ball and ended the season established as halfback in JerseyFlegg despite being only 18. He was (I think) Aus schoolboys and U/18 Halfback. Dare I say it? Consider by many to be the "next big thing" in halfbacks.

Posted by: @mercy-rule
And, why do you feel the need to defend him/her with your "guarantees"? 

Thank you again for you enquiry Mercy Rule,

Because a couple of pages back I posted, exclusively here, that the club had made an aggressive move on Ethan Sanders as they wait for word from Mitchell Moses. Jedi has since stated that this is BS coming from the media. This of course is a complete affront  and an attack on my integrity, implying that I get my information from the media which I 100% refute and protect my integrity here. Nothing I post here has come from the media.

Thank you for your interest.....

Buttface, 851 and dastigers reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Personally I wouldn’t go anywhere near Crichton.

I’d rather go after Cobbo, this is  a guy who has untapped potential as a full back plus he can play centre and wing.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@cloudyglock hey mate. I’m new here so don’t know who has the inside knowledge but appreciate everyone’s info and thoughts. 

on this one I didn’t get the impression that Jedi was questioning your integrity and it didn’t even cross my mind. Just wanted you to know so you don’t feel bad about it. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Crichton is a top class player and the type of player we should be considering. I don’t mind him as if it didn’t work out as a fullback he is a top shelf centre which is a position we are weak in. 

ReplyQuote
Page 436 / 1066
Share: