Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@momo-amp-medo I do not think Moses is worth that much money … he has defensive issues and goes missing big time , I would not be disappointed if he signed elsewhere.There is no excitement for me for a Moses / Brooks combo , but as you say it is great the club is competing for signatures of quality players .

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@helmesy If you were to prioritise any one player of Moses, Brooks and Doueihi who would you prioritise? I ask this simply by not prioritising any of them you could miss out on all of them. And that probably means paying a considerable amount more than you might want to pay. 
On another note I went to the Christmas BBQ yesterday at Concord and found myself being a little underwhelmed by the squad. Mind you I probably would be a touch more positive if Api, Isaiah, Doueihi and perhaps Bateman would’ve been there.  Given those four could represent approximately a fifth of your cap spend it’s easy to think of the impact they could have. But imo depth not great, at the moment. 

I also asked Sheensy if he was expecting any news in the next few weeks. He said with a grin he was “…hoping for a Christmas present.” Shifty not giving too much away as I expected anyway.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @russtutty63

@helmesy If you were to prioritise any one player of Moses, Brooks and Doueihi who would you prioritise? I ask this simply by not prioritising any of them you could miss out on all of them. And that probably means paying a considerable amount more than you might want to pay. 
On another note I went to the Christmas BBQ yesterday at Concord and found myself being a little underwhelmed by the squad. Mind you I probably would be a touch more positive if Api, Isaiah, Doueihi and perhaps Bateman would’ve been there.  Given those four could represent approximately a fifth of your cap spend it’s easy to think of the impact they could have. But imo depth not great, at the moment. 

I also asked Sheensy if he was expecting any news in the next few weeks. He said with a grin he was “…hoping for a Christmas present.” Shifty not giving too much away as I expected anyway.

Bateman will be announced very soon and we will have an answer about our marquee target.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 and Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

MITCHELL MOSES

Eels administrators fear they’re losing the fight to retain their star halfback. They have tabled a four-year deal which they believe is fair and reasonable.

However, it will fall short of what the Wests Tigers and Bulldogs are willing to offer, which is in excess of $1.2 million per season. Moses has a clause in his contract that allows him to stay with the Eels in 2024, but he has no later than April next year to trigger the rollover. Expect a decision much earlier.

LUKE BROOKS

For the Wests Tigers, this is as much about Brooks as it is Adam Doueihi and Daine Laurie. All three spine players are off-contract at the end of 2023 and the decision to retain Brooks beyond the final year of his 2023 contract will impact how much the club can spare for either Doueihi or Laurie. Do they ask the polarising halfback to take a massive pay-cut or do they sever ties all together? Of the three, in my view, Doueihi has to be the absolute priority. He’s an out-and-out footballer who has the size and skill to be one of the most dominant five-eighths in the game.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

MickeyB and Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Tough question, if Moses comes then you’d probably say Brooks is the priority (ironic given he’s the most halfback of the three), Doueihi would be priority on 2020 form, not 2022 and Laurie hasn’t yet shown what he can do in the halves.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @snake

@momo-amp-medo I do not think Moses is worth that much money … he has defensive issues and goes missing big time , I would not be disappointed if he signed elsewhere.There is no excitement for me for a Moses / Brooks combo , but as you say it is great the club is competing for signatures of quality players .

I too think the money quoted for MM is way over. Spending 12-15% of the cap on one player is too risky except if his name was Munster.

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

Gould apparently reckons Moses isn’t seriously looking at other options than the Eels. I would suggest once again that is his most likely move.

Gus is a straight up liar, that means the Dogs are working out some dodgy deal to get him there, Gus said the Dogs weren't interested in Ciraldo, have never discussed him, said it over and over the media are making it up and the Wests Tigers were desperate offering him a 5 year deal. Next minute Ciraldo signs a 5 year deal at the dogs, same story with JAC, you never believe anything he says

Peter A, Rex2ce, Kenny4517 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @851

Gould apparently reckons Moses isn’t seriously looking at other options than the Eels. I would suggest once again that is his most likely move.

Gus is a straight up liar, that means the Dogs are working out some dodgy deal to get him there, Gus said the Dogs weren't interested in Ciraldo, have never discussed him, said it over and over the media are making it up and the Wests Tigers were desperate offering him a 5 year deal. Next minute Ciraldo signs a 5 year deal at the dogs, same story with JAC, you never believe anything he says

And they need a halfback.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @851

100%  I would not trust Gus as far as I could kick him.. Biggest liar in the game I recon and controls the media to suit him. 

He says Dogs hasn't spoken to Moses is a load of sh#t and they will end up with Moses and Crichton due to some dodgy side deals with sponsors..  

Peter A, Enumerator and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@brookscoin)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tiger5150 I think he’s getting those offers based primarily on where his team is finishing each year. And I credit forwards with success as much as spine players. I don’t think he elevates us into the top 4 and in that case he just becomes another Ben Hunt (or dare I say Brooks) here.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

MITCHELL MOSES

Eels administrators fear they’re losing the fight to retain their star halfback. They have tabled a four-year deal which they believe is fair and reasonable.

However, it will fall short of what the Wests Tigers and Bulldogs are willing to offer, which is in excess of $1.2 million per season. Moses has a clause in his contract that allows him to stay with the Eels in 2024, but he has no later than April next year to trigger the rollover. Expect a decision much earlier.

LUKE BROOKS

For the Wests Tigers, this is as much about Brooks as it is Adam Doueihi and Daine Laurie. All three spine players are off-contract at the end of 2023 and the decision to retain Brooks beyond the final year of his 2023 contract will impact how much the club can spare for either Doueihi or Laurie. Do they ask the polarising halfback to take a massive pay-cut or do they sever ties all together? Of the three, in my view, Doueihi has to be the absolute priority. He’s an out-and-out footballer who has the size and skill to be one of the most dominant five-eighths in the game.

Sheens met Moses and Bateman in the UK back in late October.

https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/1585437531520499715

Then a week later Sheens brings a halt to the "Brooks leaving" stories and he expressly refers to Moses being signed by WT previously under his watch.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-want-luke-here-why-sheens-won-t-let-brooks-walk-without-a-fight-20221105-p5bvtw.html

Then 10 days after that Hastings is released.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/11/16/jackson-hastings-released/

Radio silence pretty much since then until last Friday when we know WT met with Moses.

All of Mitch Moses, Brooks and Bateman are managed by Isaac Moses. WT can sign all of these 3 clients which would be a huge earn for Isaac Moses in terms of commission. Conversely, if Mitch Moses does not sign for WT then WT could turn around and say 'sorry Isaac no deal for Bateman or Brooks. You screwed us on Mitch.'

For all of these reasons I think its more likely than not MM joins WT. Planets are aligning in our favour.

Skippa13, hsvjones, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @garry

MITCHELL MOSES

LUKE BROOKS

Sheens met Moses and Bateman in the UK back in late October.

https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/1585437531520499715

Then a week later Sheens brings a halt to the "Brooks leaving" stories and he expressly refers to Moses being signed by WT previously under his watch.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-want-luke-here-why-sheens-won-t-let-brooks-walk-without-a-fight-20221105-p5bvtw.html

Then 10 days after that Hastings is released.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/11/16/jackson-hastings-released/

Radio silence pretty much since then until last Friday when we know WT met with Moses.

All of Mitch Moses, Brooks and Bateman are managed by Isaac Moses. WT can sign all of these 3 clients which would be a huge earn for Isaac Moses in terms of commission. Conversely, if Mitch Moses does not sign for WT then WT could turn around and say 'sorry Isaac no deal for Bateman or Brooks. You screwed us on Mitch.'

For all of these reasons I think its more likely than not MM joins WT. Planets are aligning in our favour.

I see the logic, just need to have it confirmed 😆

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

@mickb We can only hope it comes together for us for a change... 

My biggest concern is Gus and his behind closed door deals.  He was just this week saying he has not spoken to Moses and now Moses has an offer from them. Don't trust this bloke at all. 

Peter A, Joel Helmes, 851 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

If he signs with the Dogs that looks to me as they will have two identical halves combo.

Hard to see Gus going for that but you never know. That signing would also probably blow their cap not sure that they could still scrape up Crichton money also.

Garry and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Balmain legend Benny Elias says Mitchell Moses should stay with Parramatta Eels​

Dean Ritchie
EXCLUSIVE

He is the Balmain legend who will always hold an abiding love for his Wests Tigers.

But Ben Elias has a strong message for his nephew and Tigers target Mitchell Moses: “If you’re happy at Parramatta then re-sign.”

Moses, 28, comes off contract after next season and is wrestling with massive interest — all worth more than $1 million a season — from Parramatta, the Tigers and Canterbury.

The Bulldogs are also interested in off-contract Penrith centre Stephen Crichton, who the Panthers are trying to re-sign now that Origin winger Brian To’o has been retained until the end of 2027.

Like Parramatta, Penrith are battling an incredibly tight salary cap but still hope to make a respectable offer to Crichton, who is being courted to play fullback at Canterbury.

The Bulldogs may find it challenging to squeeze both Moses and Crichton under their burgeoning cap, as they also look to upgrade five-eighth Matt Burton’s contract.

While the Tigers remain keen on Moses, it goes against Elias’s black-and-gold heart to admit his nephew should remain an Eel.

“My belief has always been that you stay somewhere where you’re happy and life couldn’t be any better for Mitch. Sometimes you have to put family and blood over club loyalty,” Elias said.

“I totally understand Mitch’s dilemma and his frustration over what to do but he’s happy then he should stay.

“Parramatta are a great side so you’re comparing a grand final side with a team that got the wooden spoon. It’s a long year when you’re struggling, trust me so if you’re happy and you know it clap your hands.

“Selfishly I’d love him to come to the Tigers – a club that will always be in my heart – but if you’re after satisfaction and happiness then why shift clubs?

“What’s the saying? Better the devil you know.

“The Eels have been very good to Mitch so I reckon they’re the favourites. Parramatta is desperate to keep him and he wants to win a premiership.

“I get asked every day where Mitchell is going and, it’s only my opinion, but if he’s content, why move? Mitch loves Parramatta.

“Ever since I’ve known Mitch’s father, he has been a tragic Parramatta supporter. Those little things help make your decision.”

Moses has also attracted considerable interest from the Queensland-based Dolphins.

With a young family and now happily settled in Sydney’s inner-west, it appears increasingly unlikely Moses would uproot his life for Redcliffe.

“Mitch hasn’t told me whether Gus has contacted him but I know he is settled in Sydney and won’t leave,” Elias said.

“Any side that doesn’t have a halfback would want Mitchell Moses. Why wouldn’t you? Mitchell speaks well, he’s a great ambassador and a crowd-pleaser.

“I was with Andrew Johns on Saturday and Joey is a real big fan of Mitchell. All those great halfbacks, Joey, Peter Sterling, Johnathan Thurston, they all became great from the age of 26 onwards.”

ReplyQuote
Page 382 / 941
Share: