Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@benji-brasher)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@helmesy thanks …. Tough to get our hopes up as Tigers supporters be nice to get him though …. I remember being told Latrell Mitchell ,was a done deal I got burnt 🥵

This post was modified 1 year ago by Benji Brasher

851, hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @benji-brasher

@helmesy thanks …. Tough to get our hopes up as Tigers supporters be nice to get him though …. I remember being told Latrell Mitchell ,was a done deal I got burnt 🥵

Yeah I wouldn’t be putting my hopes into Moses, once bitten, twice shy.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@helmesy sounds promising as long as Buzz didn’t write it lol …. Any goss anyone I take it the meetings happened today ? If we get him for 2024 I know I’m probably just wishing but be good to get him for 2023 …. The eels wont do us any favours though I’m sure ?

eels wouldn’t do us any favours but if Moses is gone for 24 and they resign Brown and want to make another marquee signing for 23 it’s possible they let him go on their terms.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@benji-brasher)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tigertownsfs I suppose it’s possible the positives we have money , Sheens , Benji , Farah , Centre of excellence ….

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

I think Moses will be a Tiger.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851, Jedi Tiger, Benji Brasher and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

I think Moses will be a Tiger.

Which one? Mitchell or Mbye? 😂😂😂

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Wouldn't it be great to be turned down by two different Mitchells!

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@benji-brasher)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@jirskyr nooooo I didn’t  think of that 🥹

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I just read a fox sports article which outlined the findings from our review last year:

“The club did not make their findings public but_ The Sydney Morning Herald_ reported the six key things to come out of it were: confusion around the defensive structure; an inconsistent attacking structure and too many team changes; Maguire shouldering too much of the coaching load; the club’s struggle to attract star recruits and the need for a much stronger culture.“

I must have missed this being reported earlier, but it’s interesting to read and consider what’s being done to address each.

• Re the defensive structure, I wonder if that was pre or post cayless. We saw some woeful reads in defence out wide particularly (gildart, nofo, etc) but I thought defensively we just lazy/unfit (musgroves efforts, poor line speed and intent)
  • The team changes finding is interesting as I was critical of Madge for not changing the team enough. Outside of injuries, he would barely drop players who were underperforming which was eternally frustrating.
  • madge shouldering the burden was a no brainer
  • star recruits seems to be finally turning and with the coe, I think we can look forward to some better big name signings in the next few years
  • culture is a tough one. Obviously horrible over the past decade, not just because we were losing but just how we’ve treated key players (and coaches: sheens early on; not offering payten a role before his kiwi stint) dedicated to the club. This is the hardest one to fix as it will take time for new recruits to settle and set a tone, but I’ve come round to the idea of benji and Farah driving this in the future.

Peter A, 851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @skippa13

I just read a fox sports article which outlined the findings from our review last year:

“The club did not make their findings public but_ The Sydney Morning Herald_ reported the six key things to come out of it were: confusion around the defensive structure; an inconsistent attacking structure and too many team changes; Maguire shouldering too much of the coaching load; the club’s struggle to attract star recruits and the need for a much stronger culture.“

I must have missed this being reported earlier, but it’s interesting to read and consider what’s being done to address each.

• Re the defensive structure, I wonder if that was pre or post cayless. We saw some woeful reads in defence out wide particularly (gildart, nofo, etc) but I thought defensively we just lazy/unfit (musgroves efforts, poor line speed and intent)
  • The team changes finding is interesting as I was critical of Madge for not changing the team enough. Outside of injuries, he would barely drop players who were underperforming which was eternally frustrating.
  • madge shouldering the burden was a no brainer
  • star recruits seems to be finally turning and with the coe, I think we can look forward to some better big name signings in the next few years
  • culture is a tough one. Obviously horrible over the past decade, not just because we were losing but just how we’ve treated key players (and coaches: sheens early on; not offering payten a role before his kiwi stint) dedicated to the club. This is the hardest one to fix as it will take time for new recruits to settle and set a tone, but I’ve come round to the idea of benji and Farah driving this in the future.

I’m glad we moved him on but I reckon Maguire walked into pretty tough conditions here.

Where they are different is that Sheens is able to take control of the board/CEO more effectively and holds more gravitas among the players.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I feel sorry for Madge. He was really up against it. I was for him staying but I now realise that we needed a massive shift, more than just replacing the head coach. It seems the Sheens/Benji move has completely overhauled the club and he was a victim of that need. 

I will say that Madge handled it with absolute class the whole way. He could have easily turned nasty and have a go at the club but didn't. Frankly, I was waiting for a "tell all" interview for some time. A lot of people could learn a lot from the way he went about it

Peter A, Tiger5150, Westy81 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @canberratiger

I feel sorry for Madge. He was really up against it. I was for him staying but I now realise that we needed a massive shift, more than just replacing the head coach. It seems the Sheens/Benji move has completely overhauled the club and he was a victim of that need. 

I will say that Madge handled it with absolute class the whole way. He could have easily turned nasty and have a go at the club but didn't. Frankly, I was waiting for a "tell all" interview for some time. A lot of people could learn a lot from the way he went about it

That’s a good point, he has acted with dignity 👍

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Eels fans on League Unlimited are hoping the new BMW for Mitch is a sign he’s staying with them 😆

They also reckon the Nathan Brown move to us is being blocked because we won’t give up Jake Simpkin in return.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

I think Moses is taking too long about this and not confident about him being here. If figures quoted are close to the mark I would not support blowing $1.4M of our cap no matter if small % of that is in 3rd party contributions. Just also remembering that he and Brooks didn’t form such a great combo last time they played together.
But at least we are having a red hot go in the player marketplace.
If we miss out I would just go with Brooks, Big D and Laurie halves and wait and turn our attention to a rookie or available experienced half that stands out next year.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

I think Moses is taking too long about this and not confident about him being here. If figures quoted are close to the mark I would not support blowing $1.4M of our cap no matter if small % of that is in 3rd party contributions. Just also remembering that he and Brooks didn’t form such a great combo last time they played together.
But at least we are having a red hot go in the player marketplace.
If we miss out I would just go with Brooks, Big D and Laurie halves and wait and turn our attention to a rookie or available experienced half that stands out next year.

Exactly. The money will still be there to spend as well as places in the roster from 2024.

Getting Bateman and Brown for 2023 strengthens the backrow, that’s my immediate priority.

851 and MOMO-AMP-MEDO reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 381 / 947
Share: