Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

Posted by: @brookscoin

I really can’t grasp this Moses talk. The big clubs have each brought through young halves under a good coach, in a side with a dominant pack of forwards in the past 5 years. Nathan Cleary, Luai, Dylan Brown, Sam Walker, Jahrome Hughes, even Lachlan Illias. We have the good coach, and we are early doors building a good forward pack. It’s not done yet. Don’t waste $1.4 million and go back to what stuffed us up originally. Moses can kick goals, in my opinion he is not the character we need.

The reality is that Moses is the only genuine top level number 7 available on the market right now which we desperately need especially since Hastings departure.

If we fail to land Moses the plan B options are very unappealing.

Theres so much hinging on us closing this deal.

Not getting my hopes up as Gus always seems to get his way.. If it wasn't the Dogs we were against I would feel confident but we always lose out to the Dogs for some reason and I really don't know why as I think our club is in a better position.   Anyway fingers crossed we finally win one v Gus 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I am pretty confident we will get Moses for 2024, with that confident Brooks stays as 6. 

Think in 2024 we will lose AD and Laurie but pick up Herbie F 

ReplyQuote
(@brookscoin)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@celtic_tiger my belief is you can win games without a top level 7 if you are overpowering the opponent in the engine room. Proof of that is kids like Walker and Illias.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy Our forward pack in 2024 will be very strong at least rivalling parramatta pack of 2022. 

I then go Brooks at 6 is as good as Dylan Brown as a 6 at pesent which leaves Moses as a 7 who would be in the top 5 halfbacks in the comp.

Our problem are our centres are not flash and we lack a genuine fullback option hoping Herbie F solves that

851, Joel Helmes and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@super-coach)
Junior Pathways

It was posted elsewhere today that Moses had talks with Parramatta and was basically insulted by their offer and it was now down to the Dogs and us. Maybe fact, maybe fiction, but the same guy also said Moses was keen to join the Dogs. The way I see it, he wants to win a comp and the Dogs are probably closer to the holy grail than we are at present. So if the money is close he will sign for the Dogs

ReplyQuote
(@brookscoin)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@jedi-tiger I think if you really assess that Parra pack man for man we are still well behind. We pinched one of them and added Api and Klem but they were damn good. Shaun Lane is arguably their weak link and he was on fire in the finals.

ReplyQuote
(@brookscoin)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@super-coach if Moses was offended by an offer that was likely in the vicinity of a million dollars plus then it only proves my point that he is another $ chaser who we don’t need.

Enumerator reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@helmesy Whatever the case there’ll be at least 3 clubs making huge offers to him, one or two might be difficult to say no to given his circumstances. He can set himself up financially so that must be a huge consideration. If you were in charge at the Tigers Joel and you were very keen to have him play the next 3 or 4 years what would your offer be? Let’s say the cap goes up a mill or so. And how many years? For the sake of the excercise let’s say you have $4million to fill 7 spots. You’re also chasing Farnworth.

This post was modified 1 year ago 3 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

@super-coach if Moses was offended by an offer that was likely in the vicinity of a million dollars plus then it only proves my point that he is another $ chaser who we don’t need.

Were caught between a rock and a hard place.

We need players to begin the momentum of success and that unfortunately means that we will recruit some players that are less than...

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@brookscoin Let’s say you have worked for a company the past 5 years, you enjoy the work and they pay you well enough but another company gets word of your talents and offers you $20,000 a year more. They’re a well known, less successful company than the one you’re at but are undergoing changes you find of interest. The company you’re currently at is undergoing restructuring and some of your good colleagues have left. You have a $250,000 mortgage still left to pay and you’re now 40 years old, what do you do?

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

@jedi-tiger I hope you are right, it would be great to get one over Parra, who have screwed us over too many times in the last few years

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I don’t like Moses as a bloke, but I think this is off the mark. Moses is in the second half of his career and if this next contract is 3 or 4 years then it will be his last chance to set himself up. If he is getting offers of $1.2-$1.4M then on offer of $1M is basically wishing him farewell which would be disappointing to him  

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

The front-runner to sign Mitchell Moses at this stage is the club that let him go five years ago - the 2022 wooden-spoon winners, Wests Tigers. 

A local junior with close ties to the club, Moses moved across to the Eels in 2017 and it has been a major misfire on the Tigers' behalf, with the halfback leading the Eels to multiple finals series while Luke Brooks continued to struggle.

But the new-look coaching staff of Tim Sheens and Benji Marshall are keen to lure Moses back to Concord in 2024, with a big contract being prepared. 

The Sporting News understands that Moses will meet with Tigers officials on Friday and the club are set to offer him a four-year deal worth approximately $1.4 million per season. 

Moses would likely link up with former halves partner Brooks, who the club have put their faith behind after letting Jackson Hastings move to Newcastle.

The 28-year-old would be coming to a club on the up, with quality signings such as Isaiah Papali'i and Api Koroisau boosting their roster and a brand-new centre of excellence a huge bonus. 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@benji-brasher)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@helmesy sounds promising as long as Buzz didn’t write it lol …. Any goss anyone I take it the meetings happened today ? If we get him for 2024 I know I’m probably just wishing but be good to get him for 2023 …. The eels wont do us any favours though I’m sure ?

This post was modified 1 year ago by Benji Brasher

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Gould apparently reckons Moses isn’t seriously looking at other options than the Eels. I would suggest once again that is his most likely move.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 380 / 934
Share: