Accor/ Commbank 8

CSS 2

LO 1

Allow the option for 

Full membership

CSS membership only

LO membership only

CSS & LO membership only 

it makes the options for members to be able to choose the ground that suits them 

I’ve been thinking this is the way they should go for a while now. It’s the best way to grow the club imo 

to me it is flexibility, the family that works in campbletown and kids go to school at campbletown may not want to be trekking into Commbank on a Friday night but still might attend games at CSS . Likewise the family who lives at Ryde and is a member might not want to trek to CSS on a Friday 6pm game. 

Then you get the diehards who will go to all venues which is awesome

Keep the options flexibly and open and members will purchase what suits them, that is how you build a membership base. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Richo spoke about stadiums in the Behind the Roar podcast today. He cast lots of doubt on LO and say we definately can’t play night games there. He name checked Allianz and talked positively about Commbank but no mention of Accor. He was optimistic on CSS and said they were speaking to council. It definately sounds like if LO is to exist at all it will be in a scaled down number of games. He said we will be playing in the country any more. Sounds like we might be heading towards the 5-5-2 style split with the only question is it Commbank or Allianz.

he said we will know within 90 days what the 3yr fixed stadium split will be.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Richo spoke about stadiums in the Behind the Roar podcast today. He cast lots of doubt on LO and say we definately can’t play night games there. He name checked Allianz and talked positively about Commbank but no mention of Accor. He was optimistic on CSS and said they were speaking to council. It definately sounds like if LO is to exist at all it will be in a scaled down number of games. He said we will be playing in the country any more. Sounds like we might be heading towards the 5-5-2 style split with the only question is it Commbank or Allianz.

he said we will know within 90 days what the 3yr fixed stadium split will be.

LO should always be Sunday afternoon football anyway I reckon... Geez 2 games a year at LO will be huge 

glad we are getting rid of the silly Tamworth game  does nothing but take a game away from members.

would prefer commbank over Allianz purely from a logistical sense 

ReplyQuote
Craegus
(@craegus)
Wests Tigers Supporter

On stadiums the choice between Accor, Allianz, and Commbank would literally be in that order.

Accor is the most central and has the best options for parking, and despite being an absolute cavern, it could be made to feel like our stadium. Public transport is lacking, but for us to use a neutral stadium that is as close to being central to both ends of the fan base it is the best option.

Allianz though further away from those in the Campbelltown area, is the second easiest to get to with the M5/M5 East. Yes travel times makes it harder for people to get to if we have a Thursday or Friday game, but logistically it is far better that Commbank. Also another stadium that could be better tailored to seem like a home stadium as though the Roosters use it, it was always designed to cater for multiple clubs/sports/events, unlike Commbank which is Parramatta first, Wanderers second, then everything else an afterthought.

Commbank is the worst option, it never feels like a home ground, logistics are terrible when driving (which is sometimes the only option for people) especially on Thursdays and Fridays (nothing like being stuck on the Great Western Highway for nearly an hour in traffic). Money is funnelled to Parra if you have to park close at the leagues club, and the stadium feels like it has no soul and has never felt like a home ground. Add to this the poor visibility when playing in the late afternoon and having the sun in your eyes for most of a half. It may not be wanted to be known as Parramatta's stadium, but it is Parramatta's stadium, and we will never be more than a tennant there, it will never be a home ground.

ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

I hate referring to these by the stadiums by their sponsor names.

Homebush or Parra form me.

ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

Best Case scenario, I would like a Parra Stadium style stadium in Campbeltown, Now that's years away if at all.

If the Ticket prices are right and the team is winning, we will have a great crowd where ever we play.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @enumerator

I hate referring to these by the stadiums by their sponsor names.

Homebush or Parra form me.

Stadium Australia, Sydney Football Stadium, Western Sydney Stadium. The sponsors don’t pay me so they can rack off. 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@craegus I had premium tickets at Combank and anyone I spoke to with the same membership only had positive vibes for the place .. the Parra narrative is white noise and nothing else . Travelled there by car for years never paid a cent as if you do not mind a 5 minute easy walk there are hundreds of streets with no parking limitations ! Considering there are few day games there a good hat and sun glasses does suffice!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Craegus
(@craegus)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@snake I have also been a member there, and I absolutely hate it as a ground. The 5 minute walk isn't always possible for me and my family, so we are stuck with the paid parking at the Leagues club. We also have copped nearly 2 hour travel times there from Campbelltown (should easily be able to do it in under 1) which I have never had going to any of the other grounds, and I can tell you that a hat and sunglasses do nothing when the sun is at the wrong position, nor just a hat with the lights at the height they are at (always right in my eyes, and I was in the lower tier and had to sit with my head in a strange position to avoid the glare).

Some may have positive vibes about it, but it certainly isn't everyone. It is a soulless ground (partially due to the club just not putting in the effort, but not all of it), that just doesn't work as out home ground. As much as Accor has major flaws, I actually prefer to be in the empty cavern with low seating rake, that can feel mssively empty, than Commbank.

Even for other sports I have been to at Commbank, the atmosphere just seems to lack compared to the others.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I have young kids so I mostly attend the day games and the members seating at Commbank on a hot sunny day is not great. It wasn’t just the sun it was very hot and sweaty sitting there, not sure it is to do with lack of air flow. The atmosphere at the game last weekend was right up with the best atmospheres I have experienced in a stadium.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

FYI guys, Garry has done an interview with Darcy Byrne re Leichhardt. That pod will drop in next couple of days.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

CanberraTiger, TigerTon, Dirty Reds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @helmesy

FYI guys, Garry has done an interview with Darcy Byrne re Leichhardt. That pod will drop in next couple of days.

i’m sure Gary did a great interview but I find Darcy is full of words but little action. 

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @helmesy

i’m sure Gary did a great interview but I find Darcy is full of words but little action. 

In his defence - he's a mayor of a council. They don't really have many tools with which to create action, at least relative to State/Fed governments. The council's hands are tied somewhat when it comes to LO as they have nowhere near the budget to effect any real change. 

Edit: not defending him per se, more his position, which is relatively powerless in this situation. I don't really have an opinion on DB as I don't live in Inner West Council. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @snake

@craegus I had premium tickets at Combank and anyone I spoke to with the same membership only had positive vibes for the place .. the Parra narrative is white noise and nothing else . Travelled there by car for years never paid a cent as if you do not mind a 5 minute easy walk there are hundreds of streets with no parking limitations ! Considering there are few day games there a good hat and sun glasses does suffice!

white noise ? 

nothing says you are at a home ground quiet like coming out of the ground and seeing the Eel on the side of Parramatta Leagues Club, no surprise given we are in Parramatta

Other problem with Parramatta stadium is your members and premium ticketing is looking straight into the sun for the games, but to be fair Richo's Corporates will have the gun seating and this is what the club seems to want to hang its hat on, corporate offering and not so much season ticketing members. 

One thing Sydney Football Stadium and Homebush have going for it is it is not situated right next door to a competitors leagues club. 

In my opinion it has to be Homebush over the other two choices. 

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@jedi-tiger I think the seating on the Eastern side is definitely a design flaw with the stadium. The otherside being entirely corporate really diminishes the experience for the core spectator. 

personally I’m not fussed by the leagues club next door but can see why others are. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 128 / 131
Share: