Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Albo doesn't mind spending money for a PNG side if he has to. Makes you wonder if Vlandys is in the background going you better throw some at LO Albo 

Like CSS, no votes federally for LO being upgraded

Thus, it’s a total waste of time discussing it. 

Beyond that, any significant update/upgrade will be fought by the locals. 

And, you probably end up ruining all the things that make it what it is.

Move on!

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Albo doesn't mind spending money for a PNG side if he has to. Makes you wonder if Vlandys is in the background going you better throw some at LO Albo 

honest question: what is the politics of the MacArthur electorate? I see it is reasonably comfortably labour (58% 2PP) but it was held by the libs pre redistricting. A 4% swing and it can change hands. Why wouldn’t there be political gain in a CSS redevelopment as part of a plan to regenerate the Campbelltown town centre in light of the massive population growth?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

honest question: what is the politics of the MacArthur electorate? I see it is reasonably comfortably labour (58% 2PP) but it was held by the libs pre redistricting. A 4% swing and it can change hands. Why wouldn’t there be political gain in a CSS redevelopment as part of a plan to regenerate the Campbelltown town centre in light of the massive population growth?

I was thinking it probably safely stays in Labor hands, pretty hard for the libs out there. Think libs probably focus on other electorates like the teal seats trying to win them back. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I was thinking it probably safely stays in Labor hands, pretty hard for the libs out there. Think libs probably focus on other electorates like the teal seats trying to win them back. 

Are their population/cultural reasons why Lindsay (Penrith) electorate is held by the liberals (56%2PP) but MacArthur is permanently labour?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Hypothetic question after listening to how Richo talks about choosing the most lucrative stadium. Is there a scenario where the club plays 10+ games at Commbank? Reasonable train and car access from the southwest (equal to Accor at least), future metro from inner west direct to stadium, massive corporate facilities. Obvious criticisms will be that it didn’t work in the 90s for the Sydney Tigers or really for the WT the last few years (one of the 6 stadiums we would play at each year) but what if we played ALL our games there and there was no other option to be a member at LO or CSS? Would the state government offer a sweet heart deal to get another permanent resident at the ground? Could that work?

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

@gary-barnier What’s your personal view on stadium strategy?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Hypothetic question after listening to how Richo talks about choosing the most lucrative stadium. Is there a scenario where the club plays 10+ games at Commbank? Reasonable train and car access from the southwest (equal to Accor at least), future metro from inner west direct to stadium, massive corporate facilities. Obvious criticisms will be that it didn’t work in the 90s for the Sydney Tigers or really for the WT the last few years (one of the 6 stadiums we would play at each year) but what if we played ALL our games there and there was no other option to be a member at LO or CSS? Would the state government offer a sweet heart deal to get another permanent resident at the ground? Could that work?

commbank ground I think is fine aper from the parramatta leagues club right next door, it kind of never feels like home.

two Tennants in there however I think the state government would be keen on a game there every week so I'm sure a deal would be just as good as Accor

From a bias perspective I live 10 minutes from commbank but if could choose one it would be Accor 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I was a member at Commbank the past few years. It definately didn’t feel like a home ground but it is undoubtably a great stadium. My bug bares:

-members had to sit in the eastern stand which is in full sun. Often the western stand was mostly empty, they need to create a premium members area in the western stand. 

- they could do more to make it tigers colours etc on home ground day. There is digital signage everywhere, make it our colours 

- you have to make it your only home ground. Don’t give people an excuse to stay in the inner or south west. 
- create a special class of membership at the “home” end of the ground, link with the Ambush etc to create a home ground feel. The wanderers have one end reserved for their fanatics where it is standing only in a terrace. This is our new “hill” like at LO and fill it with our most passionate fans and create a point of difference relative to the eels.

-commit to 5 years and then offer Campbelltown a window to win back with a redeveloped CSS.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I was a member at Commbank the past few years. It definately didn’t feel like a home ground but it is undoubtably a great stadium. My bug bares:

-members had to sit in the eastern stand which is in full sun. Often the western stand was mostly empty, they need to create a premium members area in the western stand. 

- they could do more to make it tigers colours etc on home ground day. There is digital signage everywhere, make it our colours 

- you have to make it your only home ground. Don’t give people an excuse to stay in the inner or south west. 
- create a special class of membership at the “home” end of the ground, link with the Ambush etc to create a home ground feel. The wanderers have one end reserved for their fanatics where it is standing only in a terrace. This is our new “hill” like at LO and fill it with our most passionate fans and create a point of difference relative to the eels.

-commit to 5 years and then offer Campbelltown a window to win back with a redeveloped CSS.

commbank is probably the only stadium in Australia where the members are looking into the sun in the day games, that is pretty ordinary. That western stand is just full of corporate boxes even at the parrmaatta games they are used for corporates only.not members. Richo would like the fact the corporates are well taken care of..

would like to see maybe split the following

No magic round home game

LO have 2 games (against non Sydney teams)

CSS 4 games 

Commbank / Accor 6 games 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

commbank is probably the only stadium in Australia where the members are looking into the sun in the day games, that is pretty ordinary. That western stand is just full of corporate boxes even at the parrmaatta games they are used for corporates only.not members. Richo would like the fact the corporates are well taken care of..

would like to see maybe split the following

No magic round home game

LO have 2 games (against non Sydney teams)

CSS 4 games 

Commbank / Accor 6 games 

yeah I am against multiple home grounds. Richo and the mayor have said no games at LO unless investment and I think you have to believe them. I would accept some at CSS as a placeholder for long term planning but we can’t continue to have 3 home grounds (or 4,5,6). I think with Commbank for at least 8 you will get the majority of members on board. Play max 4 at CSS as a gesture towards the south west. That is a decent mix.

members in the eastern stand is absolutely atrocious. I can only really take the kids the day games and it is absolutely baking in the sun. Not a pleasant experience. I think it would be better to sit up high in one of the corners.

I’d go as far as to say 10 games at Commbank is essentially to establish a home ground aura. 2 day games at CSS to give back to the south west (where all our players are from) until CSS is redeveloped 

This post was modified 1 month ago by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

commbank ground I think is fine aper from the parramatta leagues club right next door, it kind of never feels like home.

two Tennants in there however I think the state government would be keen on a game there every week so I'm sure a deal would be just as good as Accor

From a bias perspective I live 10 minutes from commbank but if could choose one it would be Accor 

I think that is an easy fix, develop a partnership with club Parramatta. Promote that as the place to go for home games, put on events that encourage people to attend that club instead.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @garry

I think that is an easy fix, develop a partnership with club Parramatta. Promote that as the place to go for home games, put on events that encourage people to attend that club instead.

ooo I like this idea 👀

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Richos mind is to think as we are a big club.

Setting ourselves up as 100% tenant at Commbank is smart. As puts us with the haves (parra at commbank and Roosters and eventually souths at allianz) and gets out of the have nots (manly, Dragons, cronulla all playing out of suburban grounds and bulldogs playing out of soulless ANZ.)

Penrith are the exemption - with their new ground at Penrith- 

But if we can land ourselves in the group of top 5 Sydney clubs - while only making the finals 3 times in 25 years. Imagine we when we start winning

Agree with Garry - it's a lot easier for HBG to buy/merge/partner with a club in parra than it is to build a new stadium

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Yeah putting it all together I am probably thinking 20k at Commbank and 30k for the absolute premier games is way better than Accor. Screw the eels. If they are have the guts to kill off LO and not allow members to hide in the inner west then it could work

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @garry

ooo I like this idea 👀

I'm an ideas man.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 122 / 131
Share: