Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/03/27/its-a-licence-to-print-money-richardson-opens-up-on-tigers-strategic-plan

looks like Richo now having a go and seeing if Campbelltown council wants to claim the team

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/03/27/its-a-licence-to-print-money-richardson-opens-up-on-tigers-strategic-plan

looks like Richo now having a go and seeing if Campbelltown council wants to claim the team

a full 100% move to campbletown I would reconsider my membership tbh I would prefer some homebover that... I like CSS but I don't want to go out there every home game that abandons the inner west side of the club

but the plus side to CSS is we are not nomads simply at Accor

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

a full 100% move to campbletown I would reconsider my membership tbh I would prefer some homebover that... I like CSS but I don't want to go out there every home game

And sure, just like I opted out of my memberships in 2022/23/24, it won't matter one bit what you (or I) do so far as membership is concerned. I think we all need to get over ourselves a bit and let the (supposedly. hopefully) better leaders of the joint make their decisions based on data and fact, not sentiment.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

a full 100% move to campbletown I would reconsider my membership tbh I would prefer some homebover that... I like CSS but I don't want to go out there every home game

And sure, just like I opted out of my memberships in 2022/23/24, it won't matter one bit what you (or I) do so far as membership is concerned. I think we all need to get over ourselves a bit and let the (supposedly. hopefully) better leaders of the joint make their decisions based on data and fact, not sentiment.

we don't have a lot of membership room to lose tbh if you lose half we are in big trouble

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

a full 100% move to campbletown I would reconsider my membership tbh I would prefer some homebover that... I like CSS but I don't want to go out there every home game that abandons the inner west side of the club

but the plus side to CSS is we are not nomads simply at Accor

He also said on the Bye Round pod that they will expand the south west presence but that didn’t mean they would play their games there

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

He said today that the population in our catchment is scheduled to grow by 500k people over the next 10 years. That is enormous. We already have 9,000 juniors, we could be an absolute powerhouse club and Richo sees this. I think you probably should play out of CSS given this opportunity. You only really need to find 1 or 2  dry strong local juniors a year to bring into the top 30 and you have a conveyor belt of talent forever. This is very different to 1982 or whenever the Magpies went out there. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

question guys, who decides what games are played where, is it the club ?

so the club elected to play 

dragons

Brisbane

raiders

souths 

parramatta

they have given the Campbelltown crowd no excuses to pack the joint with big games, if we are flying we will get some big crowds 

in regards to leichardt 

sharks

gold Coast

Melbourne 

cowboys

manly 

Positives there is manly don't travel and it's  athursday night then you have 3 out of Sydney games so venue wise probably balances out well as not much opposition support

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

He said today that the population in our catchment is scheduled to grow by 500k people over the next 10 years. That is enormous. We already have 9,000 juniors, we could be an absolute powerhouse club and Richo sees this. I think you probably should play out of CSS given this opportunity. You only really need to find 1 or 2  dry strong local juniors a year to bring into the top 30 and you have a conveyor belt of talent forever. This is very different to 1982 or whenever the Magpies went out there. 

plenty of fans have moved out there supporting other teams not wests tigers, population growth does not mean everyone will support the Tigersand go to games and or be members.

As for juniors agree good move the talent is out there 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

plenty of fans have moved out there supporting other teams not wests tigers, population growth does not mean everyone will support the Tigersand go to games and or be members.

As for juniors agree good move the talent is out there 

But if you can catch the next generation of fans through engagement in the community you have a new fan base to built. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

IMG 2333
IMG 2334
IMG 2335
This post was modified 2 months ago by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

IMG 2333
IMG 2334
IMG 2335

Yeah…what a politician 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

It is weird how LO can be so universally loved but also so universally ignored by 3 levels of government. Really shines a light on how governments use money and where.

Joel Helmes and Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

It is weird how LO can be so universally loved but also so universally ignored by 3 levels of government. Really shines a light on how governments use money and where.

Zero political advantage spending money on LO. Zero consequences for not spending money on LO. It’s a do nothing win politically. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @mike

Zero political advantage spending money on LO. Zero consequences for not spending money on LO. It’s a do nothing win politically. 

yes that’s clearly true but kind of sad to see how clinically politicians treat spending our tax dollars. LO will be in the grip of the Greens and the left edge of the Labour Party forever now. Maybe CSS can become more of a contested political environment over time with all the demographic changes out there.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Albo doesn't mind spending money for a PNG side if he has to. Makes you wonder if Vlandys is in the background going you better throw some at LO Albo 

Like CSS, no votes federally for LO being upgraded

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 121 / 134
Share: