Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @mercy-rule

IMO, more of the same Balmain Tigers/Wests Magpies, LO/CSS, divide is likely to spell the death-knell of Wests Tigers as an NRL club.

Playing out of Liverpool certainly would be the end of the Wests Tigers as an NRL club. 

we would just be co sharing with dogs Liverpool would be a big mistake

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

The make up of membership for 2024 will be interesting 

how many just LO ?

how many just CSS ?

how many dual venue ?

I am predicting more LO memberships sold than campbletown  in 2024

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @dirty-reds

@dirty-reds That's a non-sensical post. Are you suggesting that fans who are likely to be upset come from only Leichhardt and the Macarthur region? Wests Tigers fans/members are from all cross Metropolitan Sydney and wider NSW. 

Something innovative, radical and forward looking like having Liverpool as a home-base is exactly what Wets Tigers needs to remain viable, IMO.

The club represents two very large & populous areas of Sydney. The inner west, which is where both of our original stakeholders originated (Balmain/Ashfield) and the Macarthur region which has been home to the Magpies since the late 80s. 

Liverpool doesn't fall under either category and is very much Bulldogs territory, with this proposal literally including land owned by the club/group. 

I understand that our fanbase is spread far and wide (I am a good example of that myself), but if we're going to play that card then there's already a state of the art facility in Moore Park that we could utilise. 

I sympathise with the club to a degree on this issue, as neither Leichhardt nor C'town has the political capital in the area to make the stadium a viable issue. But I can't see how relocating the club's base to Liverpool would help anything. 

would be shocking decision to co share with dogs at Liverpool.

Would be better off pushing for slight upgrades to CSS and LO

Upgrading Campbelltown is the clubs plan. They have even mentioned 4 stages starting with the CoE which will contain a stand. I believe LO minor upgrades. 

will be very interesting if the club survives a move to campbletown, it is a fair distance from COE for a start.

I wouldn't hold my breath CSS gets a big upgrade I think both will get minor upgrades with a junior academy a CSS to capture the juniors. 

I agree it’s a long stretch to get major upgrades at Campbelltown. However at the moment that’s the clubs plan. In terms of how they would survive I don’t know. The way we’ve been performing any change from a split format probably breaks the club unfortunately. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Im predicting the club re-introduces pet memberships for next year, they are going to need to pad the numbers frantically.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Im predicting the club re-introduces pet memberships for next year, they are going to need to pad the numbers frantically.

lol good point 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@snake Yes, self-interest to preserve their pro-Balmain or pro-Wests mindset will always colour the comments and attitudes of some fans of this club. IMO, the club can only survive if it attracts "new" fans and members that don't give a flying fig about links to Balmain or Wests.

As a proud Liverpool local of more than 40 years, before I get accused (again) of self-interest, I repeat that any proposal pitched by Ned Mannoun and endorsed by Lee Hagipantellis rings serious alarm bells, IMO, particularly the 3000 new dwellings that are attached to the stadium precinct proposal. This is, of course, Mannoun's second stint as Mayor of Liverpool having resigned suddenly during his first stint as "authorities" started asking some questions about Council property development approvals and alleged benefits to his family. Wests Tigers have enough governance issues already so I'd be steering clear of any influence from current Liverpool City Council luminaries.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Newcastle has 350k people, Campbeltown and Camden combined is 300k and growing fast. No reason CSS couldn’t support a 30k stadium in line with the one at Newcastle. That is my exact temple for CSS, two new big stands built progressively with COE at one end and hill and leagues club at the other

Barra and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Newcastle has 350k people, Campbeltown and Camden combined is 300k and growing fast. No reason CSS couldn’t support a 30k stadium in line with the one at Newcastle. That is my exact temple for CSS, two new big stands built progressively with COE at one end and hill and leagues club at the other

And eventually play all WT home games from CSS? Personally, I'd be fine with that. You do know that Wests Campbelltown (the leagues club you refer to) contribute zero dollars to the current Wests Tigers NRL program? So, I don't see that as a selling point.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tiger5150

I’ll be encouraging my dog to support another club 

Tiger5150 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

And eventually play all WT home games from CSS? Personally, I'd be fine with that. You do know that Wests Campbelltown (the leagues club you refer to) contribute zero dollars to the current Wests Tigers NRL program? So, I don't see that as a selling point.

yes I know that. They do contribute to the local juniors however so they are part of the broader wests tigers community and their success is our success. Currently we have no game day leagues club experience so it’s not like we will be losing out on income we currently get. I find it mildly amusing that we have returned to 5/5 split 25 years after we became a JV. It’s like nothing has been accomplished in 25 years. Inner West Council wants to maintain maximum games for minimum investment. Campbelltown needs to find a way to value capture a redevelopment of CSS and convince the club to play 10 games there 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigertownsfs Your statement of nothing has been achieved in 25 yrs with the 5&5 split next season is the truest statement so far on this thread … the club is back to square one after 25 yrs . No one in the past 25 yrs has had any vision for the future ,the club lives and breaths the past hence back where it all started unbelievable to be frank .The talk of all games at Campbelltown will end the same way as it ended for the Magpies with relocation or eradication , no one will ever convince me that that is the solution .. the Weststigers are an inner city club it’s roots are there all it’s businesses are there .

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @snake

@tigertownsfs Your statement of nothing has been achieved in 25 yrs with the 5&5 split next season is the truest statement so far on this thread … the club is back to square one after 25 yrs . No one in the past 25 yrs has had any vision for the future ,the club lives and breaths the past hence back where it all started unbelievable to be frank .The talk of all games at Campbelltown will end the same way as it ended for the Magpies with relocation or eradication , no one will ever convince me that that is the solution .. the Weststigers are an inner city club it’s roots are there all it’s businesses are there .

What is the solution? If the club were to go all in on one stadium where would it be? 

SFS is probably the most suitable especially if we are saying inner west is the core market. 

Homebush isn’t ideal for club games however location works. 

Parramatta was on the nose for a lot of fans. Personally I think it’s a great stadium and it doesn’t bother me that Parra leagues is next door. 

Rebuild at Campbelltown or new build at Liverpool are both pipe dreams at the moment. Same goes for any major works at Leichhardt. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

@the-last-ronin I personally don’t think it would be a problem to build roots in the inner and outer south west and then play all games at SFS. The facility is absolutely outstanding in all regards and the recent talk of extending the western metro to Moore park would only improve the access significantly. If we were ever to do that it would have been 2024 in my view and instead we go back to the year 2000.

if I ran the club I would:

1) appoint and experienced influential board of oversight (not to run the club)

2) hold the CEO to account (happy for Pascoe to continue if he is doing a good job)

3) 10 games at SFS, one Sunday game at both LO and CSS

4) produce a Wests and Balmain Heritage jersey each year (would sell like hot cakes) and absolutely embrace the history of both clubs (like what easts and souths do)

5) go all in on local juniors and show them a pathway to the bright lights of Sydney.

Mercy Rule, Snake and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@the-last-ronin I personally don’t think it would be a problem to build roots in the inner and outer south west and then play all games at SFS. The facility is absolutely outstanding in all regards and the recent talk of extending the western metro to Moore park would only improve the access significantly. If we were ever to do that it would have been 2024 in my view and instead we go back to the year 2000.

if I ran the club I would:

1) appoint and experienced influential board of oversight (not to run the club)

2) hold the CEO to account (happy for Pascoe to continue if he is doing a good job)

3) 10 games at SFS, one Sunday game at both LO and CSS

4) produce a Wests and Balmain Heritage jersey each year (would sell like hot cakes) and absolutely embrace the history of both clubs (like what easts and souths do)

5) go all in on local juniors and show them a pathway to the bright lights of Sydney.

I’m on board for this. The stadium is amazing. 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@the-last-ronin The SFS is the way to go  .. the small mindedness of many Re Comm bank is ridiculous your own taxes built the place for your use !!! What a great stadium and central, the pettiness is breathtaking! The club needs to grow a set and set the Weststigers up for the future and start thinking like big boys , not thinking about making the numbers up is ok .

ReplyQuote
Page 102 / 134
Share: