Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@mercy-rule Unfortunately self interest rules any logical discussion on this matter .. In a situation like this an organisation says this is what’s happening follow us if you like if not we’ll and good .. deep down most know one ground is required for the club to have its own identity.

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@dirty-reds That's a non-sensical post. Are you suggesting that fans who are likely to be upset come from only Leichhardt and the Macarthur region? Wests Tigers fans/members are from all cross Metropolitan Sydney and wider NSW. 

Something innovative, radical and forward looking like having Liverpool as a home-base is exactly what Wets Tigers needs to remain viable, IMO.

The club represents two very large & populous areas of Sydney. The inner west, which is where both of our original stakeholders originated (Balmain/Ashfield) and the Macarthur region which has been home to the Magpies since the late 80s. 

Liverpool doesn't fall under either category and is very much Bulldogs territory, with this proposal literally including land owned by the club/group. 

I understand that our fanbase is spread far and wide (I am a good example of that myself), but if we're going to play that card then there's already a state of the art facility in Moore Park that we could utilise. 

I sympathise with the club to a degree on this issue, as neither Leichhardt nor C'town has the political capital in the area to make the stadium a viable issue. But I can't see how relocating the club's base to Liverpool would help anything. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @dirty-reds

@dirty-reds That's a non-sensical post. Are you suggesting that fans who are likely to be upset come from only Leichhardt and the Macarthur region? Wests Tigers fans/members are from all cross Metropolitan Sydney and wider NSW. 

Something innovative, radical and forward looking like having Liverpool as a home-base is exactly what Wets Tigers needs to remain viable, IMO.

The club represents two very large & populous areas of Sydney. The inner west, which is where both of our original stakeholders originated (Balmain/Ashfield) and the Macarthur region which has been home to the Magpies since the late 80s. 

Liverpool doesn't fall under either category and is very much Bulldogs territory, with this proposal literally including land owned by the club/group. 

I understand that our fanbase is spread far and wide (I am a good example of that myself), but if we're going to play that card then there's already a state of the art facility in Moore Park that we could utilise. 

I sympathise with the club to a degree on this issue, as neither Leichhardt nor C'town has the political capital in the area to make the stadium a viable issue. But I can't see how relocating the club's base to Liverpool would help anything. 

would be shocking decision to co share with dogs at Liverpool.

Would be better off pushing for slight upgrades to CSS and LO

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I believe the review may contain recommendations Re home ground strategy.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mike

@mike Sorry man, I based my post on knowledge of the current and future growth trajectory of the Liverpool City Council area. By all means stick to your ghost stadium comment but from my 20 years + membership of WT, I know ghost stadium atmosphere and that is what CSS currently provides.

So funny, can’t stop laughing.

Well, you can counter my comments with facts if you prefer. 

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@mercy-rule it’s Liverpool ? For one thing. It may have growth , but I no longer see the point in it being a stadium of choice. even though the mayor has been trying for years to get  Parramatta 2.0 going there . 
Ctown has to be the upgrade location. It’s cheaper to renovate C town/ upgrade . 
It services 2 major sporting teams in the Bulls and Us .

It’s in our actual heartland , (which geographically includes Liverpool ) , and the COE Academy  is being built there.

Knowledge base ; someone who grew up there , played footy in the region , went to westsfield livo when I wanted to jig school.
  Because apparently if you live there or lived there , you have more knowledge than everyone . 
The CBD of livo is a shit fiight just for reference , one way streets , that for some reason funnel thier way to the train station, for some serious choke points . 
Newbridge road floods at the mere mention of rain , so a main artery is underwater a lot . 
And a big reason , is I don’t understand why we are building a 20k stadium , that’s daft to me . It needs to be 25-30k. 
The only thing livo does have , is it still feels like apart of old Sydney . 
Even though it’s 10 minutes down the Hume to C town , C town has always had a feel of being in the sticks . Which is one of those weird Sydney opinions ,  that’s has no weight in reality ar all .another is Penrith is soo far from ctown . It’s literally 20 mins down northern road just to digress lol 

All I’m going to say , is if we do choose Livo , then abandon the COE at ctown move it to livo and just move the HQ of the Wests corridor to livo . Otherwise we will be stretched way to thin , and it will be near on impossible to not have extreme Silos , and a compartmentalised club , even worse than it is now . 
But I still think a ctown upgrade has to be the number one goal of the club. This livo stuff is a pipe dream of thier mayor . 

This post was modified 7 months ago 2 times by lestronge

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@the-last-ronin So, you clearly know nothing about Liverpool. It is a much more viable option than trying to squeeze more from the decaying lemon that is Leichhardt and Campbelltown.

You’re a bit overly attached to the idea of Liverpool because you live there. And I get it, I live close to Parramatta these days and enjoyed the 10 minute drive to the game however understand it’s not best for the club 

Good grief, the thought that you think you know the basis for my comments is troublesome. And, as usual from you,  ill informed.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

This is next level bizarre. Aren’t we building an academy at CSS as the beginning or a larger redevelopment there? Also 20k is too small!!! We already have 20k members, you will lose some if you heavily reduce LO games but you have to assume that we will have many more than 20k members in the next decade so locking yourself into one of the smallest stadiums in  the country would be suicide.

i know nothing of Liverpool, not sure if I have ever been there but given it is right next to bulldogs territory it scares the hell out of me that we would likely end up sharing that stadium with the bulldogs as they are ruthless and we are lambs to the slaughter 

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@tigertownsfs just for reference the bulldogs stuff , Cabramatta is parra territory , and so is Caramar  Pats Fairfield. 
I think Moorebank Rams are Bulldogs affiliate , but I swear at one point they were wests . I remember playing them as a kid . 
My point is Liverpool has all 3 clubs right there on the door step . It’s the extreme of all 3 territories . 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lestronge

@mercy-rule it’s Liverpool ? For one thing. It may have growth , but I no longer see the point in it being a stadium of choice. even though the mayor has been trying for years to get  Parramatta 2.0 going there . 
Ctown has to be the upgrade location. It’s cheaper to renovate C town/ upgrade . 
It services 2 major sporting teams in the Bulls and Us .

It’s in our actual heartland , (which geographically includes Liverpool ) , and the COE Academy  is being built there.

Knowledge base ; someone who grew up there , played footy in the region , went to westsfield livo when I wanted to jig school.
  Because apparently if you live there or lived there , you have more knowledge than everyone . 
The CBD of livo is a shit fiight just for reference , one way streets , that for some reason funnel thier way to the train station, for some serious choke points . 
Newbridge road floods at the mere mention of rain , so a main artery is underwater a lot . 
And a big reason , is I don’t understand why we are building a 20k stadium , that’s daft to me . It needs to be 25-30k. 
The only thing livo does have , is it still feels like apart of old Sydney . 
Even though it’s 10 minutes down the Hume to C town , C town has always had a feel of being in the sticks . Which is one of those weird Sydney opinions ,  that’s has no weight in reality ar all .another is Penrith is soo far from ctown . It’s literally 20 mins down northern road just to digress lol 

All I’m going to say , is if we do choose Livo , then abandon the COE at ctown move it to livo and just move the HQ of the Wests corridor to livo . Otherwise we will be stretched way to thin , and it will be near on impossible to not have extreme Silos , and a compartmentalised club , even worse than it is now . 
But I still think a ctown upgrade has to be the number one goal of the club. This livo stuff is a pipe dream of thier mayor . 

Like you, I have zero regard or confidence in the workings of LCC Mayor, Ned Mannoun. Zero.

But, unlike you, I am a LCC rate-payer. So I feel more entitled to comment on the relative merits of Liverpool as a future host of WT home games and governance. IMO, more of the same Balmain Tigers/Wests Magpies, LO/CSS, divide is likely to spell the death-knell of Wests Tigers as an NRL club.

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Upgrading Campbelltown is the clubs plan. They have even mentioned 4 stages starting with the CoE which will contain a stand. I believe LO minor upgrades. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @mike

@mike Sorry man, I based my post on knowledge of the current and future growth trajectory of the Liverpool City Council area. By all means stick to your ghost stadium comment but from my 20 years + membership of WT, I know ghost stadium atmosphere and that is what CSS currently provides.

So funny, can’t stop laughing.

Well, you can counter my comments with facts if you prefer. 

The facts you quoted, there wasn’t any, just your say so. You live there, I get it. Future trajectory can change very quickly. But for me, no thanks. A new airport will make zero difference to the following of the Wests Tigers, as will any growth in population of the Liverpool council area. It’s irrelevant. The thing remains, it’s a bitch of a place to get in and out of and will remain so indefinitely. Having a stadium there would only make it worse. Campbelltown on the other hand is very easy to get in and out of and the current stadium has room to expand. Campbelltown is the future. But hey enjoy Liverpool. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

IMO, more of the same Balmain Tigers/Wests Magpies, LO/CSS, divide is likely to spell the death-knell of Wests Tigers as an NRL club.

Playing out of Liverpool certainly would be the end of the Wests Tigers as an NRL club. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Upgrading Campbelltown is the clubs plan. They have even mentioned 4 stages starting with the CoE which will contain a stand. I believe LO minor upgrades. 

will be very interesting if the club survives a move to campbletown, it is a fair distance from COE for a start.

I wouldn't hold my breath CSS gets a big upgrade I think both will get minor upgrades with a junior academy a CSS to capture the juniors. 

ReplyQuote
Page 101 / 131
Share: