Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mike

20K stadium @ Liverpool has raised its ugly head again. This has the Chairman, whose office is in Liverpool, all over it. I’d say a desperate attempt to stay relevant. They need to expand Campbelltown instead, Campbelltown is a more viable option.

As someone who grew up going to Leichhardt and lived in the Inner West for years I believe the future is most at Campbelltown with 2 or 3 at Leichhardt each year. Especially if Campbelltown can get an up grade. Liverpool makes not sense to me at all. It’s like trying to start all over again 

lestronge and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@the-last-ronin Reality is one home ground not three games here and there .. it’s either all in or nothing IMO!

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @snake

@the-last-ronin I think help build is the narrative… Liverpool I suppose is no man’s land in between inner and outer so I suppose if they can jag a Stadium there the club could finally have a home . Transport would be a major issue though … but in saying that those of us that see a future only with one home ground this has to be at least looked at .

I don’t think Liverpool is viable, transport looks difficult from most locations. It’s not a hub people are use to going to. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@the-last-ronin Reality is one home ground not three games here and there .. it’s either all in or nothing IMO!

I think if we did something like the Bulldogs do with Belmore it could work especially for low drawing teams. Campbelltown would need a significant upgrade otherwise yes go all in on a proper stadium elsewhere 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@the-last-ronin Research? Maybe nothing more than the reality that Liverpool City Council (LCC) area is one of the most significant growth areas in NSW, there is a new International Airport due to open in 2026 within LCC boundaries, the proposed site is within reasonable walking distance of Liverpool Station and easily serviced by a shuttle-bus type arrangement, it is ripe for the picking in terms of new fans/members who are not currently financially attached to an NRL club, it breaks the nexus of Balmain/Western Suburbs clubs' choke hold on the future Wests Tigers brand, and Harry Triguboff (a Tigers man) has built and recently opened a Meriton Apartments complex in the Liverpool CBD

What's not to like about it??

Apart from the fact that the proposal supposedly involves Lee Hagipantellis (with his Brydens offices in Liverpool) and the ....ummmm... let's just say, redoubtable Liverpool Mayor, Ned Mannoun.

So, I also have reservations. But based on knowledge as a Liverpool local not some ill-informed comment such as yours.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Liverpool would be the end for me I think. 

Would upset both the inner west and MacArthur fans, a real worst of all worlds solution. If the current board are seriously pushing for this option they need to be removed immediately. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@the-last-ronin I think help build is the narrative… Liverpool I suppose is no man’s land in between inner and outer so I suppose if they can jag a Stadium there the club could finally have a home . Transport would be a major issue though … but in saying that those of us that see a future only with one home ground this has to be at least looked at .

No it doesn’t. It distracts from where the actual development should be and that is Campbelltown. All effort should be there to encourage the development of Campbelltown. This just weakens the political argument for Campbelltown. Disgraceful move by the club in the middle of a review. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@the-last-ronin So, you clearly know nothing about Liverpool. It is a much more viable option than trying to squeeze more from the decaying lemon that is Leichhardt and Campbelltown.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@the-last-ronin So, you clearly know nothing about Liverpool. It is a much more viable option than trying to squeeze more from the decaying lemon that is Leichhardt and Campbelltown.

That is just laughable. Campbelltown is where we should be. Liverpool will end up a ghost stadium. It’s ok if you live there, but it’s a horrible place to get in and out of. I know, I have to go there on a semi-regular basis.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Liverpool would be the end for me I think. 

Would upset both the inner west and MacArthur fans, a real worst of all worlds solution. If the current board are seriously pushing for this option they need to be removed immediately. 

Couldn’t agree more. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@dirty-reds That's a non-sensical post. Are you suggesting that fans who are likely to be upset come from only Leichhardt and the Macarthur region? Wests Tigers fans/members are from all cross Metropolitan Sydney and wider NSW. 

Something innovative, radical and forward looking like having Liverpool as a home-base is exactly what Wets Tigers needs to remain viable, IMO.

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

@dirty-reds That's a non-sensical post. Are you suggesting that fans who are likely to be upset come from only Leichhardt and the Macarthur region? Wests Tigers fans/members are from all cross Metropolitan Sydney and wider NSW. 

Something innovative, radical and forward looking like having Liverpool as a home-base is exactly what Wets Tigers needs to remain viable, IMO.

Too funny for words. Liverpool will never work. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@mike Sorry man, I based my post on knowledge of the current and future growth trajectory of the Liverpool City Council area. By all means stick to your ghost stadium comment but from my 20 years + membership of WT, I know ghost stadium atmosphere and that is what CSS currently provides.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

You’re a bit overly attached to the idea of Liverpool because you live there. And I get it, I live close to Parramatta these days and enjoyed the 10 minute drive to the game however understand it’s not best for the club 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

@mike Sorry man, I based my post on knowledge of the current and future growth trajectory of the Liverpool City Council area. By all means stick to your ghost stadium comment but from my 20 years + membership of WT, I know ghost stadium atmosphere and that is what CSS currently provides.

So funny, can’t stop laughing.

ReplyQuote
Page 100 / 134
Share: