Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Broncos Rd 8 2024

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

My one word is ‘Weststigers’

Just a typical performance I’ve seen numerous times in the last 10 or so years. 
Kinda over it to be honest!!! Can’t see much light out of the never ending tunnel.

Keep steering the right path

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)
Junior Pathways

Predictable 

It was clear to see even before the game we were going to be defeated by the best team in the competition.

Predictable we performed well for a half and then fell away 

Predictable we got some terrible calls at the wrong time from the referees.

Predictable most Tigers supporters want to blame someone coach, players including me!

But in reality they gave effort, didn’t give up, they know where their weaknesses are and will correct them.

Predictable I will be following them next week that all these weaknesses will be fixed but to be honest they do need time to fix the errors and change the squad.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

My word is outclassed.

We have played the 2 teams that made the grand final last year and are the best teams by a long way. We put up a bit of a fight but it could have been much much worse. Look at the other scorelines. It is taking time to turn the club around, everyone talked about needing to be patient and we are just in that phase 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

For word would be: foundation 

watching the last few games I feel Benji is really working on getting the foundations right. He wants them to be doing the basics naturally as a unit. things like getting up in defence, pressuring the opposition when they’re coming off their goal line, getting to the kick, kicking to defend. He’s stripping everything back so that once we are doing those things for 80 we can add some more diversity and flare. 

we are coming from so far behind the pack the last couple of seasons that a complete overhaul of habits is required. 

Tiger5150, Joel Helmes, Kades79 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I’m not too worried about losing to panthers and broncos. As pointed out these are two of the best teams in the comp (though Cleary didn’t play) and as a bottom 4 team we would have to play at 100% of our capacity with no mistakes and some luck and they would have ti have had an off night for us to win. That has been the case for several years now. What devastated me was how we were trampled by the dragons, a team that has been flogged his year by other teams and is going to finish towards the bottom of the table. That is the thing that characterises WT football the last several years - try hard against the best teams and lose courageously and get flogged by the team we are meant to beat. That is the thing that has been the most difficult to deal with and the thing that has yet to give me any hope that we will be a competitive football team any time soon. Until we start regularly being able to beat bottom 8 teams we are no chance of making the finals and for every close win we jag against a top 8 team, if we throw away an easy 2 against a bottom 8 team then it is all for nothing. The pack continues to do its job but I worry that another month of this inability to execute anything in attack when presented with possession and field position and the pack will give up again like last year. This week against the bulldogs is an enormous game. It is a must win game or our season is over.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kades79)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Serious question.. Who is our Offense Coach??   Is it Farah?? If so, that explains a lot..  Very middle of the field orientated and very little width. We did have some good moments when the ball went wide, at least we got forward movement. Many people have critised Ice but he is doing a heap of defense and has little left in attack. Alaimalo looked solid for his debut game. Staines had a go with a couple of good runs finally and bagged two..  But, our offensive coach needs to be better..

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tgrzmn

@tiger5150 I also think Latu was no good at hooker. If or when that happens again he should go to 7 and Sezer to 9 if we don't actually bite the bullet and start him at 7. What is there to lose at this stage?

There is a lot to lose actually. The last two weeks we played last years GF teams and we were always going to do it tough against them and neither of them pumped us. The next two weeks are critical for our season. Dogs and then Knights. Two games that we really need to win to set our season up. Now is not the time to throw caution to the wind. Now is the time to get back to what got us wins against Parra and Sharks and Sezer was a big part of that. prior to the Panthers game Sezer has been one of our best.

6.Galvin

7 Sezer

14 Latu - but give him a run in the halves

Yes, I think the next few games will tell us a lot more about the team than these past 2 games although I do like the way we fight for 80 mins. That’s the first habit this team needs to have before anything else. Grow that mental & physical toughness that sees them fight for 80 mins. The other parts will take more time considering where we are coming from & where we want to be plus having so many young, inexperienced players in our top 30.  If we can continue to fight for 80 mins then games against teams who are looking at that 7th & 8th spot this year are winnable. We might not win them all but we could win more than we lose. Playing the full 80 mins isn’t the only factor but it’s a big one & we seem to be doing ok. 

Tiger5150, Mike, CanberraTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @russtutty63

@tiger5150 I also think Latu was no good at hooker. If or when that happens again he should go to 7 and Sezer to 9 if we don't actually bite the bullet and start him at 7. What is there to lose at this stage?

There is a lot to lose actually. The last two weeks we played last years GF teams and we were always going to do it tough against them and neither of them pumped us. The next two weeks are critical for our season. Dogs and then Knights. Two games that we really need to win to set our season up. Now is not the time to throw caution to the wind. Now is the time to get back to what got us wins against Parra and Sharks and Sezer was a big part of that. prior to the Panthers game Sezer has been one of our best.

6.Galvin

7 Sezer

Yes, I think the next few games will tell us a lot more about the team than these past 2 games although I do like the way we fight for 80 mins. That’s the first habit this team needs to have before anything else. Grow that mental & physical toughness that sees them fight for 80 mins. The other parts will take more time considering where we are coming from & where we want to be plus having so many young, inexperienced players in our top 30.  If we can continue to fight for 80 mins then games against teams who are looking at that 7th & 8th spot this year are winnable. We might not win them all but we could win more than we lose. Playing the full 80 mins isn’t the only factor but it’s a big one & we seem to be doing ok. 

It’s all about the 1% at this stage. 
pushing up when you’re tired 

not giving up on the play 

fighting in every tackle 

the little things that make the big things possible 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

6.Galvin

7 Sezer

fighting in every tackle 

Yes it is. Make it become a habit, a part of your culture. If you don’t then you will always be unsuccessful. Other factors will contribute to a successful footy team but you can have a squad bristling with talent but if they aren’t willing to keep fighting no matter what the scoreline they won’t get far. I think we’re seeing some positive signs that we’re getting there but how mentally tough will we be come round 20? Hopefully we’re consistently in that fight. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Is it just me or is David Klemmer our best prop this year? I liked what Stef was doing first 4 or so games but last couple there’s been a drop off. Not sure why but I wouldn’t be surprised if there might be other thoughts in his mind regarding his future. Only takes a small distraction at this level to see a player not perform at their best. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Is it just me or is David Klemmer our best prop this year? I liked what Stef was doing first 4 or so games but last couple there’s been a drop off. Not sure why but I wouldn’t be surprised if there might be other thoughts in his mind regarding his future. Only takes a small distraction at this level to see a player not perform at their best. 

Yeah I thought Klemmer out played Stef. Stefano is not consistent enough, he won’t make the SOO squad unless there are massive injuries. He’s way down the pecking order for me. 

LoganR21 and Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@kades79 Surely the attack coach must be Marshall? He sure as hell couldn't be the defensive coach, that was never a strength of his. Maybe Morris and Marshall (and less so, Farah) plan the attack plays together?

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @mike

Yeah I thought Klemmer out played Stef. Stefano is not consistent enough, he won’t make the SOO squad unless there are massive injuries. He’s way down the pecking order for me. 

I think the positive to take out of it is Klem is 31 this year & has played 160 more games than Stef, 8 more seasons pretty much. So the best of Stef is still to come although he may not become the $1 million dollar prop we’d like, he could still be very handy.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Russtutty63

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mike

I think the positive to take out of it is Klem is 31 this year & has played 160 more games than Stef, 8 more seasons pretty much. So the best of Stef is still to come although he may not become the $1 million dollar prop we’d like, he could still be very handy.

Agree. The future is looking good for Stef but not SOO material this year I’m afraid. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

6.Galvin

7 Sezer

fighting in every tackle 

I just think if the team continues to lose, it’s going to be very tough for Marshall to get this team up. Next 2 weeks will determine what our season will revolve into. Games against Titans and Rabbits will see if a threepeat is possible.

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 14
Share: