12. Bateman
13. Pole

14. L. Fainu, 15. A. Twal, 16. A. Seyfarth, 17. Sa. Fainu

18. J. Matamua, 19. A. Kepaoa, 20. S. Alaimalo, 21. J. Simpkin, 22. Si. Fainu

Joel Helmes reacted
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Oooohhh.

I like it. IMO Best 1-17 we have put together so far. Feeling better about life all of a sudden.

What happened about Klemmer? not cited?

Edit: Looked it up and he was fined $3K. I hate the fine system but good that we get to keep him.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Tiger5150

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tiger5150

I like it. IMO Best 1-17 we have put together so far.

I agree 

ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Good team. No Bud Sullivan improves our teams chances by a truckload.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I really like the look of this team but I do have doubts about Naden. Understandable that Faatape needs a rest from first grade

Tiger5150 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

That team definitely looks better. Hopefully they bounce back but will be a tough ask against the Panthers 

Jedi Tiger and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Best team we have, would love to see the three Fainu boys on the field together, I'm sure Sione is not far off. Good to see Naden back and Latu at 14. Bud needs some time in Reggie's to work on his game...I believe he can be a starting half (prob not at the Tigers) or handy 14, just needs some gametime without the pressure of first grade.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

I wonder what the plan is for Alaimalo, he is exactly the type of player we need tall, athletic big body....but can he play league.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Round of applause for Benji naming this team. Its refreshing when we can all see weaknesses (Bud, Faataape) and Benji makes the sensible moves. Also can see a really clever/mature development arc for Naden by Benji. Brought him through reggies, gave him some specific goals and experience there, then softly softly towards a return to first grade and didnt baulk when the need arose. Good man management/development. Ive been encouraged by what Ive seen from Benji so far. you know Sheens/Madge would have persisted with some of these changes.

As far as Faataape is concerned, he is only on a development Contract and that is exactly what is happening to him, he is being developed. Lots to like about him, in particular very solid defence and has been tested in recent weeks. There is a first grader there and I am strangely confident that the club is doing the right thing by him. Having said that, I am looking forward to seeing a bigger body out there in Naden.

CanberraTiger and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

think with this team we can beat Penrith, it's a good team 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

My take on Bud: Benji brought him to the club and wanted to give him every opportunity to succeed. He was there or there about in pre season but the emergence of Galvin changed the pecking order. Benji is trying to support him (we have a long contract with him and I also think Benji wants to do right by him) but it also looks like his weaknesses are pretty clear to other teams and he is currently a liability more than an asset. Benji sees this and has pushed him back to NSW to try and rebuild him.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

That 17 and the NSW cup 17 look a lot stronger. Will be very tough to get close to the Panthers, but I'm confident they'll put up a better show than the last two weeks. 

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

It's such a pity this 17 wasn't able to line up last 2 weeks. We'd have won both games I reckon. We will still struggle to stay in the game with panthers even with this team playing well. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

That 17 and the NSW cup 17 look a lot stronger. Will be very tough to get close to the Panthers, but I'm confident they'll put up a better show than the last two weeks. 

without cleary they are beatable against the side we have

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Who knows anymore to be honest… we could either win or lose by 2-6 or get lapped. Just looking forward to seeing Galven go around. 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 8
Share: