Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] WT v Bulldogs Rd 9 2024

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Big game for the club this one. 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21 reacted
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Agreed. We will get a much better sense of where we are at from this game 

Joel Helmes and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Wear out Kikau in aggressive tackles and running the ball at him and we win. He is destructive however does not have a great engine. Dogs are full of fire in the first 40 yet fade in the second half, all their attack is down the left side and once kikau is gassed they have nothing and either way it's very predictable. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

The left edge is the key for the Dogs but their pack has been playing above themselves. I would’ve preferred to have met them when they needed a rest as opposed to after having a rest as I think they will gradually decline as the season progresses. But it is what it is & my hope is we can go out there and win the middle & finish the opportunities we can create. Might be a close one but wouldn’t expect otherwise.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

They've been very good defensively - will have to step it up with ball in hand if we're going to get them. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I can't see us winning the way we're attacking. If the Dogs score more than 10 points they'll likely win.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

We should be able to score more try's this weekend, Penrith and Broncos defense is exceptional, I think the Bulldogs defense has holes in it, especially in the second half. Stef really needs to step up and our middles need to dominate and roll through the middle. If they do this Api and Galvin should be able to pick them apart. I only fear 2 things Burtons bombs and Kikau's hit ups and offloads. Both can be blunted if we are switched on in defense and PLEASE REDUCE THE ERRORS AND SILLY PENALITIES!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

if we roll our sleeves up in the wet and take on the dogs pack we can win this. Wet weather is a great leveller, they have a good backline the dogs but there forward pack is as soft as poop. 

Straight up the guts we can win this week needs a big game from klemmer and Stef

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I can't see us winning the way we're attacking. If the Dogs score more than 10 points they'll likely win.

We desperately need another playmaker in the team at 13 or 1. My left field move is to have Fainu and Galven in halves and Sezer at lock. My left left field would be to have Naden at fullback and Bula to the centres. 🤷‍♂️ but something has to be looked sooner rather than later.

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

if we roll our sleeves up in the wet and take on the dogs pack we can win this. Wet weather is a great leveller, they have a good backline the dogs but there forward pack is as soft as poop. 

Straight up the guts we can win this week needs a big game from klemmer and Stef

The dogs have 2 backs on the bench too, halfback and a fullback 💩

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

4 things, 1. someone needs to do a job on Kikau, 2.our forwards have to dominate the middle 3. Burtons bombs are only effective when he is around the attacking 45m - 35m line, focus on shutting him down when he is kicking from there, otherwise don't over commit or rush the defensive line as he will take advantage either attacking himself or getting it out to Kikau. 4. Ignore Reed's niggle...it will end up driving him to distraction.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

The dogs have 2 backs on the bench too, halfback and a fullback 💩

100% I think we can win this bring on the wet weather

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Wests Tigers expect Apisai Koroisau to fight through back pain and face Canterbury, despite the player sitting out training.

Koroisau was restricted to the role of interested onlooker at training on Wednesday, keeping his boots off and watching Jake Simpkin fill in at dummy-half.

The 31-year-old limped from the field late in the Tigers' 34-10 loss to Brisbane on Saturday, and is still battling hip spasms.

But officials are confident he will be fine to face Canterbury on Saturday, with Wednesday's absence merely precautionary.

Koroisau is renowned for his toughness, not least when the player battled through a bout of gastro to star in the Tigers' win over Cronulla in late March.

He also fought through rib, shoulder and calf injuries to play in Penrith's 2021 grand-final campaign and help win that year's premiership.

"We've seen him do that countless times," Tigers teammate Isaiah Papali'i said.

"He is always putting his body on the line for the team."

Koroisau is arguably more important to the Tigers' than any other player with the poise and spark he provides out of hooker.

The Tigers were beaten 28-6, 74-0 and 36-12 in the three games they played without him last year.

aap

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @helmesy

Wests Tigers expect Apisai Koroisau to fight through back pain and face Canterbury, despite the player sitting out training.

Koroisau was restricted to the role of interested onlooker at training on Wednesday, keeping his boots off and watching Jake Simpkin fill in at dummy-half.

The 31-year-old limped from the field late in the Tigers' 34-10 loss to Brisbane on Saturday, and is still battling hip spasms.

But officials are confident he will be fine to face Canterbury on Saturday, with Wednesday's absence merely precautionary.

Koroisau is renowned for his toughness, not least when the player battled through a bout of gastro to star in the Tigers' win over Cronulla in late March.

He also fought through rib, shoulder and calf injuries to play in Penrith's 2021 grand-final campaign and help win that year's premiership.

Koroisau is arguably more important to the Tigers' than any other player with the poise and spark he provides out of hooker.

The Tigers were beaten 28-6, 74-0 and 36-12 in the three games they played without him last year.

aap

We are going to break him

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @helmesy

aap

We are going to break him

he’s already broken and they don’t seem to have a plan to get him some rest 

Mike and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 19
Share: