Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0334

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

We take a look at the Galvin situation and ask, Is Benji working hard enough to turn this around? https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0334/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Just started listening to the pod & want to thank Garry for clarifying the Galvin situation. I hadn’t heard the Chammas interview with Richo so didn’t really know what negotiations were ongoing, just assumed this news was in regards to other issues. This definitely sounds like the manager wanting the upgrade without extending, knowing in a years time the Roosters, amongst others, would be cashed up to have a lash at Lachie. Good to hear Richo’s side of what’s going on. One more point, was good to see Lachie out there yesterday signing autographs etc. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Joel I thought your one word was going to be Fourteen 😂🤣

Watch out for the bergs

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

In regards to Matamua, I asked him yesterday about his knee and the brace and he said it was just precautionary and he should be ok in a few days. Maybe he was being overly optimistic I don’t know but that’s what he told me. 
I was a little surprised when I spoke with Justin Olam and he told me his knee wasn’t 100%. Seems to me it’s an ongoing issue with him & perhaps he’d be rested a week or two or three if things were different right now. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

Joel I thought your one word was going to be Fourteen 😂🤣

Familiar number this year

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

great pod boys!!!  Agreed with everything Joel said about Galvin..roll up your sleeves and stop sooking!!  Just letting you know that Justin came back on in 2nd half and played roughly the last 20 minutes and we looked ok with him ball playing

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @davey-farrell

great pod boys!!!  Agreed with everything Joel said about Galvin..roll up your sleeves and stop sooking!!  Just letting you know that Justin came back on in 2nd half and played roughly the last 20 minutes and we looked ok with him ball playing

Actually on Galvin’s side here…however with our injuries he’s had to play. Having said that he was poor the other night. And will benefit from a break for a couple of weeks and hopefully gets things sorted with the club, one way or the other. 

Watch out for the bergs

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Who were the other players rumoured to want out that Garry alluded to? Apart from Stef and Galvin?

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Actually on Galvin’s side here…however with our injuries he’s had to play. Having said that he was poor the other night. And will benefit from a break for a couple of weeks and hopefully gets things sorted with the club, one way or the other. 

To me he looked off his game for a few weeks now, especially in areas where he needs to use his hands to deftly position the ball, dummy passes, show and go and kicking, to his credit his defence has not really suffered although you could imagine his grip strength would be diminished with a fracture. 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @lorenzo

To me he looked off his game for a few weeks now, especially in areas where he needs to use his hands to deftly position the ball, dummy passes, show and go and kicking, to his credit his defence has not really suffered although you could imagine his grip strength would be diminished with a fracture. 

Understandable Lachie has been a little off given he would’ve played all SG Ball last season including their pre season plus Westfield High’s season plus rep High School rep footy then straight into pre season with little break then playing NRL for a young man who hasn’t fully physically matured. Quite extraordinary what he has achieved really. A short break should help a bit especially with this contract talk in the background. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I agree with Joel. You lie down with dogs you get fleas. The fact that Galvin is signing up for all the most disgusting tactics of Moses tells you all you need to know about his character. By all means hold him to his contract but I want to see what Fainu has to offer. An 18yr old man thinks he is bigger than the club, he is mistaken.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I agree with Joel. You lie down with dogs you get fleas. The fact that Galvin is signing up for all the most disgusting tactics of Moses tells you all you need to know about his character. By all means hold him to his contract but I want to see what Fainu has to offer. An 18yr old man thinks he is bigger than the club, he is mistaken.

He is 18, he probably didn't even make the decision on who is manager is.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @garry

He’s the boss, not the manager or his parents. If he can’t see the dishonour we may be flogging a dead horse.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

all this talk by some at the start if the year Galvin could play 13 or centre, his parents see him as a 6 and only a 6, whether that be here or another club. 

I think we have lost Galvin regardless of what richo says in media holding him to a contract, likely scenario he announces November next year he is off.

we do have latu fainu who will likely want to stay and play with his brothers, and combined with Luai it could be a good partnership

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @garry

He’s the boss, not the manager or his parents. If he can’t see the dishonour we may be flogging a dead horse.

He is 18 and likely following the advice of those around him. I'm not ready to rip into for it at this point.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: