Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0314

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

The big clash with the Dolphins is previewed here, along with a good going over of the just-released Strategic Plan and a round of Buy, Sell, or Hold. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0314/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I agree with @TigerSteve. ONE HOME GROUND. 

TigerSteve and Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@mike They have the opportunity to move forward it’s all in for me .. where ever it will be . If Leichhardt is not safe for 4 games how is it safe for one or two no logic there  either is or not !

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

@snake I think what you’d find is they would limit the capacity and make it a day game only.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mike

I agree with @TigerSteve. ONE HOME GROUND. 

I also support 1HG

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

I only just listened to the pod this morning on my walk and as usually really enjoyed the debate, commentary and banter. 

I was interested in at least one of the questions in Yioti's Quiz as I distinctly remember reading this week that Benji had played 3 games with the Dolphins in 2017 so the answer will be 4 WT players have played for them. Also surprised no one knew Sezer had kicked 11, 1 pointers in his career as it was mentioned a lot in the commentary leading up to the need to kick one and again after doing so. 

Nervously excited about what this game v Dolphins will present for us.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tgrzmn

I only just listened to the pod this morning on my walk and as usually really enjoyed the debate, commentary and banter. 

I was interested in at least one of the questions in Yioti's Quiz as I distinctly remember reading this week that Benji had played 3 games with the Dolphins in 2017 so the answer will be 4 WT players have played for them. Also surprised no one knew Sezer had kicked 11, 1 pointers in his career as it was mentioned a lot in the commentary leading up to the need to kick one and again after doing so. 

Nervously excited about what this game v Dolphins will present for us.

Steve and I were both at the game and didn't hear the commentary.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Here here Steve, I’m not sold on luai either. He is more benji than prince, and we all know what happened to benji and the team once prince left. Galvin needs a stable, consistent manager and sezer is a great foil for him. I really hope I’m wrong, but it will kill me if we make leaps and bounds this year only to go back to a confused mess next year with the wrong halves pairing.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

@garry Point taken. 😀

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tgrzmn

@garry Point taken. 😀

I have to get a new pair of sports ears.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @skippa13

Here here Steve, I’m not sold on luai either. He is more benji than prince, and we all know what happened to benji and the team once prince left. Galvin needs a stable, consistent manager and sezer is a great foil for him. I really hope I’m wrong, but it will kill me if we make leaps and bounds this year only to go back to a confused mess next year with the wrong halves pairing.

Regardless of how well Sezer is filling that role (and he is doing EXACTLY the job we need right now), he is not the answer, he would be 34 during next season.

i wouldnt be against the idea of Sezer going around again next year, except for the fact that we have a backlog of seemingly talent halves that we want to keep. At this stage Luai and Galvin are must keeps. Its likely that Latu is as well and we dont have the luxury of keeping a 34yo half at the expense of a 20yo.

I dont disagree with your point but its up to Benji and the players involved to make this work.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Galvin actually did most of the kicking last week.

But agree having 2 6s in Galvin and Laui is a risk.

I do back Laui to be the dominant half and control the team.

But possibly there is a different way around things. 

Could you retain Sezer to play 13 (shared with Latu at 14?).

Sezer to help with the grinding play in first 20mins each half. Latu to help with attacking tired defence in 2nd half of each half.

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Share: