Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0278

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

On the latest edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast - a review of the Souths game, Payne Haas and Shawn Blore discussion and Short Drop-Outs! https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0278/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

The amount of sighs throughout the pod guys just brings home my thoughts moving forward. We are a Broken club !! I seriously feel as though we are Humpty Dumpty 😜😅

Actually it’s a perfect description! !

Keep steering the right path

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

I think the real issue here that has to be addressed is coaching or lack of! I have been saying this for a while that this team is very poorly coached , I have serious reservations of Benji coaching this team moving forward and this seems to be the view of others as there is a push for an assistant that is versed in the modern game ! Sheens does not rate IMO the game has passed him bye and his words reflect this . I do not hold hope that this is going to turn around as its going to end in tears!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Letting Blore go now would be a typical Wests Tigers management move. They really are clueless. Let’s hope more sensible heads prevail and we sign Blore beyond his current contract. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

The amount of sighs throughout the pod guys just brings home my thoughts moving forward. We are a Broken club !! I seriously feel as though we are Humpty Dumpty 😜😅

I think there’s a good chance (maybe not 50/50) that everything will implode at some stage in next 3 months.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mike

Letting Blore go now would be a typical Wests Tigers management move. They really are clueless. Let’s hope more sensible heads prevail and we sign Blore beyond his current contract. 

Yep, would be true to form for this administration.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @snake

I think the real issue here that has to be addressed is coaching or lack of! I have been saying this for a while that this team is very poorly coached

I agree - we are severely lacking in so many basic fundamentals. We get stripped for numbers on the edges in the same manner multiple times each week, our attacking shape has been an absolute mess all season, the team across the board struggles to defend any sort of kick (set plays or in general play) - the list goes on. 

No idea what the solution is here as we've made a 5 year commitment to Benji, but the current structure is a disaster and needs to change for 2024. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

@snake I understand that the coaching hasn’t been up to scratch…. But can it be that Potter Taylor Cleary and Maguire pretty much got similar results when at the helm, all be it not wooden spoons. What I see in all these squads from 2012- now is that we’ve had some very very low IQ players on our roster. Doesn’t just harp back solely on the coaches is what I’m saying. 
However there’s a number of issues that have continued to snowball for our club. To the point of there is no way out of the deep hole that we’re in.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @helmesy

I think there’s a good chance (maybe not 50/50) that everything will implode at some stage in next 3 months.

Yeah I can’t see us staying out of the spotlight in the near future. Is the end nigh?? Possibly… but who knows

ReplyQuote
(@congo)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I was listening to the discussion about our forwards breaking up defensive lines. I have watched our Flegg team play a number of times this year, including yesterday at Lidcombe Oval. I sat behind the goalposts to try and get a good view of how they were playing. Coincidently one of our current top 30 players was also sitting there , he had also gone to watch these boys. We discussed a number of the up and comers and he pointed out how hard they were running through the middle which was allowing Da Silva to get on the front foot. The halves got plenty of ball, particularly Iverson Matai on the left side who provided Feledy and Kirk good ball. Looking at a number of these boys they are very well built but will need time to develop. Three of the spine will still be eligible for SG Ball next season. That also may be what Sheens was referring to with his comments about needing two to three years.

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@snake I understand that the coaching hasn’t been up to scratch…. But can it be that Potter Taylor Cleary and Maguire pretty much got similar results when at the helm, all be it not wooden spoons. What I see in all these squads from 2012- now is that we’ve had some very very low IQ players on our roster. Doesn’t just harp back solely on the coaches is what I’m saying. 
However there’s a number of issues that have continued to snowball for our club. To the point of there is no way out of the deep hole that we’re in.

I disagree that Sheens, through throwing Kimmorley under a bus in 2022, and Sheens/Marshall in 2023 should not be held accountable for the likely consecutive wooden spoons. It took place under their coaching. They are, above anyone else, responsible. Moreso, given that the 2023 squad is better than the 2022 squad.

Tell us what those other "number of issues" are and why you think they take are more influential than the disastrous impact of Sheens, in particular. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @helmesy

it feels like we are definitely on the cusp of something, either significant improvement or complete collapse.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: