Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast 0277

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Check out the latest edition of the Pod. We give a Petition update, do we stand a chance against Souths? Buy, Sell or Hold brings up some healthy debate and Yioti tests Garry and Declan's Wests Tigers knowledge! https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0277/#google_vignette

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

That was a fun pod guys, truthful and insightful. However I never knew Ferris was in our team. I refer to Declan’s comment of our fullback being a shining light for our season. Ferris Bueller 😁

Might have to google him Declan 😅😅

Keep steering the right path

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Another great pod. Look forward to each and every one

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Good pod again guys.

I hate to be a contrary voice.....I am 100% behind the petition, 100% behind the call for an external, independent review and definitely want change in the club in all positions probably above the coach.......but....

Listening to the pod, and with all respect to the guys on the pods and others here expressing their opinions, I feel like we are all setting ourselves up for disappointment. Calls for set term lengths, and "maybe WA have two positions" on the board are not realistic. I agree with these ideas and opinions, if they applied to a football club, but WT is not a club, it is a privately owned, private company and as such, not only are not compelled to not adopt ideas as expressed, it is not in their interest to do so. No owner of a multi million dollar company is going to set up a board that they only directly control 25%.

Dont get me wrong, IMO change is needed and possible but again IMO we need to stop thinking of WT as a club and be realistic that it is a privately owned private company and be realistic about the changes that can and are realistic to be made. For example, throwing a simple idea out there, expand board to 12, 7 x WA, 1 x Balmain, 1 x Magpies, 3 x true independents (not Danny Stapleton who isnt independent).

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Mate, I agree with you fully in regards to the likelihood of significant change.

I'm a perfect world I am happy for WA to control the board, I would like them to appoint other people to that board and not have the same people holding positions on both boards.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @garry

Mate, I agree with you fully in regards to the likelihood of significant change.

I'm a perfect world I am happy for WA to control the board, I would like them to appoint other people to that board and not have the same people holding positions on both boards.

I agree with that and it is a great example of realistic achievable change.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

enjoyed the pod guys

I think it's just as likely that the player manager organises the Sullivan photos as opposed to WT staff and then leaks the story to the media. I do think a more professionally run club would be able to say "if this meeting makes its way into the papers the deals off' but unfortunately there are too many loose lips at WT so we don't have that luxury!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@Tiger5150 We all have our views and I have expressed mine elsewhere here and there is nothing wrong with others expressing theirs. Some interesting ideas.

Before we throw them all away or dismiss them out of hand, how about we just wait and see what an independent external review says, if we get one. I’d be happy to be guided by and accept what actual experts say. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I think this would be realistic if not for the fact that Holman Barnes group exists? As far as I can tell that entity was set up with the deliberate goal of keeping the current group in charge.

It will taken NRL intervention or a whistleblower to come forward and give further information about the alleged ASIC breaches.

I'm happy to be told otherwise.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@mike I'm hoping you're right but what is the criteria for anyone invited to participate in this review? It's highly likely that anyone invited to participate has connections to the current admin. Isn't that what always happens?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mike

@Tiger5150 We all have our views and I have expressed mine elsewhere here and there is nothing wrong with others expressing theirs. Some interesting ideas.

Before we throw them all away or dismiss them out of hand, how about we just wait and see what an independent external review says, if we get one. I’d be happy to be guided by and accept what actual experts say. 

Agree 100% and Im not trying to stifle those views, as I said I agree with most of them.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mickb

I think this would be realistic if not for the fact that Holman Barnes group exists? As far as I can tell that entity was set up with the deliberate goal of keeping the current group in charge.

It will taken NRL intervention or a whistleblower to come forward and give further information about the alleged ASIC breaches.

Im pretty sure Holman Barnes IS WA and therefore the owner of WT. Name change to reflect the fact that they look after 3 clubs (soon to be 4).

Werent the alleged ASIC breaches reported to ASIC by Cavanagh?

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

enjoyed the pod guys

I think it's just as likely that the player manager organises the Sullivan photos as opposed to WT staff and then leaks the story to the media. I do think a more professionally run club would be able to say "if this meeting makes its way into the papers the deals off' but unfortunately there are too many loose lips at WT so we don't have that luxury!

You wouldn't take him out on that balcony if you wanted to avoid photos.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Im pretty sure Holman Barnes IS WA and therefore the owner of WT. Name change to reflect the fact that they look after 3 clubs (soon to be 4).

Werent the alleged ASIC breaches reported to ASIC by Cavanagh?

This is correct, Wests Ashfield changed their name to the Holman Barnes Group as they now run 3 clubs, a fourth club coming with the Balmain leagues club. The change was to oversee the 4 clubs and to also adopt Balmain's history and legacy now that Wests Ashfield and Balmain Leagues merged.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: