Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0218

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

The latest edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast is good to go! On the agenda, the latest signings and exits, other potential recruits, and 2023 home grounds. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0218/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I'm in agreement with Steve. Next year we have to make the 8. If we don't it's a failure. No more excuses. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I'm in agreement with Steve. Next year we have to make the 8. If we don't it's a failure. No more excuses. 

Of course it is failure,I just don't expect us to make it.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I enjoyed the discussion again guys particularly about 2023 prospects.

I'm glass half full on us making the finals for 2023 for these reasons:

- we were terribly unfortunate with injuries in '22

- the players that we have signed for '23 are high quality established NRL players

- we've been able to move a few contracted players on at no long term cost to the club namely Liddle, Musgrove & Peachey

- I believe that Sheens and Marshall will be able to recruit better players than Madge ever could.

Jedi Tiger and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Of course it is failure,I just don't expect us to make it.

Well we're not going to make it with that attitude lol

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @mickb

I enjoyed the discussion again guys particularly about 2023 prospects.

I'm glass half full on us making the finals for 2023 for these reasons:

- we were terribly unfortunate with injuries in '22

- the players that we have signed for '23 are high quality established NRL players

- we've been able to move a few contracted players on at no long term cost to the club namely Liddle, Musgrove & Peachey

- I believe that Sheens and Marshall will be able to recruit better players than Madge ever could.

I think it's going to depend on who we get between now and round 1. Put in Klemmer and Bateman and we're a definite chance.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Good pod guys

Think acceptable season would be still in with a chance of 8 with 2 rounds left, maybe a dare I say it 9th to 10 finish.

Would think 2024 we would expect to make 8 for sure

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Havent listened to the pod yet guys (I save it for particularly boring hours at work) but in my opinion a successful season would be 9 - 12 next year, 13-17 would be cause for very serious concern. Top 8 would be massive over achieving. Im not sure that people realise how broken this club and team are and its going to take some years of doing the right things to turn it around IMO. As long as they are turning it around its a pass in my opinion.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

you beauty, look forward to having a listen this arvo when i take the dog for a walk

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

You may be right, but there just aren't the players available for 2023 that will make a difference. Plus we only have 2 spots left on the roster.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry I checked the performances of the wooden spooners since 2012 and only two teams have gone on to play finals the next season, Sharks spooners in 2014 and were 6th the following year, Eels spooners 2018 and 6th the following year. The average finish is 11th the following year and teams average 9 wins for the season after finishing last since 2012.  Only 3 clubs since 2011 have bounced back 2 years later to play finals, Sharks 2016, Eels 2020 and Titans very lucky in 2021. Sheens and co will have to work some magic to  get the Tigers into the finals next year.

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@avocadoontoast Ohhh. you're on here?? I wondered where you went to from the other forum. I notice your pro-Sheens/anti-Maguire fantasy is still alive and kicking though. Good on you.

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @russtutty63

@garry I checked the performances of the wooden spooners since 2012 and only two teams have gone on to play finals the next season, Sharks spooners in 2014 and were 6th the following year, Eels spooners 2018 and 6th the following year. The average finish is 11th the following year and teams average 9 wins for the season after finishing last since 2012.  Only 3 clubs since 2011 have bounced back 2 years later to play finals, Sharks 2016, Eels 2020 and Titans very lucky in 2021. Sheens and co will have to work some magic to  get the Tigers into the finals next year.

Then they better get moving!!😉

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @dirty-reds

You may be right, but there just aren't the players available for 2023 that will make a difference. Plus we only have 2 spots left on the roster.

I agree with you on that front. There's no future 200 gamers sitting around for us to snap up. To fill the rumoured Brooks departure we'd have to pick someone out of reserve grade. At that level there's Blake Taffe & Dean Hawkins from the rabbits who are not getting a run. Taffe played a GF 12 months ago

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2022/10/24/nsw-cup-2022-season-review--south-sydney-rabbitohs

Jayden Sullivan might be an option although he just withdrew his request for a release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbSITZYRA6c

From the QRL, there are big wraps on Jonah Pezet whose path is blocked at the Storm.

A left field nomination is Tristan Sailor. Comes with a bit of baggage of course but was cleared ultimately. I have seen him play reggies a few times. He's far too good for that level. Covers 1,6,7 and plays a similar style to Daine Laurie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6yrRC4_CUA

The podcasters made a point about not letting Brooks go without cover which is valid. I accept it is a huge risk. But after 10 years of watching Brooks I would be more hopeful of a turn around if we take a chance on a rookie. It's time for a change.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@avocadoontoast Ohhh. you're on here?? I wondered where you went to from the other forum. I notice your pro-Sheens/anti-Maguire fantasy is still alive and kicking though. Good on you.

Some would call it an opinion and they are welcome. Lets not bring that stuff over.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: