Wests Tigers 2023 p...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers 2023 predicted finish

(@super-coach)
Junior Pathways

Our squad on paper looks stronger and has plenty of experience but we still lack a couple of real athletes that you need to play the game now. Players like Nanai that can destroy a edge. We should be a hard nut to crack  but might just lack some attacking qualities. I see us finishing between about 12 and 14.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I voted 10th

Overall I think we have

- more depth in the forwards and higher standard of player in the pack

- a group of outside backs that are still pretty ordinary

To get into the Top 8 I think we'd need to

- upgrade our wingers and centres.

- find one more experienced forward

- get a dream run with injuries particularly in the halves.

I am pleased that there has been high roster turnover because it was clear that changes needed to be made. It will be exciting to see how all the new players come together

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mickb

I voted 10th

Overall I think we have

- more depth in the forwards and higher standard of player in the pack

- a group of outside backs that are still pretty ordinary

To get into the Top 8 I think we'd need to

- upgrade our wingers and centres.

- find one more experienced forward

- get a dream run with injuries particularly in the halves.

I am pleased that there has been high roster turnover because it was clear that changes needed to be made. It will be exciting to see how all the new players come together

I think you’re spot on around injuries, could make or break us for sure in 23.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

On the back of the strong rumours we're signing Klemmer and Bateman I'm confident enough to make a prediction.

9th of course, it would be poetic!

I'd like to think we can do better but with Hastings likely gone and no replacement half signed for next season I can't see it happening.

If by chance we jag say George Williams for the 7, and AD goes to centre we'd be in with a good shot for 6th-8th especially if our choice of #13 is a good one.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @barra

On the back of the strong rumours we're signing Klemmer and Bateman I'm confident enough to make a prediction.

9th of course, it would be poetic!

I'd like to think we can do better but with Hastings likely gone and no replacement half signed for next season I can't see it happening.

If by chance we jag say George Williams for the 7, and AD goes to centre we'd be in with a good shot for 6th-8th especially if our choice of #13 is a good one.

I also picked 9th based on the fact that it is our traditional home but without real confidence. The latest movements make me more confident we can reach those lofty heights.

ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

Im Optimistic that we will finish 15th, but in truth I dont know there are two clubs that have gone backwards.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@helmesy injuries and suspensions impacted on 2022 as well. But, I agree that an injury is likely to have a bigger impact in 2023 given the comparative weakness of the roster.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@helmesy injuries and suspensions impacted on 2022 as well. But, I agree that an injury is likely to have a bigger impact in 2023 given the comparative weakness of the roster.

I think overall the roster will be stronger despite the loss of Hastings.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I’ve reassessed things. I think we’ll make the top 8

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mercy-rule

100% we still need a good year injurywise. God forbid Brooks or AD go down.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

Bonjour,

Listen Very carefully I shall say zis only once. I have consulted a very well regarded Fortune Teller who lives just outside of Paris. She has consulted the 'stones' and has predicted that we will be Championner in 2023!!

Au revoir, The Frog

This post was modified 1 year ago by The Frog

Joel Helmes and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @the-frog

Bonjour,

Listen Very carefully I shall say zis only once. I have consulted a very well regarded Fortune Teller who lives just outside of Paris. She has consulted the 'stones' and has predicted that we will be Championner in 2023!!

Au revoir, The Frog

I think the frog has been into the wine again 🍷 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @the-frog

Bonjour,

Au revoir, The Frog

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Ça va M.Frog,

Le mot français pour “fortune teller” est clairvoyante.Cette clairvoyante,je l’aime bien mais elle rêve.....I like her but she’s dreaming....Bonne chance pour la saison prochaine!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

Bonjour TS.

Listen Very carefully I shall say zis only once.

I am much aware that the French word for "fortune teller" is in fact cartomancienne (the feminine) as she is a she. I too like her as she is belle, but she's not dreaming my friend as the 'stones' never lie. It warms my cockles very much to converse with such an educated person on this forum. I was starting to think it was like the other forum... full of those filthy paysans........

Au revoir, The Frog

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: