Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @loganr21

@helmesy definitely agree with 6 of those.

Two are off contract so they’re easy ones.

I just think we have to be ruthless here and get some muscle in.

I hear your thinking Joel, however who are the players that we will sign? Nobody of any note want to come here. Apart from the panthers duo (who I don’t rate anyways) It’s just a sad never ending rebuild through my eyes.

Where do the Sharks find guys like Rudolf, Ronaldo, Katoa, Talakai and Hazelton??

Not asking this question because I know the answer, however I wonder how old these players were when they had their debut, assuming they were in the sharks lower grades they were probably sheltered and given time by the fact that you had Fifita, Gallen etc in first grade so they had the room to develop and the players to develop under...unfortunately we don't have that and are starting from scratch trying to build an environment that provides the space for our kids to develop. Forwards develop much later than backs, so we need to be patient with the likes of Stef, Pole, Matamua, Miller etc...Fainu is an exception at the moment however its likely he has a drop in form in the not too distant future, consistency in form for forwards comes with some age and alot of experience. 

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

There is no way if we lose stef that we can recruit another dominant front row forward

''

Unfortunately this is correct. We will probably have to overpay him because with Klem aging, it will be impossible to attract a good NRL player to carry that load. personally if he wants around $900K, id offer a short contract 2 years and hope that someone like a Miller comes through to carry the load in the future.

Agree we to keep Stef. But Miller will need more than a couple of years to become dominant, if he does.

We probably need to replace Klem with a hard prop as well before any youngster comes through.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

as others have said if we are paying stef 900k, we should have paid 1 million for AFB

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

as others have said if we are paying stef 900k, we should have paid 1 million for AFB

Don’t believe everything you hear/read.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

thing is if Penrith or Roosters offer 700k or 750k he then says to the Tigers I want 800k or 850k to stay  

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

if Stef wants $800k from us, then show him the door.

ReplyQuote
(@usedtobeasouthsfan)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Since Richo came not a figure nor negotiation has been leaked so I doubt the Stef price is accurate. When info has been shared, it has been done to set an agenda. I think the number has been thrown out there to get public opinion on his worth that can now be used to say to his agent "see, no one thinks he is worth that, so stop asking for it".

I get it - we have been terrible year after year and that wears on us but Richo has demonstrated we won't be like that anymore.

Bennett may be going to Souths...or might he be coming here to help Benji. It wouldn't surprise me.

MickeyB, Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Or he shows a consistant standard of dominant play that says he is worth the money. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

thing is if Penrith or Roosters offer 700k or 750k he then says to the Tigers I want 800k or 850k to stay  

And rightly so

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

And rightly so

no way he is worth the 800k or 850k

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

what about young blaize talangi from Parramatta, could we play him on wing or centres 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

what about young blaize talangi from Parramatta, could we play him on wing or centres 

don’t we have enough kids?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

And rightly so

no way he is worth the 800k or 850k

No one is saying he is.....but he is worth to us probably $100K more than Roosters will offer and rightly so it will cost us about that much more than they are offering.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@tiger5150 exactly. We would definitely need to pay more than a successful club to sign/retain players. In are in such a hole it’s hard to see a way out. 

It’s just a cycle of over paying players and praying for juniors to come through and shine. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Or just a 2 year deal at 800K

Watch out for the bergs

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 936 / 948
Share: