Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Stef needs to lift his game and prove he can be more consistent than he has been, had a couple of great games against Sharks and Parra and guess what....We won! so yes he is worth $850k if he can consistently deliver at that level however he is very hot and cold. It is mainly him and partly the quality of ball he is getting. He has a chance this weekend to show his stuff against the Saifiti boys and go some way to convincing us he is worth $850k, not sure what the urgency is in signing him now, we have a bit of time before anyone else can speak to him (formally) and I doubt Panthers will have the $$ if they sign Fifita and Roosters are not going to make a big play for him as they have Spencer and Collins and a multitude of second rowers that could carry some weight in the middle...they really need backs with half the backline retiring or leaving. Dogs are my only concern but they too have blown big dollars on their Panthers players so do they really want to lock $900k up in a inconsistent forward. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

what about young blaize talangi from Parramatta, could we play him on wing or centres 

don’t we have enough kids?

an upgrade on Staines and has good relationship with Galvin 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@tiger5150 exactly. We would definitely need to pay more than a successful club to sign/retain players. In are in such a hole it’s hard to see a way out. 

It’s just a cycle of over paying players and praying for juniors to come through and shine. 

As you have said, we have been in a cycle of over paying players. It’s time we changed this by assessing the actual value of a player based on performance and making an offer that reflects their true value. We keep rewarding mediocrity. Richo has no doubt identified this problem which I think is holding up our development as a club.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

@tiger5150 exactly. We would definitely need to pay more than a successful club to sign/retain players. In are in such a hole it’s hard to see a way out. 

It’s just a cycle of over paying players and praying for juniors to come through and shine. 

As you have said, we have been in a cycle of over paying players. It’s time we changed this by assessing the actual value of a player based on performance and making an offer that reflects their true value. We keep rewarding mediocrity. Richo has no doubt identified this problem which I think is holding up our development as a club.

We are in no position to play "hard ball" with quality players. Successful clubs will pick off our quality players easily and we will stay at the bottom if we survive. We need to be careful about who we pay overs for, how long we sign them on overs and then fill the squad with value and juniors. When the success comes we can start getting tougher in deals but we are in no position to let the core of this squad go...

Players I thikn we will need to pay overs for to keep and its worth doing so:
Bula,

Galvin,

Stef,

Pole,

Samuela Fainu

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Problem is we will struggle to keep or sign anyone of true quality. No ones coming here just to continually lose when they could get similar money at a successful club

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

so fifita is off to the Roosters for 3.3 million over 4 years

a good get at the price in that team

we better mot be paying Stef anywhere near 900k 

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Roosters have Chrichton, butcher, tupinua, Wong and now Fifita in second row. Surely we can strength our back row with those left out

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigertownsfs  The Tigers have Twal .. on a new long term contract ! No need to look elsewhere we are set for next season quote Richo , how sad .

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @usedtobeasouthsfan

Since Richo came not a figure nor negotiation has been leaked so I doubt the Stef price is accurate. When info has been shared, it has been done to set an agenda. I think the number has been thrown out there to get public opinion on his worth that can now be used to say to his agent "see, no one thinks he is worth that, so stop asking for it".

I get it - we have been terrible year after year and that wears on us but Richo has demonstrated we won't be like that anymore.

Bennett may be going to Souths...or might he be coming here to help Benji. It wouldn't surprise me.

100% Agree.

On a similar point, Richo said on an ABC Sport interview 2 weeks ago that we are 'done recruiting and we'll back our kids for 2025." There's been some fans getting upset about that.

It's straight up not true. Richo won't sit on his hands and risk his reputation on a dog awful roster put together by Pascoe and others.

Our 2024 squad has something 10 of the Top 30 who have played 5 or less NRL games. That is just too high a number. We should have 4 rookies in the top 30 at most

https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/teams/wests-tigers/

They need to tap at least 4 of these players on the shoulder IMO

Faagutu

Feledy

Tumeth

Kit Lauilii

Solomone Saukuru

Jordan Miller

Tony Sukkar

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Roosters have Chrichton, butcher, tupinua, Wong and now Fifita in second row. Surely we can strength our back row with those left out

We need to strike while the iron is hot, I'm loving Crichton's attitude and performances of late. However any of those guys would be a win for us.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Some clubs have advantages in terms of what they can offer players who are off contract. Some would have greater access to companies who might offer 3rd party deals to a player who might be thinking of joining a club. So I’m curious, does anyone here know of any Tigers player who might be receiving 3rd party deals?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Richo should be on the phone to Bennet 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@jedi-tiger I read that as Barrett at first 🤣🤣🤣

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@jedi-tiger I read that as Barrett at first 🤣🤣🤣

lol haha no looks like we already have someone in the box who can't coach 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Richo should be on the phone to Bennet 

In what role?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 937 / 942
Share: