Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @helmesy

@helmesy definitely agree with 6 of those.

Two are off contract so they’re easy ones.

I just think we have to be ruthless here and get some muscle in.

I hear your thinking Joel, however who are the players that we will sign? Nobody of any note want to come here. Apart from the panthers duo (who I don’t rate anyways) It’s just a sad never ending rebuild through my eyes.

Where do the Sharks find guys like Rudolf, Ronaldo, Katoa, Talakai and Hazelton??

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I’d keep Sukkar. He has a bit of xfactor but is taking his time to develop into a firstgrader.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@helmesy can we just put the entire club through the shredder. As you said on the pod the place is joyless

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Weidler reporting we are looking to offer Stef $900k a season. A huge mistake imo. He has been completely dominated the last few weeks.

Kenny4517, LoganR21, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I hear your thinking Joel, however who are the players that we will sign? Nobody of any note want to come here. Apart from the panthers duo (who I don’t rate anyways) It’s just a sad never ending rebuild through my eyes.

Where do the Sharks find guys like Rudolf, Ronaldo, Katoa, Talakai and Hazelton??

The difference with these players is that they compete 100% on each play whether in attack or defending. Our guys are maybe on par for talent but don’t compete at the same level. We allow late offloads by easing off the tackle while the attacker is still competing, this kills any pressure we have built up. This seems like a simple attitude issue but we can’t seem to change it.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Weidler reporting we are looking to offer Stef $900k a season. A huge mistake imo. He has been completely dominated the last few weeks.

Stef is not worth anywhere need that money. That money is for players that can influence the outcome of games, Stef has not shown that ability yet.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@avocadoontoast Typical Tigers what this guy has shown this season I would give 500k and take the risk the guy is a myth !  We really need to be cautious here he is nowhere near an elite front rower ! This has the Sullivan vibe to it .

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@the-last-ronin I get the smell of desperation to be frank , after years of trashing the recruitment with no direction  and any  keen eyed  scouts …watching reserve grade and honestly can not believe what I see , there is Nothing happening just a group of players that are just not to standard at reserve grade level what the hell has happened !!

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Snake

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

900k for Stef is idiotic, 750k Max 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

The Sharks through 2010-14 were going down our path now. They got in a hard nose coach and he changed culture. Probably love him or hate him Paul Gallen led the way and hardened up the squad too.  We haven’t had a captain like Gallen, however we got Maguire but wasn’t able to get through to the squad. 

Watch out for the bergs

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I kind of doubt that very much, given Richo’s previous comments. More like Weidler pulling numbers out of where the sun doesn’t shine. 

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If Stef was at his best every week then maybe but he needs to show a LOT more consistency. The problem is the player market is very bare so decent player prices are going to be a lot higher

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@mike Richo  said Blake not worth a Million who is twice the player Stefano  but  will give him 900k . I know which player I would sign the guy that puts in ever game Blake every day of the week .

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

There is no way if we lose stef that we can recruit another dominant front row forward

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

There is no way if we lose stef that we can recruit another dominant front row forward

''

Unfortunately this is correct. We will probably have to overpay him because with Klem aging, it will be impossible to attract a good NRL player to carry that load. personally if he wants around $900K, id offer a short contract 2 years and hope that someone like a Miller comes through to carry the load in the future.

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 935 / 948
Share: