Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Left hand combination of Papi, Olam and Sivo would be special.

That combination would be VERY special in defence. They would leak 1000 points a game.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Herald now reporting the deal is done

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@avocadoontoast Which winger ?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Turuva to join Wests Tigers in 2025

By Michael Chammas, Billie Eder and Adrian Proszenko
Updated April 25, 2024 — 2.00pmfirst published April 22, 2024 — 7.17am

NRL SCOREBOARDNRLFull fixtures

Listen to this article

Panthers winger Sunia Turuva has agreed to terms to join the Wests Tigers, informing Penrith team-mates on Thursday of his decision to leave the club at the end of the season.

Turuva will join the Tigers in 2025 on a three-year deal worth $1.3 million. The Fijian international knocked back an offer from the Dragons.

Sunia Turuva celebrates a try.

Sunia Turuva celebrates a try.CREDIT: NRL PHOTOS

Turuva is first cousins with Tigers captain Api Koroisau and also has a strong relationship with incoming recruit Jarome Luai.

The Dragons’ offer was between $400,000 and $600,000 per season, with position incentives built into the contract.

Penrith were unwilling to spend more than $350,000 to keep Turuva at the club considering the depth in the outside backs they have coming through their junior system

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

~450k a year. Seems ok price. He has speed and strength, something we lack a bit of. I still worry he is small

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

My mate is a Panthers fan and he’s incredibly angry he’s leaving. lol.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

My mate is a Panthers fan and he’s incredibly angry he’s leaving. lol.

That’s a good sign

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Good news if the Turuva signing is true. Fixes one of our issues for 2025. Still need at least one, possibly two, high-quality wingers, a lock forward and Impact bench forward. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

~450k a year. Seems ok price. He has speed and strength, something we lack a bit of. I still worry he is small

I share your concern about his size (particularly in our team which all seems small) but having said that, Penriths back three were incredible making ground last week and none of them are big or tall.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Happy enough at that price. Interesting chat re him playing centre. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I agree about his height, but that's more proof that WT's and Benji are gaining credibility in the players market.  

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @mac_tiger

I agree about his height, but that's more proof that WT's and Benji are gaining credibility in the players market.  

there is definitely a snowball effect these days given the salary cap limits how much more you can pay a player. Recruitment wins mean someone like Stef is more likely to stay and demand less money. We now have a decent core of panthers players, some obviously strong juniors coming through and a pack that competes in yardage. It’s now left to think about whether our 13 is currently inside the club (Latu, Galvin) or whether we need to recruit. Hopefully some of the kids compete for the outside back positions. I still would like to see Sione in first grade to see how he has come along since last year as he could definately add some balance to the proper rotation. It would not shock me if we paid Bateman to go back to England if we end up going in a different direction at lock.

ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

@mickb yes I also recall the last two years being options.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mac_tiger

there is definitely a snowball effect these days given the salary cap limits how much more you can pay a player. Recruitment wins mean someone like Stef is more likely to stay and demand less money. We now have a decent core of panthers players, some obviously strong juniors coming through and a pack that competes in yardage. It’s now left to think about whether our 13 is currently inside the club (Latu, Galvin) or whether we need to recruit. Hopefully some of the kids compete for the outside back positions. I still would like to see Sione in first grade to see how he has come along since last year as he could definately add some balance to the proper rotation. It would not shock me if we paid Bateman to go back to England if we end up going in a different direction at lock.

Wouldn't shock me if this was Bateman’s last year with us.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

The thing I love most about Turuva's signing is it leaked an hour before it was announced and not 10 mins after he came on the market. Great player with great acceleration from a standing start, his height does not overly concern me as he looks to have a decent vertical jump, and is pretty safe under the high ball.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 930 / 933
Share: